• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sell Lightning and go back to gas pickup?

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Any lightning owners in here thinking about selling their truck and going back to a gas pickup? Seems pretty rare for EV car drivers to switch back to a gas car. Curious if most ev pickup truck drivers feel the same?
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm sure there will be people that go back, mainly for towing range.

I'd guess there are going to also people who go back not because they want to go back to gas, but because they can make a cool $20k+ off selling their lightning and can't get ahold of another one anytime soon.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Gas is in my rear view for good. This is my second Ford EV and Iā€™m never going back.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I don't even have a Lightning yet and I can tell you that I will NEVER go back to gas. 4+ years now as a gas-free household and I'll be damned if I get back into that boat again. If I have to pull a horse trailer or something... sure. But the good news is I don't need horses and make other similar decisions based on the fundamental decision to never pay a cent for gas at the pump again. One of the best decisions I ever made and only wish I hadn't been so late to the party.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Yeah, when the mother in getting oil changes and maintenance, she asked the wife where she gets the MachEs changed. Little bit of explaining to do! We do have a 98 Ram we have for the apocalypse. But the MachE ownership going on 19 months, we are converts. Not radical, ICE hating converts. To each their own.

Sponsored

dannynoone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Big 3 Automaker Manager
First time EV owner of a Pro. It fits my lifestyle perfectly so Iā€™m going to keep mine for awhile. Now am I looking at a used Hellcat as a second vehicle to fill my petro void? Obviously, yes! Lol

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Iā€™m truly not opposed going to back to ICE F-150 if it doesnā€™t suit me or I am offered something I canā€™t really refuse

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Interesting question. To the other responses so far, Iā€™d add:

Since I got my truck 2 months ago, my wifeā€™s ICE Expedition has been in the shop (transmission back order). That means I hadnā€™t driven an ICE since I received my Lightning.

Wifeā€™s expedition finally came home this week, and it was - I can only describe it as - uneasy feeling to switch back to ā€˜feelingā€™ an ICE.

MrGreyS1K

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT SR
LOVE this truck and many EVs. If anyone comes out with a PHEV this thing will be sold ASAP! I came from a Wrangler 4XE AND LOVED IT! My daily drive is 20miles r/t so this 200+ range isnt really needed for me. I am missing out on long two or three day off grid camping trips. Its all a trade off and FOR ME the best option would be a PHEV truck.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I drove my new Pro to work three days this week, Iā€˜ll be using it as my work truck about 25K miles per year. I was daily driving a 2021 Chevy 1500 diesel as my work truck for the past 18 months. The diesel is very good on fuel, averaging 27 mpg lifetime average including towing regularly and going up to 700 miles on a tank. I have put over a dozen of the 1500 dieselā€™s in the company fleet of 140+ trucks, they are working very well for us and saving lots of fuel. I really like the Lightning and agree about the linear torque being intoxicating. The ~200 mile range on my Pro is enough, but it does feel like Iā€™m leaving the house with 1/3 of a tank daily. Today I left home with 91% and got home with 21% after the 144 mile round trip to the farther office. I am a bit concerned about range dropping in the winter, but Iā€™ll have 40 amp chargers at both offices before winter. I donā€™t believe the Lightning will be able to replace a significant portion of the company fleet, maybe in another 5 years when the range and public charging infrastructure have improved.

I also have a 2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands with a manual transmission and my wife has a 2021 Tacoma. I love driving the Bronco, I donā€™t anticipate it going away.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Iā€™ve had my Mach-E for a year and a half. My Lightning probably wonā€™t get here until mid next year. Now that Iā€™ve experienced driving an EV, I cringe every time I drive my ICE F150. The accelerator lag, the torque converter slip, the shiftingā€¦.I canā€™t stand it. And donā€™t even ask about the $120 fill ups.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I'd have to be really impressed with one. I have about 5,200 miles on mine over the past 3-ish months. Very much like it.

Drove my girlfriend's RAV-4 this weekend and it was.......weird. I'm having the Lightning wrapped next week and am getting a loaner. I'll have to go to gas stations and stuff for a few days. NOT looking forward to it.

This winter will be a test of my dedication. Snow tires on in November and we'll see how it does in snow, and what hit the range will take. I'm already seeing a little hit driving with the heater and/or seats/heated steering wheel usage on the few cold mornings we've had.

I saw a gorgeous ice white Tacoma a the dealer last week. Sometimes I think about it.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
As my delivery is coming close, Iā€™m starting to get tons of push back from my family and significant other saying Iā€™m making the wrong decision, and I will regret not having gas because of the range.

Being told that this isnā€™t a family vehicle and ā€œgood luck getting to ā€œxā€ā€. Itā€™s really weird, but itā€™s pushing me to look at ICE F-150s again.

While looking, similar lariat builds are within a few thousand to more expensive than the lightning after the credits.

Im so conflicted right now. To be fair, it has really taken out the joy I had in getting the lightning. Now Iā€™m just bummed.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Get it and prove them wrong. People are so used to getting 300+ miles to the tank that they never consider how few miles they actually drive in a single day. Plugging in every night is a lot more appealing to me than going the gas station every week.

Edit: And don't forget about the performance! That is most important feature to me. Take a naysayer for a ride and see if they can hold their excitement in.
Sponsored