• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Hard stuck on 3.5.2 still.. (Sync 4 - 12" screen)
After just over a month of no updates from 3.5.2, mine updated tonight while I was at work and it was parked outside in 20F weather, no WiFi signal. Go figure; but opefully you’ll get some update love soon; too.

The onLy thing I can figure is that I parked w southern sky visibility more than I usually do.
Sponsored

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Mine showed up without any warning.

After getting MIL-DTE update on 1/8 which was a huge pain - 5 days, 8 attempts - this update just showed up yesterday on my scheduled update time.

I think the MIL-DTE update was the huge blockage.

4.1.1 just showed up without any intervention, no manual download, no need to make multiple attempts, etc...
I haven't received an update since 11/1/22 so I'm trying to figure out why that is.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Installed last night. I received my ‘23 on 11/22 and this is my first update.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Mine updated a 1:42 pm, this was after we had arrived at our lunch destination, the truck had been off maybe a whole 10 minutes when I received the alert.

I received no alerts prior to this today, no flags on the main screen of a pending update, nothing, I'll assume this update happened while driving or shortly after I parked the truck, maximum window of occurrence was 1:05 to 1:42 pm.

The lunch destination is right next to huge cell tower that probably has multiple carriers broadcasting from the location, this restaurant might become my regular monthly visit, we only go there a couple times a year!!!! Had a great Strawberry Chicken & greens salad.

4.1.1 alert on Ford Pass

Ford F-150 Lightning Power Up-4.1.1 OTA software update released 1673555603074

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Mine updated a 1:42 pm, this was after we had arrived at our lunch destination, the truck had been off maybe a whole 10 minutes when I received the alert.

I received no alerts prior to this today, no flags on the main screen of a pending update, nothing, I'll assume this update happened while driving or shortly after I parked the truck, maximum window of occurrence was 1:05 to 1:42 pm.

The lunch destination is right next to huge cell tower that probably has multiple carriers broadcasting from the location, this restaurant might become my regular monthly visit, we only go there a couple times a year!!!! Had a great Strawberry Chicken & greens salad.

4.1.1 alert on Ford Pass

1673555603074.png
You may have found the magic location to get updates - next to cell towers!

Better not disclose the restaurant - you may end up with all your MA Lightnings showing up!

Sponsored

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
Received update to 4.1.1 this morning after a short drive. First update I have received. Is this the most recent update? Departure times and charging locations etc seem to be intact.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Received update to 4.1.1 this morning after a short drive. First update I have received. Is this the most recent update? Departure times and charging locations etc seem to be intact.
As far as I understand this is mostly to fix communications and advisories to us as to upcoming updates that will actually fix other issues, it supposed to be more informative when pre-conditions were not met to have a successful update.

Mine installed without a hitch, though I did need to pull up my personal driver profile manually, all settings & preferences remained intact.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just received the update this morning. It happened shortly after I made a short drive.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
After a couple of days it seems my Bluetooth is back to normal. Rebooting the truck and phone seemed to make no difference several days ago, but just waiting a few days and trying again, it seems I'm paired OK and working again.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
As far as I understand this is mostly to fix communications and advisories to us as to upcoming updates that will actually fix other issues, it supposed to be more informative when pre-conditions were not met to have a successful update.

Mine installed without a hitch, though I did need to pull up my personal driver profile manually, all settings & preferences remained intact.
"pull up my personal driver profile manually" how does one do this?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
"pull up my personal driver profile manually" how does one do this?

Read through owners manual there are prerequisites to set up if you have not done so yet, pages 542 to 544 in the 2022 owners manual title "Personal Profiles"

If you have a personal profile, but find it's not loaded, tap the right > to open up the selection menu for guest and stored personal profiles, select the desired profile. Often Guest profile loads while a truck is in departure or remote start mode of operation, frequently I need to select my own profile.
Ford F-150 Lightning Power Up-4.1.1 OTA software update released 1673641957336

Ford F-150 Lightning Power Up-4.1.1 OTA software update released 1673641640678

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
After just over a month of no updates from 3.5.2, mine updated tonight while I was at work and it was parked outside in 20F weather, no WiFi signal. Go figure; but opefully you’ll get some update love soon; too.

The onLy thing I can figure is that I parked w southern sky visibility more than I usually do.
Updates are OTA (cell phone or wifi) only, not satellite.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Read through owners manual there are prerequisites to set up if you have not done so yet, pages 542 to 544 in the 2022 owners manual title "Personal Profiles"

If you have a personal profile, but find it's not loaded, tap the right > to open up the selection menu for guest and stored personal profiles, select the desired profile. Often Guest profile loads while a truck is in departure or remote start mode of operation, frequently I need to select my own profile.
1673641957336.png

1673641640678.png
I have profiles setup, but reloading them is a step I was unaware of, and explains some of what I experienced.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
If you have a Lariat+, you can load your profile by pressing the memory recall button associated with your profile. I instinctively do that when remote starting both our Lightning and Mach-E because Ford can't figure out how to fix getting the Guest profile after a remote start.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If you have a Lariat+, you can load your profile by pressing the memory recall button associated with your profile. I instinctively do that when remote starting both our Lightning and Mach-E because Ford can't figure out how to fix getting the Guest profile after a remote start.
Does this work with the door 1/2/3 button?
I'll check Monday morning when I drive her again.
Sponsored