• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 23-PU0327-DSP-AMP

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Just saw this one hit the site...

2022MY F-150 Lightning (DSP)
23-PU0327-DSP-AMP
Static-free sound inbound.

If your vehicle is equipped with a B&O® sound system, your vehicle has been updated to remove
unexpected static. In other words, we’re helping ensure your listening experience is performing as
expected.

Ford Power-Up delivers software updates that are designed to help make your F-150® Lightning®
truck better over time.

Quality Improvements include:

- Prevents unexpected loud static noise from playing through the speakers.
So hopefully that means they "fixed" the issue people have been reporting, and it blowing speakers and etc.
Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Just saw this one hit the site...

So hopefully that means they "fixed" the issue people have been reporting, and it blowing speakers and etc.
For the sake of other owners I hope they have finally fixed it, but I am doubtful. They have not fixed my Doctor-confirmed hearing loss and tinnitus. My ears are still ringing as loudly as when the extreme noise explosion occurred inside my Lightning on 10/4/2022. I do "hear" the crickets from Ford, though. I will keep the ear plugs and ear muffs at hand until a solution is confirmed by Ford or NHTSA.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I wish they would do a DSP update. I think the system could sound a lot better than it does.
It Sounds great if you plug your phone in to USB for audio and use lossless. SXM and Bluetooth or Wireless CarPlay will sound rubbish due to the codecs being used for the wireless bit

Sponsored

zack

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
It Sounds great if you plug your phone in to USB for audio and use lossless. SXM and Bluetooth or Wireless CarPlay will sound rubbish due to the codecs being used for the wireless bit
I don't think you can pin this on the codec. Tons of other applications use the same technology without sounding bad.

Reactions: GDN

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Have not seen a lot of discussion on this update, is it targeted to UNLEASHED systems or all B&O ?

Reactions: GDN

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Have not seen a lot of discussion on this update, is it targeted to UNLEASHED systems or all B&O ?
I have a B&O Unleashed audio system, but I have not seen the update being available yet. My truck is at the dealership for the 23H01 program HV battery module replacement. I have the update on the service request for the dealership to try to install. I will post if I get any additional information.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
It kinda worked, but not very well. Every time I am playing music or podcast, and change screens, get static. Not loud, but annoying.
Sponsored