• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So Cal dealer, DCH FORD, Thousand Oaks, Ca now wants ADM.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Does your online order show ADM in the "Difference from MSRP" line item?

If not, you may consider waiting until the truck arrives and completing the purchase directly through the Ford website; it uses whatever is recorded on the website as the final price; if the dealer is planning on adding MSRP when you show in person, it won't show during the checkout direct through Ford.

So, if the dealer isn't adding ADM until you show up, just outsmart them and check out direct through your Ford account! You might have to use Ford financing to make it work, but if the ADM is large enough, it'll be worth it.
You could always use Ford financing (thru the online checkout) and then pay it off/refinance in a couple months.
Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Ordered in February with dealer approval with NO ADM. Now months later, they want ADM.
That would definitely piss me off and I'd make a stunk about it. As some have suggested, if the order page (ford.com) doesn't show the adm you can check out through the site and refinance later. The dealer would have have a tough time adding ADM to a car that's already paid for.

Reactions: 06z

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
No it does not.
Maybe someone else will correct me, since I didn't go through the entire online checkout process (my trade situation was weird) BUT I got most of the way through, and it was using whatever was listed on the Ford.com order as the price. My understanding is you could checkout on Ford's website and basically all you had to do at the dealer was get your keys.

That might be your way to get your original promised price.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
You could always use Ford financing (thru the online checkout) and then pay it off/refinance in a couple months.
why wouldn’t someone just stick with Ford’s 19.5% interest rate ;)

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
@06z Your situation is not real unless you name the dealer, I mean, that is what is coming across. I am in SoCal and my lawyer (me) needs to know!

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
@06z Your situation is not real unless you name the dealer, I mean, that is what is coming across. I am in SoCal and my lawyer (me) needs to know!
He did not name it because he does not want the deadlock situation with dealer.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
He did not name it because he does not want the deadlock situation with dealer.
He wont deadlock it, he’ll be helping out other members who might have a reservation with that dealer. On top of that, doesn’t he only have 7 days to pick it up?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
He wont deadlock it, he’ll be helping out other members who might have a reservation with that dealer. On top of that, doesn’t he only have 7 days to pick it up?
Let him try and sort it out first, if he gets it sorted out then hopefully the dealer won't manipulate others.

If it's not sorted out, post the dealer and let the internet trolls review bomb them!

Bigpoppa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Strategist
Does your online order show ADM in the "Difference from MSRP" line item?

If not, you may consider waiting until the truck arrives and completing the purchase directly through the Ford website; it uses whatever is recorded on the website as the final price; if the dealer is planning on adding MSRP when you show in person, it won't show during the checkout direct through Ford.

So, if the dealer isn't adding ADM until you show up, just outsmart them and check out direct through your Ford account! You might have to use Ford financing to make it work, but if the ADM is large enough, it'll be worth it.
Totally agree with this approach. You should definitely checkout and finance through Ford. You could also refi if necessary, to get the rate you want.

Sponsored

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Fine their Facebook page and post it there, whether as a comment or a post referencing them. There will be much more eyes on them there.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Let him try and sort it out first, if he gets it sorted out then hopefully the dealer won't manipulate others.

If it's not sorted out, post the dealer and let the internet trolls review bomb them!
I don't understand this perspective. If there are three or even more people who are waiting to pick their trucks up from this dealer it not only helps them to start dealing with this early it also helps *him.*

There's a much better chance of the dealer capitulating when a handful of customers are standing there challenging this than each one going in individually.

Even if it's resolved in his favor, people need to be alerted to who this was after he has his truck safely in his driveway. He doesn't owe them any favors and there's no reason to believe the dealer won't try this with the next customer and each one after that. The dealer only has to be successful once to make windfall profits and it doesn't cost him anything to make each buyer suffer before finally relenting.

The dealer is incentivized to create friction in these sales, which is crazy and one of the primary points against people pointing out this is a result of the "free market." No, freedom of markets is to *reduce* friction between seller/buyer--not increase it. When you have increased friction in the transaction some external factor is at play.

OP
OP

06z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 2 Raptor
Ok, This was my brothers deal. I am super pissed at the dealer, DCH Ford in Thousand Oaks, Ca. He did get the truck. They wanted $13k ADM to start and we know they can get $20k pretty easily right now. He paid $3K ADM. The lesson learned here is Dealers *uc*ing suck and unless you have it in writing, it doesn't mean S**T. I myself have a reservation but probably will not be able to order one as I only want a pro. And we all know how FORD EFFED this up. I'm SOO pissed at FORD that I even contemplated selling my Raptor. I kept the Dealer name off this thread on my brothers wishes. Now the deal is done and ***K DCH FORD THOUSAND OAKS.

OP
OP

06z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 2 Raptor
See post above .

OP
OP

06z

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 2 Raptor
Updated Thread title with dealer name.
Sponsored