• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Strange regen coasting behavior anyone else?

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
Here’s the situation. We have a cabin in the mountains. There is a long and steep decent when we return home dropping 5000 feet of elevation over about 10 miles. Basically I apply very little throttle and we coast/regen down the whole way at about 67 MPH no braking required just coasting and regen with maybe a little throttle to maintain 65+ speed limit. As we approach a 4 lane stop sign the Speed limit drops from 65 to 45 and I need to tap the brake as it’s still pretty steep (notorious speed trap too). The truck slows down to 45 and then I come off the brake. Here’s the issue,, three times now there has been pretty violent jarring in the truck almost like we were hit from behind as the truck transitions from my foot on the brake to my foot back on the accelerator. Anyone experienced this? It happens in an instant and no sounds, lights or anything other than the jarrring and back to usual regen behavior. i Know its a unique situation and I’m a bit worried what this will be like when I’m towing my jetski trailer this summer. Thanks all.
Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Are you using single pedal driving? If so, I would disable it.

OP
OP

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
Are you using single pedal driving? If so, I would disable it.
I am and it will automatically disable when I’m towing I believe. Still, this behavior isn’t in-spec I’m sure.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Is it only happening on this particular intersection ?

When stopping on an incline, my Lightning has done this too.

I have had the truck abruptly attempt to full stop for a second and then releases.

Felt like it was sensing something on the road and for a second trying to avoid collision.

I thought it might have been the camera seeing either a street sign or pavement marker that it normally does not see when driving level.

Maybe the angle of the truck with the road causes it to see "other" objects ??

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Is it only happening on this particular intersection ?

When stopping on an incline, my Lightning has done this too.

I have had the truck abruptly attempt to full stop for a second and then releases.

Felt like it was sensing something on the road and for a second trying to avoid collision.

I thought it might have been the camera seeing either a street sign or pavement marker that it normally does not see when driving level.

Maybe the angle of the truck with the road causes it to see "other" objects ??
That's autohold I believe.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
I thought auto stop/start was a pain.
Sponsored