• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
This update is causing

Manifest mismatch. Something didn't match up between what you were getting sent and what you were supposed to get. FDRS will make quick work of it for sure.

This OTA has caused quite a stir on the ICE forums. Apparently it is causing some audio volume issues for many people. Glad to see you guys seem to be spared from the issue.
I've heard that it somewhat dulls down the sound. Don't know if that's a general consensus or... But with my tinnitus I doubt I'll notice.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was intending to pull the negative cable this afternoon but then this update popped up, so if it's still not working correctly, I'll send another voice report.
"The voice mailbox for the Ford subscriber has not been setup, please try again at a later time."
Ford F-150 Lightning Software Priority Update: 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD - Refined Audio Ford_Feedback

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Off topic but wanted to add that as a software engineer in the trade for over 13 years now I've never been asked for build notes. I'd be curious if you or anyone else had a different experience.

For anyone interested, most often, we're given a task to do formulated into the phrase "As a user I want blahblahblah". So for this, it'd be "As a user, I want background noise to be eliminated or reduced for the sound system on the F150 lightning."

Then it's up to us developers to decipher what that means through refinement of the task itself. We may include a note in the task about what we should do to accomplish this task, but it's possible just doing this one "background noise reduction" task is one one of several tasks each with its own esoteric engineering notes. Or it may not be readily known what needs to happen in software to make a fix until we get in there and look under the hood. And that's only if the developer deems it necessary to put them in there at all. Usually they just get added as comments on code check-in or code-comments in the source code itself.

Then somebody (possibly far removed from software dev) gets a list of completed sets of tasks for the next release. They'll read the "As a user" blurb or the title of the task and only keep what's necessary for the release notes.

Maybe it depends on the industry but in my experience nobody seems to care what we do technically as long as it's done, on time, and on budget.
Also in software development. Those notes are still being produced, but your product owner or whatever you call them are the ones turning your completed tasks into notes. Depending on your company size, those are then passed over to a technical writer who turns them into release notes.

If you're Ford, you keep those notes internal for "competitive advantage" and then just say "performance enhancements and bug fixes" every time.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just checked for this new DSP update using FDRS and it didn't show up.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I got it today through OTA. Drove for a few hours after, but didn't notice any difference.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Plugged in departure timer used this afternoon for testing purposes, the seat and steering wheel were toasty warm.

Note, typically 1.5 KWH is dedicated to cabin/seat/wheel warming for a 15 minute period, the balance of 5 KWH was for battery warming and a token 1% bump in charge [90% to 91%] Battery warming started at 14:56, unplugged at 15:35

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Priority Update: 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD - Refined Audio 1712444292904-gu
Ford F-150 Lightning Software Priority Update: 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD - Refined Audio 1712444310646-n9

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Got my truck back from the battery module replacement today. This update had failed twice while in the shop @rugedraw had already let me know that. I hope this doesn't throw my truck off, it has been very good at getting most updates early on.

They were connected with FDRS several times doing a module replacement and it has an APIM and a couple of other updates waiting, but they wouldn't take the time to apply them.

The service advisor that checked me in the day I dropped it off even noted from their system the APIM was there waiting, they just wrote it up as APIM is up to date.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Update, it appears to be a one off issue {DRIVER ERROR}, my afternoon drive the auto-park was working normally
------
Reporting an issue that appears as of recent to this update, I'm not certain that this update is culprit though.

In the past if I had the truck in drive and opened the drivers door, the gear [drive mode] shifter would automatically return to the park position, this morning I opened the door and the selector stayed in drive, tested it a couple of times and this new behaviour is consistent.

I recall a few folks complaining about this, forgot the circumstances where leaving it in gear was beneficial, I'd rather it return to park in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Reporting an issue that appears as of recent to this update, I'm not certain that this update is culprit though.

In the past if I had the truck in drive and opened the drivers door, the gear [drive mode] shifter would automatically return to the park position, this morning I opened the door and the selector stayed in drive, tested it a couple of times and this new behaviour is consistent.

I recall a few folks complaining about this, forgot the circumstances where leaving it in gear was beneficial, I'd rather it return to park in my humble opinion.
You are sure it worked before this update and didn't work after?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You are sure it worked before this update and didn't work after?
It's only a rare occasion that I've opened the door with the selector in drive, the change in behaviour could have been further back with a previous update.

I know that a while back that it would return to park automatically, how far back is hard to recall the last time it happened.

Sponsored

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
I thought 2 of thee 3 things had to happen for the car to automatically return to Park:
Seat belt off, door open, and seat sensor unoccupied.
If only 1 occurred then truck would stay in gear.

This may have changed though.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired

last fall I had a couple of "Power Train Malfunction / Reduced Power" messages. Neither of these had any impact on my driving. Trucks running fine. Back in December the dealer diagnosed a problem in my gearshift module(GSM). the part was backordered until last week. his diagnostic confirmed the issue and the GSM was replaced Friday along with doing the 23B70 CSP. just an FYI.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I thought 2 of thee 3 things had to happen for the car to automatically return to Park:
Seat belt off, door open, and seat sensor unoccupied.
If only 1 occurred then truck would stay in gear.

This may have changed though.
Close, and this is the distinction I didn't recognize, so I double checked my process and truck reaction.

If you're belted in and in gear, the truck assumes you aren't going to be able to hop out and lose direct control of the truck via brakes and selector manual control, so it does NOT auto-park.

But, if your not belted in, then there is the potential risk of exiting the vehicle, hence the automatic moving of the gear/drive-mode selector.

I tried lifting my butt off the seat while the buckle was engaged, that did not trip the auto-park.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
last fall I had a couple of "Power Train Malfunction / Reduced Power" messages. Neither of these had any impact on my driving. Trucks running fine. Back in December the dealer diagnosed a problem in my gearshift module(GSM). the part was backordered until last week. his diagnostic confirmed the issue and the GSM was replaced Friday along with doing the 23B70 CSP. just an FYI.
In my case I had previously replaced my LVB BMS a while ago, my issue was operator error / assumptions
Sponsored