• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Most 500+ HP vehicles aren’t really well suited to novice drivers. Glad that everyone is okay and that the damage wasn’t too serious.
Most? That implies there's at least one that is suited to a novice driver. You've peaked my curiosity, and now we need a poll. What 500hp vehicle is suitable for my teenager?
Sponsored

Jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, 2019 Fusion Energi, 2016 Escape
We have a Mach E and a Lightning and we don't let out kids drive either one. I bought them another car to learn to drive in just for that reason. I'm glad everyone is okay and no significant damage.
Not sure when learning ends . . . We have a Lightning and a Mach E. When I could not bear to part with the Mach E when I got the Lightning, so we got rid of the 2016 Escape my 23 Year old daughter was driving, and she drives the Mach E.

Not a huge deal, but she clipped the sideview mirror on the garage entry and broke the mirror and cracked the gray plastic housing. And she is normally a VERY good driver.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Not sure when learning ends . . . We have a Lightning and a Mach E. When I could not bear to part with the Mach E when I got the Lightning, so we got rid of the 2016 Escape my 23 Year old daughter was driving, and she drives the Mach E.

Not a huge deal, but she clipped the sideview mirror on the garage entry and broke the mirror and cracked the gray plastic housing. And she is normally a VERY good driver.
These are all accidents. Shit happens to the best drivers. We are all humans, after all.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
"Hit the gas" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, we'll all take some time to stop saying gas pedal and switch to something like accelerator pedal or go-pedal.
I like skinny and wide pedals.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
These are all accidents. Shit happens to the best drivers. We are all humans, after all.
On our Chevy volt, both my wife and I clipped the passenger side mirror on the garage entrance. The body colored mirror cap snaps back on and no one but you has to know about it. And my wife managed to curb rash the wheels on the Volvo xc40 EV on day 1 of ownership. Dhit happens, it's just nice when it is inexpensive to fix and no one gets hurt.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I have two sons, both grown and out of the house. Had we had the Mach-E when either became a driver, you can bet there isn't a chance in hell either would drive it without me in the vehicle.

Neighbor's kid had a Mustang, they offered to drive our son (before he got his license) to school each day. Thanks, but no. I call those "tree wrappers".

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
It would be nice in the MyKey settings to somehow limit the available acceleration and limit the top peed, so for new / teen drivers you could make these types of adjustments.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
At least your daughter is still learning how to drive.. my wife (who was used to the Chrysler dial to change to park) was parking in front of a grocery store a few weeks ago. Instead of hitting the P piano button on the Lincoln, she turned the dial to excite mode and went to grab her purse from the back seat. Car drove itself into the store wall. Luckily just light cosmetic damage as well and no damage to store.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Most? That implies there's at least one that is suited to a novice driver. You've peaked my curiosity, and now we need a poll. What 500hp vehicle is suitable for my teenager?
I’m sure other examples are out there, but Teslas do have a “chill mode” which softens the acceleration curve and limits the max acceleration, and they also try to do more pedal misapplication checks.

May not have prevented this, may not be the most suitable for teaching a teenager to drive, but it does help with a novice driver who’s not ready to unleash instant EV torque.
Sponsored