• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stolen and Barbecued Lightning

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
What is he driving now?
‘He posted this two months ago (66 mustang and Lightning).

Ford F-150 Lightning Stolen and Barbecued Lightning 1709731378248

Edit: I just saw this bellow as well:

Ford F-150 Lightning Stolen and Barbecued Lightning 1709762047267
Sponsored

Last edited:

designthis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat SR Black 8/21/23 blend
Occupation
Builder
Someone I know had 2 cars stolen from their fancy home in Ct. on the same night. The thieves were “joyriders.” Teenagers. This is apparently what some kids do for fun these days. Both cars were eventually recovered. One of the 2 was torched. Neither of them were EV’s. I think everyone hears “EV’s“ and their ears prick up. Joyriding and car fires happen way more often with ICE vehicles. We don’t hear about it because it’s not newsworthy.

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Honestly they probably stole and realized it needed to be charged and not simply filled with gas and then decided to burn it. I mean, think about it, where can you buy charging with cash? Kinda hard to refill your boosted truck without leaking Financials that cops could later track down and use against you. In some ways, EVs ain't worth stealing since for the time being they're too much of a pain for thieves.

Edit: scariest part of that thread was how they got inside. Trucks can be replaced, thieves in your home around family is terrifying. Desperate people with nothing to lose do something dumb and you could lose a loved one.
The Youtuber said the theives thought the car was going to record their faces so they burned it down hoping to protect their identity.

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
The thieves were “joyriders.” Teenagers. This is apparently what some kids do for fun these days.
I’d bet teenagers stole horses before cars came along, joyriding isn’t anything new

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’d bet teenagers stole horses before cars came along, joyriding isn’t anything new
The truck is Electric. It has a huge battery pack. It is called Lightning for heavens sake. We should be able to educate the young like this:

When is this OTA coming?

Last edited:

Sponsored

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
I thought a Lightning was more difficult to steal than an ICE F150? Did the owner leave his keyfob in the truck?

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I thought a Lightning was more difficult to steal than an ICE F150? Did the owner leave his keyfob in the truck?

It sounds like, they broke into the house and stole the fob.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I have received one negative comment in parking lot of Lowe’s. It was civil but unpleasant and definitely filled with political overtones.
same here: someone 'in passing' made some remarks as my back was turned ... interesting how a 'vehicle' brings out the 'politics' in people... although I'll bet they don't really 'do' politics, they just complain about them...

I mentioned to a friend the other day that my LIGHTING with over 41,000 miles was doing fantastic, and pulls the camper often, and that my wife had just got her new KIA EV9, and we've taken several LONG trips in it, too, already...and works great.
I finished off the quick comments, in passing, with a 'joking' "We've pumped our last gallon of gas, but don't tell Trump!"... as though I needed to 'qualify' my comments...

amazing how these things suddenly make you add to your comments, as though to 'apologize' to people, even when that wasn't your initial intent... oh well.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I have had ZERO people say/imply/gesture negativity toward the truck...same with the Tesla.

Sponsored

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
I have had ZERO people say/imply/gesture negativity toward the truck...same with the Tesla.
Me neither. I am surrounded by people who state they will never buy or own an EV. Yet they don't give a damn who or how many drive one.
I have never seen or heard hate or bad mouthing for EV.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
same here: someone 'in passing' made some remarks as my back was turned ... interesting how a 'vehicle' brings out the 'politics' in people... although I'll bet they don't really 'do' politics, they just complain about them...

I mentioned to a friend the other day that my LIGHTING with over 41,000 miles was doing fantastic, and pulls the camper often, and that my wife had just got her new KIA EV9, and we've taken several LONG trips in it, too, already...and works great.
I finished off the quick comments, in passing, with a 'joking' "We've pumped our last gallon of gas, but don't tell Trump!"... as though I needed to 'qualify' my comments...

amazing how these things suddenly make you add to your comments, as though to 'apologize' to people, even when that wasn't your initial intent... oh well.
That’s interesting. We are strongly considering replaces the wife’s Explorer with an EV - MachE or Kia EV9 or a Hyundai Ioniq 5. Seems once go Electric you want a Full dose.

Last edited:

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
I get a lot of "the grid cannot handle all those Evs" comments. I think right wing media must pump that misconception a lot, and average Joes that pay a decent electric bill each month to keep their house cool fear this and uses it as a rational to oppose EVs even when someone else is driving one.

Same folks are usually ignorant about a lot of other grid realities -- like the fact that we have a lot of overcapacity at night and EV drivers often can charge at night.

The nay-sayers are often wildly mis-informed about wind and solar as well.

Mis-information is THE problem in politics/environment/human rights these days.

I happen to be very convinced that we need to explore newer versions of "neutron energy" as my cousin says we should start saying. Meaning nuclear. That makes me a Pariah among a lot of left wing environmental types that have vilified nuclear and refuse to inform themselves one dang bit.

The part about ignorance and mis-information cuts both ways -- that's what I am trying to say....

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I happen to be very convinced that we need to explore newer versions of "neutron energy" as my cousin says we should start saying. Meaning nuclear. That makes me a Pariah among a lot of left wing environmental types that have vilified nuclear and refuse to inform themselves one dang bit.
The new tech like SMRs are under development which are smaller and safer. I am all for it.
Sponsored

Last edited: