• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So Cal dealer, DCH FORD, Thousand Oaks, Ca now wants ADM.

06z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 2 Raptor
Truck was delivered to the dealer last week. Originally spoke with the General Manager after the reservation was made, before my wave to order and was told no ADM on reservations. He no longer works there. Dealer now wants to add ADM. Has anyone dealt with this?
Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Sounds like a verbal contract. Name and shame them until you get what you want.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Truck was delivered to the dealer last week. Originally spoke with the General Manager after the reservation was made, before my wave to order and was told no ADM on reservations. He no longer works there. Dealer now wants to add ADM. Has anyone dealt with this?
your order info should show that no ADM was added at order?

Anyone know if smart Vincent covers this?

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
What is smart Vincent?
a ford software/program that basically uses the vehicles VIN to display all pricing terms and incentives available to the truck at purchase. As I understand it, dealers are basically obligated to honor those terms - but I’m not certain of your situation, so asked the forum the question

there’s another recent thread of someone in your position but afew steps further along, you might try and find and follow/chime in

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
When you placed your Lighting order and the dealership accepted it, the pricing terms were there. They're not supposed to alter that and you should contact Ford.

OP
OP

06z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 2 Raptor
When you placed your Lighting order and the dealership accepted it, the pricing terms were there. They're not supposed to alter that and you should contact Ford.
I think this is what I have to do. Thanks

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I think this is what I have to do. Thanks
Please name the dealer.

I would contact Ford corporate and let them know, they have a way of having the dealer back down after opening a case.

If they are close by, I'd like to stop by and give them a piece of my mind.

I have no qualms against shaming them in person or on social media.

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
I was afraid that would happen in my case. Happily it didnt. Sorry to hear that. steve

Sponsored
OP
OP

06z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 2 Raptor
Please name the dealer.

I would contact Ford corporate and let them know, they have a way of having the dealer back down after opening a case.

If they are close by, I'd like to stop by and give them a piece of my mind.

I have no qualms against shaming them in person or on social media.
Working with them and will shame if necessary. Will contact Ford as well.

Tonys_F150

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Ford won't do anything when you call them, they said those exact words. As for what is shown on the ford website for pricing, even that isn't going to do anything because mine showed a markup but my truck was sold to me at MSRP. It's a dirty game but Ford was useless to me when I reached out about the markup on the website.

Also, if you wait too long, the dealer will consider the truck surrendered by you and keep it...

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Ford won't do anything when you call them, they said those exact words. As for what is shown on the ford website for pricing, even that isn't going to do anything because mine showed a markup but my truck was sold to me at MSRP. It's a dirty game but Ford was useless to me when I reached out about the markup on the website.
Unclear what your situation is/was (you paid MSRP even though the order did show a markup?), or how it’s relevant to OP’s different situation (order included no markup, but dealer is saying they’re going to add it now)?

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Working with them and will shame if necessary. Will contact Ford as well.
It's already necessary.

You aren't the only person picking up a truck from that dealership so now, even if they do finally relent and sell it to you at MSRP, there are others who don't know if we're going to be affected when we try to buy ours, too. Letting us know now would give us some time to organize with Ford rather than finding out the day it comes in and only have some hours or a day to contact the relevant parties that might be able to help us.

And if they don't relent on this then you have people pushing against them who don't currently know we need to be pushing against them. Right now those of us planning on picking up our trucks from your same dealer aren't anticipating a problem so we aren't contacting them about any problems. The sooner we learn there's going to be a problem the sooner we can apply leverage as customers, not just random angry internet people, which helps you get your truck.

Tonys_F150

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Unclear what your situation is/was (you paid MSRP even though the order did show a markup?), or how it’s relevant to OP’s different situation (order included no markup, but dealer is saying they’re going to add it now)?
Yeah, the system showed a markup but that wasn't anything binding, the dealer is allowed to change that at any time. I had an agreement to pay MSRP and luckily they honored that. It's relevant to OP because it shows that the dealer can do whatever they want and you have little power to change that and minimal/no help from Ford. I didn't think my wording was that confusing...
Sponsored