• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

saw my first cybertruck

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I’m glad I’ve never checked forums to decide on reasons to purchase a vehicle. I heard similar qualms, complaints, or even ignorance when I started driving my Lightning. Love my Lightning and also my Cybertruck. Steer by wire is game changer for me. Rear wheel steer is a benefit of that technology. I hope more manufacturers implement it. My Lightning cost more than my Cybertruck because of the dealer ADM.
Obviously our values are different. Just curious why you have two trucks in your driveway? And which part of my comment was ignorant?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Obviously our values are different. Just curious why you have two trucks in your driveway? And which part of my comment was ignorant?
Because my garage is being used to paint cabinets for the next week or so. I don’t mind parking them outside of the garage while that happens. A benefit of buying a Cybertruck, which you failed to list because it either slipped your mind or were unaware of (ignorance), is that I also get their home PowerShare equipment included in my purchase. I eventually received my FCSP a few months after delivery of my Lightning, and they obviously don’t include the home integration kit for using the truck as a battery backup. I look forward to having the Tesla home PowerShare installed soon and integrated with my non-Tesla solar panels or batteries that will work with the Tesla PowerShare equipment to work as a powerwall when connected to it. My wife is now happily driving the Lightning and that’s a good deal for me.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Because my garage is being used to paint cabinets for the next week or so. I don’t mind parking them outside of the garage while that happens. A benefit of buying a Cybertruck, which you failed to list because it either slipped your mind or were unaware of (ignorance), is that I also get their home PowerShare equipment included in my purchase. I eventually received my FCSP a few months after delivery of my Lightning, and they obviously don’t include the home integration kit for using the truck as a battery backup. I look forward to having the Tesla home PowerShare installed soon and integrated with my non-Tesla solar panels or batteries that will work with the Tesla PowerShare equipment to work as a powerwall when connected to it. My wife is now happily driving the Lightning and that’s a good deal for me.
Regarding the Powershare, what’s the deal if you already have solar from another provider (e.g. Enphase or SolarEdge)? In other words what are the specifics on wiring?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I thought it was PowerShare credit for installation that still runs from $6-$10k?

I mean your paying an extra $50k from the original price, so a $4k bonus to use their installers is nothing to Tesla.

But still much better than garbage SunRun

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Didn’t slip my mind. I simply didn’t list it because it has zero value to me. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. The most important thing is that you are happy with your choice. The reason all of us get to comment on the forum is for members to get a feel for where others stand. Granted your opinion of CT has more credibility than mine because you own one but I am not going to spend $100K just to form an opinion. I still stand by every one of my points because steer by wire, air suspension, power share, 48V architecture, steel body,…. do not add $50K+ worth of value (my values) over what I am driving. In fact I get more out of a $1500 electric scooter than the difference between the two trucks. The sales of CT shows there are more people out there like you and cancellations show there are more people like me. I just represented me.

Enjoy your CT.

Sponsored

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
I thought it was PowerShare credit for installation that still runs from $6-$10k?

I mean your paying an extra $50k from the original price, so a $4k bonus to use their installers is nothing to Tesla.

But still much better than garbage SunRun
It’s hard to say what an estimated price is when it was just an estimate and not the msrp of $79k. The Ford dealer accepted my order at a set price but then decided to add $10k to the price to sell it to me. That’s why my Lightning ended up costing more than my Cybertruck. From the estimates I’ve seen for installation it’ll vary greatly especially depending on geographic location and their installers. I have already priced the PowerShare from another Tesla installer and it’ll be around $4500.
So to me it’s better than the estimates of the home integration kit hardware and installation cost. From Ford and SunRun.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It’s hard to say what an estimated price is when it was just an estimate and not the msrp of $79k. The Ford dealer accepted my order at a set price but then decided to add $10k to the price to sell it to me. That’s why my Lightning ended up costing more than my Cybertruck. From the estimates I’ve seen for installation it’ll vary greatly especially depending on geographic location and their installers. I have already priced the PowerShare from another Tesla installer and it’ll be around $4500.
So to me it’s better than the estimates of the home integration kit hardware and installation cost. From Ford and SunRun.
I just read also that if you have a Powerwall already in place then all you need is the universal wall charger, tempting….

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
Didn’t slip my mind. I simply didn’t list it because it has zero value to me. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. The most important thing is that you are happy with your choice. The reason all of us get to comment on the forum is for members to get a feel for where others stand. Granted your opinion of CT has more credibility than mine because you own one but I am not going to spend $100K just to form an opinion. I still stand by every one of my points because steer by wire, air suspension, power share, 48V architecture, steel body,…. do not add $50K+ worth of value (my values) over what I am driving. In fact I get more out of a $1500 electric scooter than the difference between the two trucks. The sales of CT shows there are more people out there like you and cancellations show there are more people like me. I just represented me.

Enjoy your CT.
No hurt feelings here! Just find it interesting when people say why the only reason I’d buy something when it’s not. Love my Lightning and my Cybertruck. Have convinced others to change their tune on why in the world Ford would make the F150 electric. Not all agree but I’m only able to share why something works so well for me and not to prove anything.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
I just read also that if you have a Powerwall already in place then all you need is the universal wall charger, tempting….
Nope, no powerwall. The Cybertruck will act as a powerwall when connected to the universal charger and PowerShare.
I have an Enphase setup.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

CarJunky

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Challenger 392, Lightning Lariat

Enjoy your CT.
You're damn right. Only - you note the positives, not the draw backs. CT is slower, smaller, has no spare tire, no paint / protection, no sunroof, no useful frunk, and yes - you'll get attention, half of which will be trying to make the glass crack or metal dent. The only way you'd like this vehicle is if it was a sunk cost - and Musk said you cannot sell it for a year :).

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Positive from the few who were able to squeeze in for a charging session, several joined the conversation with Ford reps, they understood the media event was a one off situation and their station would be back to normal once we all rolled out of town.

My Second Tesla charging stop in New London CT had a positive experience with a Tesla owner, had a brief conversation, he was positive about effective use of the available resources, maybe down the road the overall costs of charging will stabilize with more profits rolling into Tesla's pocket.

Third session in Seekonk, Ma, five Tesla owners were charging none were interested in chatting, I'd give them credit though as it was blustery and cold as the sun was starting to set.
I met up with Mark Eakin in Cary NC on Saturday morning at a Supercharger. The one guy charging next to him walked back and kept staring at us but when we tried to engage with him he just got in his car and drove away.

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
I say its definitely an ugly duck but strangely it is what attracts me to it, go figure.
I also have a reservation in on it but hoping Fords T3 steers me in that direction before my 2.2 millionth position reservation contacts me. Please don't make me wait that long ford i got 65,000 km on my white lightning

Last edited:

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Bed is larger than the Lightning. The frunk is easily superior in the Lightning. The number of outlets in the bed and frunk. The air suspension and the steer by wire are amazing!
Air suspension and steer by wire are really cool. But bed volume with CT is small. It is just a little longer.
Sponsored