• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone else receive this email today?

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I got the same email, finally something official from Ford. Based on the Ford website my truck was built 1/30 and shipped 1/31. The dealer says my truck is now in San Diego. What really bothers me is it seems Ford has not kept the dealersinformed. I have asked about the delivery delays and have not received any response which tells me they don’t know.
Sponsored

AirForceOne

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I received the same email this morning. My truck was built on 2/3 and I guess is still in the holding lot. I wonder if Ford will be checking all built trucks prior to shipment?

EigenSolver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru, 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
I believe this communication was held in abeyance until they ~fully~ knew what the issue and recovery plan will be, then shot out this email to everyone on the build & hold schedule.

I wonder if the folks for 2/6, 2/13 & 2/20 build weeks will get a similar email, along the lines of "your truck will be built on x date or the week of y??
My blend date was supposed to be 2/6, and I have not received an email with any update so far.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
Wondering if they really did hold mine in December and for some reason they just sent email today instead of back then?? Makes more sense considering how bad Ford emails have been timing wise.
Exactly what I thought. And this is why I will be pushing Ford to cover the $7500 tax incentive I missed out on.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My letter mentioned my truck built in November was flagged... so when exactly did this happen? My truck sat for 40+ days before it was shipped and then it took over 30 days to get to my dealer where the truck still sits because the dealer cannot get the Private Offer figured out. What a mess.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone else receive this email today? Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 10.04.12 PM

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Just to see if there is a difference, are these SR and/or ER battery trucks? Did the 2023 trucks, SR or ER, get a longer range rating than the 2022's? This might be a change in battery chemistry or construction?

OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
My letter mentioned my truck built in November was flagged... so when exactly did this happen? My truck sat for 40+ days before it was shipped and then it took over 30 days to get to my dealer where the truck still sits because the dealer cannot get the Private Offer figured out. What a mess.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 10.04.12 PM.png
Is yours a Pro? If so, PM me. You should be good on the tax and PO

OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My blend date was supposed to be 2/6, and I have not received an email with any update so far.
I am watching your VIN for when it shows an actual "IN PRODUCTION" date on the ford tracker, you won't hear from them until it's "Built" based on prior delays like this last summer.

Sponsored

Rbert

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla model S
Ford has a problem with the right hand not talking to the left hand. Have you noticed that Amazon and UPS can track a $10 package precisely, but Ford and the dealer have no idea where a $90,000 vehicle is or when it will be delivered. It is amazing to me that logistics communication can be that bad at Ford.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Exactly what I thought. And this is why I will be pushing Ford to cover the $7500 tax incentive I missed out on.
How would you hold Ford to pay for a tax incentive ?

You don't own the vehicle - it's not yours yet.

Belongs to your dealer who was invoiced.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How would you hold Ford to pay for a tax incentive ?

You don't own the vehicle - it's not yours yet.

Belongs to your dealer who was invoiced.
I understand all of that. This is a customer service issue and ford is likely to want to keep a customer who buys as many trucks as I do happy.

But for this battery issue I would have had my truck prior to the end of last year and would have qualified for the tax incentive. Because of that issue I was deprived the ability to qualify for that tax incentive. Could Ford tell me to pound sand? You bet. Could it cause them to lose 6+ truck sales a year going forward? Most likely.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I understand all of that. This is a customer service issue and ford is likely to want to keep a customer who buys as many trucks as I do happy.

But for this battery issue I would have had my truck prior to the end of last year and would have qualified for the tax incentive. Because of that issue I was deprived the ability to qualify for that tax incentive. Could Ford tell me to pound sand? You bet. Could it cause them to lose 6+ truck sales a year going forward? Most likely.
well then better count me in.

my MME was built in December but had not shipped.

sitting in Mexico.

could have claimed the $7500 tax credit if it arrived before the end of the year.

now it looks like the credit will disappear or get split in half with the IRS ruling on the battery credit this mont...

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if the folks for 2/6, 2/13 & 2/20 build weeks will get a similar email, along the lines of "your truck will be built on x date or the week of y??
Along the lines of your later post in this thread (probably ~"no word from Ford until the truck is built"), my build date has not been updated at all, and no e-mail from Ford yet, either. My build date was originally 2/13, but then around the last update (2/1/23), the build date got moved to 2/18 and hasn't changed since. I've been "in production" since 2/1.
Sponsored