• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Recall items

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I think it is worth noting that in the recall notice where it says:
"Parts are now available to repair your vehicle"
That doesn't actually mean you dealer has the parts.
More specifically that doesn't mean *my* dealer has the parts.
Fortunately, they'll now call me when all the parts are in [this should be good].
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think it is worth noting that in the recall notice where it says:
"Parts are now available to repair your vehicle"
That doesn't actually mean you dealer has the parts.
More specifically that doesn't mean *my* dealer has the parts.
Fortunately, they'll now call me when all the parts are in [this should be good].
It's nice if they would pre-order so that everything is available on appointment day, but some issues require inspection before ordering to conserve resources and prevent stagnant inventory, my dealer had to order the dash mat and light bar. They didn't say if my wiper motor was replaced or just inspected and found to be OK. So, I got the truck back while R/O remains open pending arrival of the order parts.

Lucky for me my dealer is only 6 miles from my house so not a huge burden as a retiree, I have a lot of free time, not always the case with working stiffs 100's of miles from the dealer of choice or availability.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
For the recall items, Ford requires them to be ordered by VIN (i.e. tailgate light) to ensure no dealer hoards them.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
It's nice if they would pre-order so that everything is available on appointment day, but some issues require inspection before ordering to conserve resources and prevent stagnant inventory, my dealer had to order the dash mat and light bar. They didn't say if my wiper motor was replaced or just inspected and found to be OK. So, I got the truck back while R/O remains open pending arrival of the order parts.

Lucky for me my dealer is only 6 miles from my house so not a huge burden as a retiree, I have a lot of free time, not always the case with working stiffs 100's of miles from the dealer of choice or availability.
No lightbar in stock and missing a piece for the steering heat.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No lightbar in stock and missing a piece for the steering heat.
My lightbar was ordered by my dealer, with my VIN (as I mentioned above is REQUIRED BY FORD). It was sitting at his desk waiting for me. The owner asked them to do his truck, so they stole my part, and didn't reorder. My truck sat an extra day in Service while they waited for HIS part to arrive to be put into MY truck.

Sponsored

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
Mine is even worse. Battery replacement module not in stock, no heated steering wheel parts. Truck had now been in the shop for 2 weeks after the Powertrain malfunction error. Numerous chats with Ford and calls with dealer (who says Ford won’t give them an ETA) with no result. Given it’s Thanksgiving next week, I’m expecting I’ll be around 3 1/2 weeks in the shop, so close to (from what I understand) giving me a lemon law option. Love the truck, but this lack of info is annoying to say the least.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is even worse. Battery replacement module not in stock, no heated steering wheel parts. Truck had now been in the shop for 2 weeks after the Powertrain malfunction error. Numerous chats with Ford and calls with dealer (who says Ford won’t give them an ETA) with no result. Given it’s Thanksgiving next week, I’m expecting I’ll be around 3 1/2 weeks in the shop, so close to (from what I understand) giving me a lemon law option. Love the truck, but this lack of info is annoying to say the least.
Make sure the dealer has ordered the part in COPIS. Make sure the BEV team has opened a case.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
So I can have ford preorder my tail light bar? I don't want to leave my truck overnight. I didn't have any issues until I started leaving the truck outside. Now I see condensation in there.

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
My lightbar was ordered by my dealer, with my VIN (as I mentioned above is REQUIRED BY FORD). It was sitting at his desk waiting for me. The owner asked them to do his truck, so they stole my part, and didn't reorder. My truck sat an extra day in Service while they waited for HIS part to arrive to be put into MY truck.
Direct sales cannot come soon enough
Sponsored