• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I have installed 3.5.3?

• Total voters
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I agree , whoever has this update , if they could post time of day when it was installed , If the vehicle has just been on a charger, if it was connected to wifi when the prompt happened or if the vehicle was being driven . I’m wondering if there are any circumstances that might help push it other than by region or vin.

I feel like there must be additional mitigating factors as I received all of the updates as quickly as any other member except 3.4 which I didn’t receive and3.5.2 I received much later than many members on September 7. .
I updated post #1.
Sponsored

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I added a poll - might be able to help keep up with distribution numbers this way. Just remember that if you vote No and then get it later to refresh your vote.

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
Can you post what dynamic resizing of apple carplay/android auto looks like?

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Can you post what dynamic resizing of apple carplay/android auto looks like?
It is minimal on a 15" screen which is what my pictures are of. I'm told it makes a bigger impact on the 12" screens. I will also note the Lightning may have had this feature from day one. Our friends that drive ICE trucks did not, this was a big welcome difference to them. Maybe someone with a 12" screen can chime in and share pics.

Note the icon used to change the size and then the minimal difference it truly makes on a 15" screen.

Enlarged version:
Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Software 3.5.3 Released 572022C2-BC8A-4CD3-A44E-6A13E54B4416

carplay shrunk and enlarged cards underneath:
Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Software 3.5.3 Released 77C2D909-B5E1-4D73-A843-80835D7C93AC

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Yeah... that was already there lol

Thanks for the pictures tho
Correct - mine was there since day 1 as well - just showing the 15" version. Hoping someone with a 12" will weigh in as well.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
@Ford Motor Company makes me laugh, this update might only apply to 12” screens but pushes it out to everyone. I wonder when the Ford Pass App will be updated, just this morning I received Notifications about 1:30 after everything had happened ie. cabin temp reached, 90% charged :ROFLMAO: . Their software really is that bad.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I'm an active member of the early access program, but to date only received emails seeking opinions or the most recent was a knowledge check of my understanding of how Updates / Power-Up's work. Looking forward to testing actual updates.

Reactions: GDN

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I'm an active member of the early access program, but to date only received emails seeking opinions or the most recent was a knowledge check of my understanding of how Updates / Power-Up's work. Looking forward to testing actual updates.
I’ve been advised there are currently no actual early access updates pushed , just the polls you have mentioned. I haven’t heard anything else. Would love if early access was allowed to test bluecruise 1.2 .

Also I received 3.5.3 today . I noticed no changes and I don’t see a place to control pro power on the ford pass app .

I received the update at 11:00am while my truck was not charging. I had auto updates turned on and scheduled updates for 7:30pm.
My truck was parked at my neighbors house so I can’t say if it was connected to my wifi .

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I’ve been advised there are currently no actual early access updates pushed , just the polls you have mentioned. I haven’t heard anything else. Would love if early access was allowed to test bluecruise 1.2 .

Also I received 3.5.3 today . I noticed no changes and I don’t see a place to control pro power on the ford pass app .

I received the update at 11:00am while my truck was not charging. I had auto updates turned on and scheduled updates for 7:30pm.
My truck was parked at my neighbors house so I can’t say if it was connected to my wifi .
@ChrisCon - sure go park in your neighbors drive. Check your screen for Wi-Fi connection. Report back.

just kidding. Though, thanks for comment.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
@ChrisCon - sure go park in your neighbors drive. Check your screen for Wi-Fi connection. Report back.

just kidding. Though, thanks for comment.
Lol. Yeah , I’m trying to find any correlation to the updates pushing and external factors and so far absolutely nothing . Lol.

I was explaining this quest to find ways to maximize your chances of getting OTA to my wife who promptly rolled her eyes so I felt the need to share it here .

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
The 3.5.3 update has been received and installed.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN