• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Your Ford Ambassador" email: anyone else get one?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I got this email from Ford yesterday. Anyone else get this?

Ford F-150 Lightning "Your Ford Ambassador" email: anyone else get one? Screenshot_20230405-134343
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Nada, would be nice to have one though. I'm really hurting on just level 1 charging.

OP
OP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm conflicted if I should sign up or not there's probably only a 25% chance I'm going to buy the truck.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'm conflicted if I should sign up or not there's probably only a 25% chance I'm going to buy the truck.
There is probably a 100% chance that you'll know more than they do. Not sure why Ford keeps embarrassing themselves. Just like the @Ford Motor Company that follows us here.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
There is probably a 100% chance that you'll know more than they do. Not sure why Ford keeps embarrassing themselves. Just like the @Ford Motor Company that follows us here.
Hi there! Could you send me a PM with your VIN, and the Dealership nearest you? Thanks!111 ^_^

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got 2 emails about this and my truck is not even built

OP
OP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I got 2 emails about this and my truck is not even built
Yup, mine isn't either and I'm not sure I'll buy it at this point. However I went ahead and signed up. I got two text messages back that are almost identical.

Ford F-150 Lightning "Your Ford Ambassador" email: anyone else get one? Screenshot_20230406-120459

OP
OP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Honestly, it's good to see that Ford is making attempts to educate customers. We all know the dealers (for the most part) aren't going to. Sure, most of us here are going to know everything already, but we are what, 10, maybe 20 percent of lightning owners. Hopefully people who are buying trucks off the lot are getting into this program as well, or at some point in the near future once they get it up and running.

Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I got this message and signed up about a week ago. On Friday I got the introductory texts from my Ambassador. Tried to respond this AM and got this error message (3 times and gave up. Too lazy to count characters or have a program do it). Another example of a Ford communications stumble. Why have a limit, and if you do, at least tell people ahead of time before they start typing.

Character limit of '160' exceeded. Reduce message length or split message into multiple messages then try again.​

OP
OP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I got this message and signed up about a week ago. On Friday I got the introductory texts from my Ambassador. Tried to respond this AM and got this error message (3 times and gave up. Too lazy to count characters or have a program do it). Another example of a Ford communications stumble. Why have a limit, and if you do, at least tell people ahead of time before they start typing.

Character limit of '160' exceeded. Reduce message length or split message into multiple messages then try again.​
Whatever provider they are using to send the messages is at fault here for not supporting multi-part/longer sma messages, mms messages, or the RDS protocol.
Although not directly a Ford caused issue, they should have chosen a different provider.

OP
OP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I just got my 4th or 5th email to sign up, I'm already signed up.....🤦
Sponsored