• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Seeking F-150 Lightning

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Prove that the original intention was for resale, good luck world.
Little or no additional miles driven since delivery while waiting for the state to issue title would be a strong indicator.
Sponsored

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Little or no additional miles driven since delivery while waiting for the state to issue title would be a strong indicator.

Unprovable. Unless it was bought by the IRS in anticipation of you claiming the tax credit in 6 months.

I don't plan on selling my truck unless I have to. But, thinking the IRS will be able to keep track of a single private seller, or would even care, is ludicrous.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Unprovable. Unless it was bought by the IRS in anticipation of you claiming the tax credit in 6 months.

I don't plan on selling my truck unless I have to. But, thinking the IRS will be able to keep track of a single private seller, or would even care, is ludicrous.
The IRS has DIRECT access to most state DMV's for collections purposes, but for audit purposes they need to SUMMONS before securing information from third party record keepers to raise an additional tax assessment or disqualify a tax credit. They can do a Title and registration history search of original acquisition and hand off sale to determine factors of intent.

It would not be a massive tracking program to sweep up everyone, simply a random audit or a TCMP audit, where they nickel and dime every financial facet of your life for one year, you probably will win the lottery before being hit by either kind of audit, but It's still a possibility.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
Mach-E demos could be sold after 4 months and 4,000 miles, iirc. If it’s the same with Lightning, that may be a quicker way to get a truck than many with orders.
If you can find a dealer with any. They call them courtesy vehicles now a days, most of the time its managers that drive them or they can be loaners and sold at 4000 miles. My local dealer which is very big doesnt even have loaners for service anymore, no demos, no nothing. My rep said its to much overhead when they have nothing to sell. This dealer in the good old days would have 800-900 new Fords on the lot, 200-300 being F150s, last week they only had three 2022 F150s, place looks like its closed.

SDGlenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Teacher
Hi all-

I've unfortunately missed out on the Lightning wait list, but am still seeking a way to acquire one on behalf of an organization. I understand per Ford's website there is no way to transfer a reservation number. Is the only way to get a truck within the next year or so to purchase on the secondary market? And if so, any guesses as to when that might be possible, especially given the notice Ford sent out to curb scalping?

Any thoughts much appreciated.
I got a reservation and I plan I buying it, and then selling mine to the highest bidder. I also purchased the hybrid because I plan on towing my trailer hundreds of miles and I do not want to have to wait an hour or so to charge up along the way ever 100+ miles or so.

Sponsored

moya7

First Name
Momo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i, 2022 Bronco BaseSquatch on order
Hi all-

I've unfortunately missed out on the Lightning wait list, but am still seeking a way to acquire one on behalf of an organization. I understand per Ford's website there is no way to transfer a reservation number. Is the only way to get a truck within the next year or so to purchase on the secondary market? And if so, any guesses as to when that might be possible, especially given the notice Ford sent out to curb scalping?

I postponed my reservation as I was in Wave 3, I want a Pro and of course they are “sold out”. Not sure how it works, unless as others have said you’ll have to rely on resale or an abandoned order with a huge markup.
Ford have cocked this one up as well, as the next model up from Pro is 16k more, without getting 16k of value in my opinion. Good luck!

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Hi all-

What's your budget?

Biobob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I agree with the comments here in regards to getting on the abandonment lists at your local dealers. Outside of this forum site, I know at least one person who is likely not going to take delivery when it arrives. There were a lot of members here who were able to pick up trucks early on in production of the 2021 due to order abandonment.
I have a 2022 Lightning ER and I waited almost a year for it.
When it came in and was ready to deliver I told the dealer that I would be in about a week and haft to pick it up.
While waiting to be able to go get my truck I started to look at trucks on line and low and behold there was my truck listed by the dealer for over 90000 dollars and I jumped on to the phone and called my salesman.
He told me that the dealership listed it in case I didn’t come and get it.
They even had my vin number in the add.
The salesman told me that if the truck isn’t picked up that can sell it for whatever they want because it is their truck.
Of course I picked up my truck and I paid the price we had agreed on. 71900 and I love this truck. I just checked my mileage ( I use my GPS and not the trucks because it isn’t accurate) I got 308 miles and had 20% of my battery left. It is broken in and I drive it almost every day.
Check yours and see what you get!
Biobob
Sponsored