• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rear camera stuck on

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I'm in a 23 Lariat ERI and was experimenting with the camera's the other day. I had some lumber in the truck and had to lower the tailgate and secure the 8ft long boards. I thought it would be cool (and it was) to have the rear camera show me the cargo in the bed. However once enabled It was not possible to get to my navigation, radio, etc. The X in the upper right corner was missing. When brought to a complete stop the X appeared in the upper right corner as it should. FORD MOTOR COMPANY take a look at this , please!
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
On the 12" screen, I press the physical camera button again to revert to the regular display. Would that work on the 15" if the camera icon is still showing?
@Ford Motor Company

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'm in a 23 Lariat ERI and was experimenting with the camera's the other day. I had some lumber in the truck and had to lower the tailgate and secure the 8ft long boards. I thought it would be cool (and it was) to have the rear camera show me the cargo in the bed. However once enabled It was not possible to get to my navigation, radio, etc. The X in the upper right corner was missing. When brought to a complete stop the X appeared in the upper right corner as it should. FORD MOTOR COMPANY take a look at this , please!
Hold the right Seek and volume DOWN buttons to reboot Sync.

Reactions: GDN

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Just hit the physical park assist button under the screen. That allows you to get around the bug.

Sponsored
OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
On the 12" screen, I press the physical camera button again to revert to the regular display. Would that work on the 15" if the camera icon is still showing?
@Ford Motor Company
there is no camera button. the camera view covers the entire screen.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
IIRC if you choose one of the buttons to change the camera view, it causes the X button to show up again too. It also caught me off guard a few times when driving.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
IIRC if you choose one of the buttons to change the camera view, it causes the X button to show up again too. It also caught me off guard a few times when driving.
The buttons for different views are not on the screen when using the rear camera on the move.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
No. The BiG Hugh message NOT A FULL VIEW or IMAGE or the such is displayed right in the middle of the view. Really, Really dumb @Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
Hold the right Seek and volume DOWN buttons to reboot Sync.
While that will reboot the APIM, it won’t fix this software bug. I’m hoping the team will fix it in one of the upcoming releases.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
will give it a try next time out
Only do that as a last resort.

I've found now that you can select another camera and the x appears. The previous fix when the x never appeared was to push the |P| button if equipped then close that screen.
Sponsored