• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare tire lock

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Kia Niro Ev, '23 Avalanche Lightning XLT
Just picked up my truck today and asked them about the funk net and spare tire lock. They checked other Lightnings on the lost, and even their ICE F-150s, and apparently non of them are coming with the lock. But they were able to order one in and install it for me at no charge. My dealership is pretty awesome though.
Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
My dealer provided both. My arguement to them was that it was listed as included in their master documentation. The same documentation they used to removed my partition lockable storage.
Ok well I can sure give it a shot.
What particular master documentation are you referring to and where did you find this documentation, Iā€™m hoping this will help or at least give me a good argument towards getting what I was shorted by #fordmotorcompany
TIA

OP
OP

jedi713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Ok well I can sure give it a shot.
What particular master documentation are you referring to and where did you find this documentation, Iā€™m hoping this will help or at least give me a good argument towards getting what I was shorted by #fordmotorcompany
TIA
Check post #14 in this thread.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Where are you getting your information on this?
My dealer, and since I don't trust my dealer I also contacted Ford directly. The marketing department confirmed the same thing.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
My dealer, and since I don't trust my dealer I also contacted Ford directly. The marketing department confirmed the same thing.
Very sad that #fordmotorcompany chose to make it easier for thieves to steal my spare tire on a near 100k truck so they could save $5. Good job Ford..!!

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Do you have 22 or 23?
A '22 that was a customer-reject. Sounds like other '22's got it. I eventually got a 'valet' key from the dealer after a lot of back and forth. They did a poor job cutting it though and it takes a lot of jiggling to get it to work.

I just keep a fob in the Faraday bag.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Ford put out a notice that they no longer include the lock on any F-150s. Luckily I got my dealer to install one the week before this came out.

Ford F-150 Lightning Spare tire lock IMG_0195

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Ford put out a notice that they no longer include the lock on any F-150s. Luckily I got my dealer to install one the week before this came out.

IMG_0195.jpeg
Well it was listed as standard equipment for 2023 as of 08/09/22
Im not sure when or where we were to find out about this change. Iā€™ve yet to see a standard equipments update until this. Iā€™ve had my truck since January 2023. . Iā€™d like to get my spare tire lock and keyed lock cylinder some how.
Ford F-150 Lightning Spare tire lock IMG_3434

Ford F-150 Lightning Spare tire lock IMG_3433

Last edited:

Nick O'Teen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
My 2023 Platinum did not come with the lock. When I discovered this I had to order (and pay for) it after delivery. What do you expect for a truck that cost well north of $100,000?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Where I live, spare tire theft isnā€˜t really a concern. The meth-heads focus on the smaller, more profitable catalytic converters.

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
Just left the dealer after having the trailer back up camera and tire pressure monitoring system installed (it was lost in their parts department šŸ™„) and asked about the spare tire lock. I pointed out it was listed as part of the original equipment and they couldnā€™t find the part to even order itā€¦ has anyone had any luck getting @Ford Motor Company to make this right or even provide a part number? The parts manager told me to check back in 6 months and see if itā€™s a part thatā€™s available in their system. When I drive down into Los Angeles everything not locked down has a tendency to go missing these days šŸ˜•
Sponsored