• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PowerUp update not downloading... am I going to have to do a battery disconnect?

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Somehow could not add text. Am I going to have to do a battery disconnect?
Ford F-150 Lightning PowerUp update not downloading...  am I going to have to do a battery disconnect? 1693150206387
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
FORD suggests avoiding disconnects and fuse pulling as it might corrupt a download in progress, give it a few days to a week or so a lot of variables interfere with downloads.

My advice, take your significant other to a nice restaurant that is located near an AT&T cell tower, by the time the appetizer arrives it might download, if this is [NOT] one of the no-drive critical updates, it may even install before dessert.

Last edited:

MO Lightning

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat - Smoked Quartz
I got held up on this update (and a Phone as a Key update to follow, after my truck was FINALLY released from dealer fleet).

After talking with the Ford teams (via chat and call from the Ford Pass app) I ended up taking it to the dealer and two days later it was right as rain. They pointed the finger at some "corrupt modules" (13 of them). I'm not saying I believe the root cause, but am happy it was fixed.

Dinner with the s.o.may take a bit longer than originally planned...

GeneP

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
I have owned my 23 Lightning for 6 weeks. Had the gateway module updated by Ford. Still have intermittent connection to truck. May not have access for a couple of days then may work normal for a couple. This is what I see in the software update page on screen.

Ford F-150 Lightning PowerUp update not downloading...  am I going to have to do a battery disconnect? ford pass

Is this up to date or am I not receiving my OTA updates? Not sure what I am to see there.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have owned my 23 Lightning for 6 weeks. Had the gateway module updated by Ford. Still have intermittent connection to truck. May not have access for a couple of days then may work normal for a couple. This is what I see in the software update page on screen.

ford pass.jpg

Is this up to date or am I not receiving my OTA updates? Not sure what I am to see there.
Hi there, Gene. These connection/OTA update concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a direct message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored