• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Silverado EV rated at 450 miles by the EPA estimate

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I hear ya.

GM has only DELIVERED 1000 Lyriqs in the last 12 months.
GMC delivered 2, count em, 2 Hummers in the first quarter of 2023.

I don't watch much TV, but I have seen ads for both....so the cost of advertising them has to be more than what they sold the vehicles for. Doesn't make much sense.

I will wait to see if they can deliver any amount of Silverado EVs. I am a bit skeptical.
Ford on the other hand should deliver a solid # of Lightnings in 2023....although I think price is going to be an issue for Ford. Also I would recommend they not build a high % of standard range Lightnings. There seems to be more demand for the Extended Range.

The Silverado would be a Lightning killer near me, if they pumped them out in any sort volume at the hinted at prices. I just don't see it happening, based on what Chevy has been able to produce to date. I'd love to see Silverado even at Bolt level production, because I'm all about more EV choices, I just don't have any faith. Ford raised prices, it stinks, but at least the Lightning exists for purchase.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Makes you wonder how they expect to make a profit on a $40k truck.
They won’t. The 40K WT is equivalent to the 39K Lightning Pro. Early on, available in limited quantities to some fleet buyers and a handful of individuals. Then a hefty price hike with availability still limited.

Just my opinion…..

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
They won’t. The 40K WT is equivalent to the 39K Lightning Pro. Early on, available in limited quantities to some fleet buyers and a handful of individuals. Then a hefty price hike will availability still limited.

Just my opinion…..
I agree.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Something was very off with your route planning on the Lightning, unless you had to add a lot of miles because of charger availability. I do a ~500 mi each way trip with my Lighting every few months and it only added ~30 minutes compared to an ICE vehicle (assuming regular facility and meal stops).

Also - 350kW chargers won't speed you up that much. You would save ~15 minutes per stop. Depending on spacing you would have 3 or 4 charging stops on a 650mi drive, so max savings of 1 hour.
You would be right if I had access to a good charge network but the Midwest sucks. Most chargers on that route maxed at 50 kw, the supercharger network is really why his tesla was the better choice. As more chargers come online that would max out the lightnings charge rate the difference between the his MY and the truck shortens substantially. However my truck is still a brick, a very pretty brick though lol. Thanks for the info on the 350, i had thought it would still assist through 60-70% didn't realize it wouldn't be able to maintain that rate.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
The Silverado would be a Lightning killer near me, if they pumped them out in any sort volume at the hinted at prices. I just don't see it happening, based on what Chevy has been able to produce to date. I'd love to see Silverado even at Bolt level production, because I'm all about more EV choices, I just don't have any faith. Ford raised prices, it stinks, but at least the Lightning exists for purchase.
The Silverado would be a Lighting killer ONLY if they actually meet the range promised.
AND if they built more than 2.
AND if it doesn't cost $120,000.

GM might build a handful of 450 mile range Silverados, at the same price they are charging for the Hummer. Who wants to spend $120K?
Sponsored