• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Audio Upgrade

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
So, I'm about to install my new component speakers in the front of my Pro (weather is nicer again). I'm stuck on a single issue. I was going to utilize the wiring in the truck to save time however I can figure out where the tweeter and front door speakers split. There is a single output going to the front door and tweeter and I assume Ford has a crossover somewhere between the head unit and the speakers.

If anyone has knowledge of that location it would greatly assist in me adding the crossovers that came with my component set.
I'll have to try and scrub through the various YouTube videos I watched but I recall hearing Five Star Car Audio on one of their F150 installs mention the tweeters are fed directly off the radio or at least the wires for them go that route?
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'll have to try and scrub through the various YouTube videos I watched but I recall hearing Five Star Car Audio on one of their F150 installs mention the tweeters are fed directly off the radio or at least the wires for them go that route?
Interesting, so far the research I've done on the Pro's 6 speaker system is that there are only 4 audio outputs from the head unit. I figured the Front Door and Front Tweeter must've had a crossover somewhere. If the signal is straight to the front door speaker (without a crossover) I can just tap that into my crossover and run a wire up to the front pillars for the tweeter.

Let me know if you find out something different, thank you.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
The wire is at the connector at the door jamb where the door harness connects. It is not a splice but is a second wire in the pin.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I will tell you it is a hard area to access.
I appreciate the heads up.

I will probably bypass that area, hook up my crossover before it, and run a new wire up to the tweeter. Knowing that the tweeter is receiving the full range signal though was what I needed to know. Now I can tap into that wire anywhere along it for my crossover without concern.

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro

Audiolover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
I have a Pro on order and I know I’m going to hate the factory system.

Do we expect the speaker system to be the same as the ice truck basic setup? I’m a DIY kinda guy and I’m hoping to peruse the ice forums for upgraded speaker setups to have ready to go when the truck shows up.

Anyone in here do this on a ice f150 and have some suggestions?

Thanks!
Hey RavenYZF-R6,

I have a 23 Platinum with the B&O Unleashed system, it’s completely underwhelming. Sounds nice but can’t compete with wind noise if the windows are down. I am in the process of upgrading and will be putting the finishing touches on it today (power wires and tuning) I opted to go a little over the top.
replaced all of the factory speakers with Audison Voce in the doors and pillar tweeters and Gladen mids In the dash with a Gladen Mosconi Pro 8/30 amp and DSP, Audison powered 10” sub (temporary till I get a custom sub box built) and a Nav-TV digital converter. There are several people doing upgrades but I found info was hard to find. Have a look at SoundsGoodStereo.com they have some nice pre-engineered packages and wire harnesses which will make your job a lot easier if you plan to do it yourself and they are happy to help with advice. Also, pay attention to color codes, Ford has changed everything so get the right wiring diagram and test it.
The DC-DC inverter to charge the 12v battery is rated at 160 amps (at least mine is) so power is no problem but it will run that little battery dead pretty quick if you aren’t running the Truck. I believe it has circuitry to switch on the inverter if it reaches a low level but I have yet to test that. Good luck!!
Sponsored