• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Soon receiving my truck

Thefishlady

First Name
Barbara D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Cmax E, Subaru WRX and soon F150 XLT Lightnin
Occupation
Busibess owner
Hello & thank you for allowing me to join your group.
I ordered my Lightning back in May 2021 with Galpin Ford, a $ 100.00 deposit was required which was fine. My truck was to be delivered May 2022, I contacted Galpin around February 2022 to see "how we were doing" with production. Well, come to find out the "reservation" was lost due to a computer glitch supposedly, and the truck was not ordered a/o in production.
Wow, major disappointment but Galpin would re-register my registration & acknowledge my deposit for a vehicle in 2023 + an additional deposit of $ 500.00. I have copies of my original reservation & date but I can no longer view the 2022 price to which I agreed then. I guess it makes no difference or does it?
My new truck F150 XLT should be available now o/a May 27th. Not sure what other surprises away me. I have horses and time has come to be able to load my hay in a real truck and not in my Ford Cmax E. This is what I ordered.
Ford F-150 Lightning Soon receiving my truck 1683084444532
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
A "Reservation" does not guarantee a price point which is what we all did in the spring/summer of 2021

An ORDER does, when you gave them the extra $500 it might imply that you placed an actual order or they took your name and put you on a list for either an abandoned order or dealer allocation which they were able to make in the fall of 2022.

You should have receipts of these payments on your credit card, and they should have given you paperwork, order number and print out of the factory order report if you asked for it.

Something is fishy here if they did none of that.

Have they given you a VIN for your truck order yet?

OP
OP

Thefishlady

First Name
Barbara D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busibess owner
Yes, I have the VIN number.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
A "Reservation" does not guarantee a price point which is what we all did in the spring/summer of 2021

An ORDER does, when you gave them the extra $500 it might imply that you placed an actual order or they took your name and put you on a list for either an abandoned order or dealer allocation which they were able to make in the fall of 2022.

You should have receipts of these payments on your credit card, and they should have given you paperwork, order number and print out of the factory order report if you asked for it.

Something is fishy here if they did none of that.

Have they given you a VIN for your truck order yet?
Agreed. Sounds like they told him they “ordered it” but in reality the OP never had an Order spot.

Galpin was hoping someone would drop their order and sell it to the OP.

Now his order spot has come up.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Thefishlady

First Name
Barbara D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busibess owner
What was your build week and blend day?
Built date?
Shipped date?
All the email mentions is that it will be delivered between 5/21 to 5/27/2023

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm trying to dig into the allegation the Galpin did something wrong, possibly you're misunderstanding the reservation, order and build phases. 200,000 of us have gone through a variety of challenges the past two years, it's not necessarily the fault of the dealership.

Can we see the top margin of your window sticker to do additional tracking of the build phase?
Like this sample..
Ford F-150 Lightning Soon receiving my truck 1683138633170

OP
OP

Thefishlady

First Name
Barbara D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busibess owner
My reservation made in 2020 was supposedly lost, when I called in April 2021 to inquire; that is when they told me it was lost and asked if I still wanted the truck. They had a record of my $ 100.00 deposit, I confirmed I still did indeed want the truck and re-ordered it with a $ 500.00 deposit. The sticker price is around $ 67 K. I'm trying to get hold of Galpin to see if the delivery dates are still valid. This is the VIN # VIN: 1FTVW1EL9PWG14226

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My reservation made in 2020 was supposedly lost, when I called in April 2021 to inquire; that is when they told me it was lost and asked if I still wanted the truck.
Are you sure about the 2020 date??????

There could not have been a LIGHTNING reservation before 5/19/2021, that was DAY ONE when tens of thousands of customers placed a reservation and paid the $100.

Did you use the online system to place your order prior to the dealer re-inputting it? This is the part that you/I/we are confused about.... the date of the $500 deposit fee on your CC statement would better identify the blessed date of FIRST order.

They had a record of my $ 100.00 deposit, I confirmed I still did indeed want the truck and re-ordered it with a $ 500.00 deposit. The sticker price is around $ 67 K. I'm trying to get hold of Galpin to see if the delivery dates are still valid. This is the VIN # VIN: 1FTVW1EL9PWG14226
Based on your sticker, data the truck was input for order in WBDO on 12/16/2022

Ford F-150 Lightning Soon receiving my truck 1683342550085

The 12/16/2022 order was selected for production 3/29/2023, assigned to build week 4/10/2023, on blend day Sunday 4/16/2023, this was the first round of new scheduling for trucks after the battery STOP PRODUCTION.

Ford F-150 Lightning Soon receiving my truck 1683342626457

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No vehicles were ordered in May 2021. OP seems to not understand the process.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clearly..................

OP
OP

Thefishlady

First Name
Barbara D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busibess owner
I am sorry about the confusion, truck was ti be originally delivered May 2022.
I made the reservation in 2021.

RESERVATION DETAILS
Vehicle: F‑150 Lightning
Date Reservation Placed: 05/26/2021
Reservation ID Number: 10933247
Your Ford Dealer: Galpin Ford
Deposit Payment Value: $100
Deposit Card Type: MASTERCARD
Deposit Card Number (last four digits): 5869​

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
@Thefishlady, you're not understanding how this worked.

On 5/19/21, anyone could have reserved a Lightning. This was NOT an order. 200,000 people reserved one over time. When your reservation came up, you were emailed the ability to order.

The first trucks weren't made until April 2022. Ford had a launch event, which I attended, on Tuesday, April 26, 2022. When you contacted your dealer in February 2022, he should have said "no truck has yet been made".

If you didn't order when your time came up, and simply were waiting for your dealer to have a truck for you, you would have been waiting a long time.

When you finally ordered, whenever that was, you would have received a copy of that order. As you note, it was for a 2023, since your reservation didn't come up for a 2022 (most didn't), or was lost by someone (you or the dealer).

When you ordered a 2023, you got a locked in price at that time, with financing rates that were available at that time. Until you order, nothing is locked in. A reservation guarantees nothing, but the ability to order.

Hopefully you can log into your Ford account and see your truck and sticker. You can also pull up the sticker by using this site - https://lancelhoff.com/how-to-get-ford-window-sticker-from-vin/

Good luck, I fear your unfamiliarity with the process means you're not going to get what you thought you were getting.

OP
OP

Thefishlady

First Name
Barbara D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busibess owner
I made the reservation, Galpin screwed up and lost all the reservations, and as a result; no additional requests for deposits were made and because I was not aware of the process.
Sponsored