• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sound Settings for B&O

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I like music but I’m terrible at tuning.

Can folks share pictures of the sound settings so I can copy off of you?

Here’s what I have it set at right now.
Ford F-150 Lightning Sound Settings for B&O IMG_5529
Sponsored

Last edited:

DatOleMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat and 2022 Mach e Premium
Hahaha. The old deaf guy tune. Up the higher frequencies that we can’t hear well anymore.
Not at all… I’m a music guy and don’t want the bass overpowering the vocals. Plus it sounds distorted at high volume
Ford F-150 Lightning Sound Settings for B&O 1715826740149-hh

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Note how far back the fade is, and yet the midrange on the dash is still overpowering. This setting works to get some bass out as long as you don't turn it up too loud. If you do crank it, the sound starts to fall apart, and you have to back off on the bass. I miss the sub in my Expedition, but not worth it to me to spend a lot of money to get it back. Sound mode is "Stereo."

Ford F-150 Lightning Sound Settings for B&O IMG_6921.JPG

Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Set fade 1-2 steps towards the rear.
Sound mode: surround:
Treble: +1
Midrange: Default at 0
Bass: +2

Speed comp high

personal preference.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
Note how far back the fade is, and yet the midrange on the dash is still overpowering. This setting works to get some bass out as long as you don't turn it up too loud. If you do crank it, the sound starts to fall apart, and you have to back off on the bass. I miss the sub in my Expedition, but not worth it to me to spend a lot of money to get it back. Sound mode is "Stereo."

IMG_6921.JPG
Same for the Mach E. It’s insane how the dash speaker overpowers everything. You have to bring the fader all the way back just to make it seem like the music isn’t hitting you directly in the face.

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
I’m a big fan of the v-shape sound profile.

+4 Bass
-2 Mid
+6 Treble

-2 Rear Biased Fade (to reduce the center speaker)

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor

IMG_6921.JPG
Turn "Stereo" to Surround and it helps that up front overpowering sound.

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
As a part time FOH engineer, the midrange is where a lot of the meat/vocals will sit. Tuning your midrange, and then supplementing bass and treble to your taste is where I would start. Treble is obviously all of your higher end sounds like higher pitch vocals, cymbals, and some electric guitar frequencies. Bass is obviously all of your low end with deeper male vocals being at the top end of the bass and toms and kick drum being at the lower end. You want an even fill of everything, and then work to bring it to how you prefer.

For me personally I have some midrange, a little treble and a moderate amount of bass.

Too much bass and lack of treble and you get muddy, too much treble and not enough bass causes a light and tinny sound.

Sponsored

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
As a part time FOH engineer, the midrange is where a lot of the meat/vocals will sit. Tuning your midrange, and then supplementing bass and treble to your taste is where I would start. Treble is obviously all of your higher end sounds like higher pitch vocals, cymbals, and some electric guitar frequencies. Bass is obviously all of your low end with deeper male vocals being at the top end of the bass and toms and kick drum being at the lower end. You want an even fill of everything, and then work to bring it to how you prefer.

For me personally I have some midrange, a little treble and a moderate amount of bass.

Too much bass and lack of treble and you get muddy, too much treble and not enough bass causes a light and tinny sound.
thanks for this. i just upgraded all the speakers including the dash and added a sub. now with your understandable explanation i can fine tune it.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
The issue with the center upfront speaker overpowering all others is the biggest issue I have it. I have the fade set way in the back to try and compensate for it.

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
I like music but I’m terrible at tuning.

Can folks share pictures of the sound settings so I can copy off of you?

Here’s what I have it set at right now.
IMG_5529.jpeg
These look like the exact settings I have. But it still all depends on how much high or low you like to hear or actually can hear since many cannot hear all the different high tones or low tones. :(

OP
OP

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
These look like the exact settings I have. But it still all depends on how much high or low you like to hear or actually can hear since many cannot hear all the different high tones or low tones. :(
Unfortunately for me, I hear all the tones. My wife's high tones, low tones, middle tones. I couldn't tell you what she said, but I definitely hear the tone.
Sponsored