• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Popped up entering our neighborhood.
632D13DC-FC7D-4FF3-80A4-EEF11561BDE6.jpeg
Had same message over the weekend. Said "OK" by pressing button - message went away and haven't seen again.
Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Had same message over the weekend. Said "OK" by pressing button - message went away and haven't seen again.
Trust me, you will. :)

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
my truck normally has the Shutters OPEN while parked

today, I went out and pressed the ON button...
the FAN immediately kicked on, and when I hopped out and looked at the Shutters, they were just then opening.. as though they had already been closed, but they had not... maybe it is just an initial 'working' of the shutters whenever you start...

after about 30 seconds, the FAN stopped, and the Shutters CLOSED, while the truck was still ON... but not yet in gear, or moving. Interesting.

I turned the truck OFF, and now the shutters are back to OPEN....

interesting, as all this is happening even though the truck is not in gear, moving, and there is no charging happening, and none for several days, and the temperature is not hot.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6Ā½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I knew my 'new' tiny backup camera for my camper would come in handy!
Wifi and directly to my iPhone while towing, or filming... : )
Looks like the video quality used for "capturing" images of the Lochness Monster and UFOs. : )

Sponsored
OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
and 'Sasquatch' ! I remember that 'movie' from the early 70's...

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
I'm also getting the active air dam fault message. Just about everyday now.

vacasity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning 2022 XLT
seems like the active air dam is a common fault. I get these just about every day, especially when its colder out, for what ever reason.

Watt2Go

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX30, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired IT
I got the Active Air Dam fault three times during a very blustery and rainy/hail period on the way to Chicago recently. No error messages on the return trip with nice weather.

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I dropped mine off at the dealer this morning for the Active Air Dam Fault error message. It was happening multiple times on pretty much every drive at this point and got to be really annoying.

I hope it's not a time consuming fix. They gave me a loaner through 11/25; I hope to God it doesn't take that long to fix. They gave me an ICE loaner which was a real bummer; I was really hoping they'd let me have their mannequin Lightning in iced blue silver which they're using as a loaner too.

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I dropped mine off at the dealer this morning for the Active Air Dam Fault error message. It was happening multiple times on pretty much every drive at this point and got to be really annoying.

I hope it's not a time consuming fix. They gave me a loaner through 11/25; I hope to God it doesn't take that long to fix. They gave me an ICE loaner which was a real bummer; I was really hoping they'd let me have their mannequin Lightning in iced blue silver which they're using as a loaner too.
Any update on this?

My ā€˜ā€™Air Dam Faultā€™ message began several days ago and is pretty much constant now. (For what itā€™s worth, been rainy and Texas-cold this past week.)

Iā€™m not yet concerned enough to ā€œSee manualā€ as the message instructs, suspecting manual says ā€œSee serviceā€

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any update on this?

My ā€˜ā€™Air Dam Faultā€™ message began several days ago and is pretty much constant now. (For what itā€™s worth, been rainy and Texas-cold this past week.)

Iā€™m not yet concerned enough to ā€œSee manualā€ as the message instructs, suspecting manual says ā€œSee serviceā€
No update, except that @Ford Motor Company assigned a case manager and expedited shipment of the part after seeing my post on these forums. The part is supposed to ship by the first week of December now.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I've gotten this error three times, all when it was snowy and cold out. It seems like based on the other posts, the active air dam simply doesn't work in harsh cold weather.

As long as it is just a minimal range reduction, I can live with this. I assume it's hard for a light moving part to power through the elements. However, I'll keep an eye on this, in case there are more serious issues from the fault.

Ford F-150 Lightning Success!  F150 Lightning (PRO) Auto Aero Dam AND Auto Shutters  -- in action. 20221202_011416

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I've gotten this error three times, all when it was snowy and cold out. It seems like based on the other posts, the active air dam simply doesn't work in harsh cold weather.

As long as it is just a minimal range reduction, I can live with this. I assume it's hard for a light moving part to power through the elements. However, I'll keep an eye on this, in case there are more serious issues from the fault.

20221202_011416.jpg
Me too today for the first timeā€¦.38 degF dry, in moderate fogā€¦.no iceā€¦.
Ford F-150 Lightning Success!  F150 Lightning (PRO) Auto Aero Dam AND Auto Shutters  -- in action. 959EFEDB-0E06-42FC-9233-B0387253EDFF

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx sti, Subaru wrx, Daihatsu Miro, Ranger
I am also getting air dam fault and my friend with a lightning is getting it too. With this many people having issues, will this be a recall? @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored