• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Power can’t run a 15 amp saw

OP
OP

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
At least you got a loaner. The dealers around me offer no loaner at all
Wow, really? I think my extended warranty even has loaner/rental coverage.
Sponsored

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Any update?

I've used a Makita 10" miter saw a few times on the bed outlets now without issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Picked it up today (Jan 7) with the disclaimer of "they replaced the inverter but have not had enough time to test it yet" (dropped off Dec 7). Still no ETA on the replacement mobile charger.

Get home, test it - same issue. Front outlets work fine, rear outlets not so much.

I'm not sure what to do now - I have a strong preference for an EV for my commute and I don't really want to let them have the truck for another month, but on the other hand it'd be nice if it all worked properly. I picked it up 72 days ago, and 31 of them have been at the dealer.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Get home, test it - same issue. Front outlets work fine, rear outlets not so much.
Are you able to test an equivalent miter saw on the rear outlets?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Picked it up today (Jan 7) with the disclaimer of "they replaced the inverter but have not had enough time to test it yet" (dropped off Dec 7). Still no ETA on the replacement mobile charger.

I'm not sure what to do now - I have a strong preference for an EV for my commute and I don't really want to let them have the truck for another month, but on the other hand it'd be nice if it all worked properly. I picked it up 72 days ago, and 31 of them have been at the dealer.

Assuming the need to run this saw is not a crucial requirement, I would drive the truck and enjoy it for some time, then well before the warranty has expired, have the service department revisit the issue, unless you want to risk having it stuck with them, ask if they can do a short turn around just for diagnostic test assuming it's something simple, like the second inverter is dudd like the original, they can order another one for quick install later.

OP
OP

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Assuming the need to run this saw is not a crucial requirement, I would drive the truck and enjoy it for some time, then well before the warranty has expired, have the service department revisit the issue, unless you want to risk having it stuck with them, ask if they can do a short turn around just for diagnostic test assuming it's something simple, like the second inverter is dudd like the original, they can order another one for quick install later.
Definitely not a crucial requirement, though I happened to just find a similar issue and there may be a hardware workaround: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-handle-a-circular-saw.3240/page-4#post-55022

An odd oversight given the heavy marketing of a 'work truck.'
Sponsored