• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Disable the radio app?

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yesterday, I started the truck and was sitting in the parking lot, setting my GPS to head out somewhere, and mid way of reviewing the destination, SYNC closes Navigation and opens the radio. Truck has been on for about three minutes at this point. The radio will typically does this within the first minute upon start up, but have been 5 to 8 mins driving down the road, and does it.

Is there a way to just disable or even delete the radio function? I am tired of the radio just starting up randomly when I turn on my truck. I use my phone to listen to music/podcast/audio books, and do not use the radio, but the truck will insist, by prevent the phone to play, it's connected just won't play and opening the radio app, and just blare AM540 in all it's static glory. (I don't have any presets as I don't use the radio) Before someone mentions, just set presets to some stations so you don't listen to the static, that in no means fixes the issue at hand.

EDIT: On a side note, is there a way to prevent everything just stopping when I get a call or text. I typically drive with the Navigation on the scree. If i am driving down the road with the navigation going, and get a phone call, I instantly loose my navigation screen and am stuck with a giant screen that just shows how long I have been talking to whoever, until I manually change it back to Nav. Another example, if I am listening to whatever on my phone and get a text message, SYNC will pause the audio and will not play anything till I manually change the screen to get to the play button.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Maybe someone well versed in Forscan can help.

We have the ability via Forscan to restore the deleted AM radio section on 2023 models. There might be a way to delete FM instead...

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
The radio dis-functionality gets me many times too. Only way I've been able to resolve is to push in the volume dail to mute it.

OP
OP

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The radio dis-functionality gets me many times too. Only way I've been able to resolve is to push in the volume dail to mute it.
That is not solving anything, that just stops the noise, the app still opens and runs even on mute, what I hate most of this is when you close the app and it still plays the radio, so you have no way to stop it without opening the radio app again just to close it after you play from the Bluetooth

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
OP, I agree it doesn't stop this stupid issue. I've even had the radio come on automatically after playing a video from the user manual.

It's just a way to stop the noise as soon as possible.

Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Yesterday, I started the truck and was sitting in the parking lot, setting my GPS to head out somewhere, and mid way of reviewing the destination, SYNC closes Navigation and opens the radio. Truck has been on for about three minutes at this point. The radio will typically does this within the first minute upon start up, but have been 5 to 8 mins driving down the road, and does it.

Is there a way to just disable or even delete the radio function? I am tired of the radio just starting up randomly when I turn on my truck. I use my phone to listen to music/podcast/audio books, and do not use the radio, but the truck will insist, by prevent the phone to play, it's connected just won't play and opening the radio app, and just blare AM540 in all it's static glory. (I don't have any presets as I don't use the radio) Before someone mentions, just set presets to some stations so you don't listen to the static, that in no means fixes the issue at hand.

EDIT: On a side note, is there a way to prevent everything just stopping when I get a call or text. I typically drive with the Navigation on the scree. If i am driving down the road with the navigation going, and get a phone call, I instantly loose my navigation screen and am stuck with a giant screen that just shows how long I have been talking to whoever, until I manually change it back to Nav. Another example, if I am listening to whatever on my phone and get a text message, SYNC will pause the audio and will not play anything till I manually change the screen to get to the play button.
As for your "Edit" (second) problem. Are you using Apple Play? I don't seem to have this problem with Apple Play.

OP
OP

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I do not use apple play nor android auto. I simply just link my phone via the Bluetooth.