• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Saw the Hummer EV in-person. It was smaller than I thought it would be

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
The GMC dealer at the MN State Fair had a Hummer EV on display. The truck was a lot smaller than I thought it would be.
It did not help that the Hummer EV was parked next to some Denali 2500 HD's with lift kits and huge tire and wheel packages to attract a lot of attention at the fair.
But still, my F150 Lightning definitely feels like a larger interior, bigger bed, larger frunk, and just feels more like a full size truck overall. not sure what the specs say. Also my F150 Lightning feels a lot more like a finished, mature vehicle from a top tier manufacturer.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Looks like he's a "mine's bigger" guy.

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
i mean, if he had money, he'd live in the part of town where the utility poles aren't falling over :giggle::giggle::giggle: They don't bury that stuff there?

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
I drove the Hummer EV a couple of weekends ago, and have been driving a Lariat ER for the last week.

The Hummer is wider and shorter than the Lightning. It has a smaller bed than the Lightning, and there is less rear legroom. I am 6’6” and there was 10.5” of rear legroom in the Hummer behind my seating position, and 14.25” behind my seat in the Lightning.

The adjustable air suspension in the Hummer and the four wheel steering are definite advantages for the Hummer EV that are very useful. It has a great ride, and is much easier to drive than the width suggests because of the four wheel steering. However, it is more difficult to park, despite all the cameras, because of the sheer width of the vehicle.

The Lightning is more spacious, has a bigger bed, and a larger, more useable frunk. I also think the Lightning rides great, and is a fantastic highway cruiser.

I don’t believe there is a perfect EV truck on the market right now. They all come with drawbacks, but there is also a lot to like with these new trucks. I think that if you are fortunate enough to own a Lightning, a Hummer EV, or a Rivian R1T, you should be very happy. It’s all about choosing the truck that works best for you.

Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I drove the Hummer EV a couple of weekends ago, and have been driving a Lariat ER for the last week.

The Hummer is wider and shorter than the Lightning. It has a smaller bed than the Lightning, and there is less rear legroom. I am 6’6” and there was 10.5” of rear legroom in the Hummer behind my seating position, and 14.25” behind my seat in the Lightning.

The adjustable air suspension in the Hummer and the four wheel steering are definite advantages for the Hummer EV that are very useful. It has a great ride, and is much easier to drive than the width suggests because of the four wheel steering. However, it is more difficult to park, despite all the cameras, because of the sheer width of the vehicle.

The Lightning is more spacious, has a bigger bed, and a larger, more useable frunk. I also think the Lightning rides great, and is a fantastic highway cruiser.

I don’t believe there is a perfect EV truck on the market right now. They all come with drawbacks, but there is also a lot to like with these new trucks. I think that if you are fortunate enough to own a Lightning, a Hummer EV, or a Rivian R1T, you should be very happy. It’s all about choosing the truck that works best for you.
You hit the nail on the head with that last paragraph! I feel very fortunate to have my Lightning and do the things I like doing with it. I’m about to go look for downed trees in the forest in the next couple of weeks, for my wood burning stove and prepare for winter and bring back what I need. I have to admit, if I didn’t have a gas powered high clearance 4x4, then the Rivian would have won me over when buying my EV truck.

OP
OP

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Does the Hummer EV air suspension squat down when parked? Maybe that would explain why it seemed really low for the size fo the wheels/tires it had.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Does the Hummer EV air suspension squat down when parked? Maybe that would explain why it seemed really low for the size fo the wheels/tires it had.
I'm pretty sure you can adjust the ride height in the vehicle settings.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Yes, you can adjust the ride height. I believe there are five height settings. Maybe six.

I’m not sure if it has a “kneel” mode that automatically lowers when powering off the vehicle, but it is very easy to quickly adjust the ride height manually.

OP
OP

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Yes, you can adjust the ride height. I believe there are five height settings. Maybe six.

I’m not sure if it has a “kneel” mode that automatically lowers when powering off the vehicle, but it is very easy to quickly adjust the ride height manually.
That explains it. I have since searched out and see a lot of photos where it rides a lot higher. They must have had it lowered all the way.
Was a poor way to show the vehicle.
Sponsored