• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Questions About the Ford Pass App

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Sorry if these have been posted.

1. When I am in close proximity to the vehicle with my phone (100-150 feet), the lights stay on. This happens at restaurants, when mowing my lawn, and at other places, and people tell me that I left my lights on or my truck is running, when it is not. Locking the vehicle or any other trick does not seem to address this, and the lights stay on. Is there a way to stop this?

2. Press To Start on the Ford App. Numerous times have used this feature (holding for a variety of times) and I go out to the truck, and it is not running. Any tips?

3. Any idea when Ford will add pre-condition on demand any time soon? Do they have a suggestion box anywhere. Would be such an infinitely useful people for people who don't live on a fixed schedule and don't want to have to spend 20 minutes (exaggeration) programming in a new start time and then having to delete it.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
1) If you setup PaaK, then when you are in Bluetooth range it will trigger the welcome lights. You can turn that off in settings, or turn off BT on your phone.

2) After your press, it should spin, then a message that it started, or failed to start. If you are in BT range with PaaK, it will start immediately. Check the settings in the truck for the length of run time.

3) No one knows. Been asked for for 3 years with the Mach-E. Record feedback app on truck homescreen.

OP
OP

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
1) If you setup PaaK, then when you are in Bluetooth range it will trigger the welcome lights. You can turn that off in settings, or turn off BT on your phone.

2) After your press, it should spin, then a message that it started, or failed to start. If you are in BT range with PaaK, it will start immediately. Check the settings in the truck for the length of run time.

3) No one knows. Been asked for for 3 years with the Mach-E. Record feedback app on truck homescreen.
Thanks. Admittedly, I'm a bit lazy, and frankly, while I'm normally very good with figuring out apps and settings, the FordPass app is Ass. Should be called FordAss App.

EDIT- I tried #1. Spent 20 minutes in settings with no avail, unless it meant turning off proximity lighting altogether. Not a viable option. And I'm not turning off Bluetooth.

Last edited:

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
For item 2, occasionally FordPass reports that the vehicle started but in fact it hasn't. I don't know why, as my software writing experience tells me that the message saying the start was successful comes from a response from the vehicle confirming it has. Either something in the communications isn't working properly, or the vehicle is lying.

I suppose it is also possible for the vehicle to start properly, report it, then shutoff for some reason before you get to it.

Not only do I find this occasionally happening with my wife's Lightning, but it occurs with my Focus Electric that I've had for over six years.

Another annoying "feature" with FordPass is that it will sometimes report that the vehicle has started (e.g.: "Shutting off in 13 minutes" or similar) when you NEVER remote started it at that time. It's not like you have just accidently pressed and held the buttoning enough. I mostly see this when starting FordPass and it has just got the info from the vehicle.

Like the times you see it started when you want it to but it hasn't started, every time I see a "false" started message, it hasn't started. This makes me lean towards believing there is some issue with the communications protocol.
Sponsored

Last edited: