• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I'm still waiting for the update which puts the truck at 50% power until you need full power and if you never need full power, the range anxiety for those that get it goes away and the Lightning now gets 4mi/kwh, the range goes to 524 for the ER, 131x4, and the trade-in value goes back to selling price when new.
This logic doesn't make sense to me. we use <50% power all the time by not stomping on the pedal. Disconnect one motor, and the other just has to work harder to accelerate, maintain speed, fight air resistance, etc. Cutting mass, better aerodynamics, and more battery are the only ways to increase range. The competition seems to focus on adding more batteries. or in the case of the ramcharger a generator. Ford is focused on "Blue Oval" which may be a fools errand, but being the first to work out the deal with Tesla superchargers is the biggest step to better long-range driving options.
Sponsored

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT SR
I'm still waiting for the update which puts the truck at 50% power until you need full power and if you never need full power, the range anxiety for those that get it goes away and the Lightning now gets 4mi/kwh, the range goes to 524 for the ER, 131x4, and the trade-in value goes back to selling price when new. So no accelerated depreciation anxiety either. Try to keep them on the dealer showroom floors or the lots now. Any takers for testing? Shoot, just shut one of the electric motors down and there you have it. Probably not possible to be engineered, but the new EV RAM seems to be figuring out the main complaint(s).
Rivian's cut the rear motor in Conserve Mode, this You Tuber documented the difference:

Reports indicate this mode eats front tires.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Rivian's cut the rear motor in Conserve Mode, this You Tuber documented the difference:

Reports indicate this mode eats front tires.
Good info, without having a conserve mode to test ourselves, I guess we can assume it would give us a similar 6% improvement. Which equates to somewhere south of 20 extra miles of range on an unladen ER. Nothing crazy, but when driving across Texas or something, would be welcome.

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
I received the 6.4.0 update today, previously it said not completed. I'm not sure what improvements it made tho. Must be background stuff

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I received the 6.4.0 update today, previously it said not completed. I'm not sure what improvements it made tho. Must be background stuff
You got two OTA's today. The no-name GWM update and the other one is APIM OTA 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE. 6.4.0 was a TCU update. No one has reported getting this one yet.

Sponsored

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
My bad, I went back to check and see the re-released 6.2 just installed. Earlier I imagined it was 6.4 but I think you are correct, it said something about improvements in the background. Nice to see so much OTA activity tho, hopefully Bluecruise 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.4 is around the corner.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I had been on the bleeding edge of the 6.X series, but it almost seems they diverged. I got the 6.2 re-release, but I'm not sure everyone got that.

What I'm not sure of, those getting 6.4, did you get the 6.2 re-release or is it just on top of the 6.3 release? Seems they may have forked here and are trying a couple of different strategies.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I had been on the bleeding edge of the 6.X series, but it almost seems they diverged. I got the 6.2 re-release, but I'm not sure everyone got that.

What I'm not sure of, those getting 6.4, did you get the 6.2 re-release or is it just on top of the 6.3 release? Seems they may have forked here and are trying a couple of different strategies.
I got 6.1 on 10/23, received the 6.2 re-release mid November if I remember correctly and 6.4 on 11/30. I was relying on message center (in ford pass) for update date log, but 6.2 and 6.4 don’t show 🤷‍♂️. The previous 19 updates are there. I don’t remember 6.3, work took my away for a week so who knows if I just missed it.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
Just got Power up 6.4.0 update says to help with communications. Side effects of the update:

1. On board pro power through a warning out
2. Truck is currently charging and charged mileage on Ford App is way wrong.

Any other glitches I need to be aware of?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The Ford Pass charging mileage gain has always been way off in my observations.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Just got Power up 6.4.0 update says to help with communications. Side effects of the update:

1. On board pro power through a warning out

Any other glitches I need to be aware of?
Is this the one You got? I got 6.4 when it came out (didn’t install) this one does not say what it is.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity IMG_3408

Last edited:

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Property Mgmt
Is this the one You got? I got 6.4 when it came out (didn’t install) this one does not say what it is.

IMG_3408.jpeg
Yes that's the one that is glitching my truck.

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Property Mgmt
The Ford Pass charging mileage gain has always been way off in my observations.
Before it was over by 50 + miles now its the opposite down by to 4 miles.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity Screenshot_20231206-175200_FordPass
Sponsored