• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Count me In. All the same problems, although it’s not as cold in NC. 30-50 degrees F
That's enough, in combination with strong wind.

I have been getting those messages nearly the week after I got the truck. They are sporadic and don’t seem to be weather related for me (Arizona) decided during the last visit to the dealership to replace my rear lightbar for the 3rd time, they said they would look into the error message. Upon getting my truck back they said that I had damaged the air dam therefore not covered under warranty. I politely declined and have had only one or two errors for the past 2 months.
No one else had pushback and had it warrantied. I would contend someone else damaged the fscp vehicle. Tell them you want "customer satisfaction" on it. It's a magic phrase.
You'll soon be getting that message every drive that you go over 45 for a couple minutes.
Sponsored

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
I received this msg fault on 2021 Mach E premium ER last week but not on Lightning…yet😩

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
Just to update the thread. The dealer wasn't able to fix this issue for me. I still get the same error message every few days about the air dam fault. I'm just going to live with it I suppose.

@Ford Motor Company opened a case and they were really acting like they wanted to help at first, but they're not actually serious about customer satisfaction. They offered to comp me an extended warranty, but I had already bought the warranty. They wouldn't reimburse what I had already paid (i.e. the cost of the warranty). Instead they offered me a service contract valued at like $300 (basically, tire rotations, fluid checks, whatever). I asked if there was anything else they could do (maybe FordPass points for accessories?), but that was a hard no. Finally I reluctantly accepted the service contract offer (hey, something is better than nothing I guess) via email, but the agent assigned to my case has completely ghosted me -- entirely unresponsive. Frustrating!

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
Just to update the thread. The dealer wasn't able to fix this issue for me. I still get the same error message every few days about the air dam fault. I'm just going to live with it I suppose.

@Ford Motor Company opened a case and they were really acting like they wanted to help at first, but they're not actually serious about customer satisfaction. They offered to comp me an extended warranty, but I had already bought the warranty. They wouldn't reimburse what I had already paid (i.e. the cost of the warranty). Instead they offered me a service contract valued at like $300 (basically, tire rotations, fluid checks, whatever). I asked if there was anything else they could do (maybe FordPass points for accessories?), but that was a hard no. Finally I reluctantly accepted the service contract offer (hey, something is better than nothing I guess) via email, but the agent assigned to my case has completely ghosted me -- entirely unresponsive. Frustrating!
Do you drive with a 1-pedal drive? If yes, try to drive with the 1-pedal drive off and see if you still get the error. The theory behind it is that the 1-pedal driving slows down the truck to fast which prompts the error.

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
Do you drive with a 1-pedal drive? If yes, try to drive with the 1-pedal drive off and see if you still get the error. The theory behind it is that the 1-pedal driving slows down the truck to fast which prompts the error.
That's an interesting theory. I do drive exclusively in 1PD. I may turn it off temporarily just to test this theory. It makes sense. The only thing is that I've seen this reported with ICE F-150s a good bit too.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Does anybody have a update on this message?
If you're experiencing this issue only once in a while, ignore ...... it's assumed to be a software glitch, if the warning is persistent (everytime you drive) then have the mechanical parts of the system inspected for possible hardware problems.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Well going down the freeway today and ran over part of a tire or piece of plastic or something and lo and behold tore the right side of the active air dam off the mount!

I was able to use a phone charging cable to hold it in place until I got to the dealer.

Dealer was able to order the part for about $200 and I’m guessing will be about the same for labor.

Thankfully no other damage to bumper or lower plastic piece. Would have been just fine probably if that hadn’t deployed!

Ford F-150 Lightning Success!  F150 Lightning (PRO) Auto Aero Dam AND Auto Shutters  -- in action. IMG_0226

Ford F-150 Lightning Success!  F150 Lightning (PRO) Auto Aero Dam AND Auto Shutters  -- in action. IMG_0227

Ford F-150 Lightning Success!  F150 Lightning (PRO) Auto Aero Dam AND Auto Shutters  -- in action. IMG_0233

Last edited:

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Well going down the freeway today and ran over part of a tire or piece of plastic or something and lo and behold tore the right side of the active air dam off the mount!

I was able to use a phone charging cable to hold it in place until I got to the dealer.

Dealer was able to order the part for about $200 and I’m guessing will be about the same for labor.

Thankfully no other damage to bumper or lower plastic piece. Would have been just fine probably if that hadn’t deployed!

View attachment 67136

IMG_0226.jpeg

IMG_0227.jpeg

IMG_0233.jpeg
This seems like the only legitimate time the warning should appear... When the front actually falls off.

Out of curiosity.... Did you get the active air system error message?

I'm going to guess you didn't. Because.... Ford software.

Sponsored

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
This seems like the only legitimate time the warning should appear... When the front actually falls off.

Out of curiosity.... Did you get the active air system error message?

I'm going to guess you didn't. Because.... Ford software.
Not a thing! 🤣

sntwnsnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
@Walle1jm do you have any information on the part number(s) they used to fix it?

N1BBL35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Information Systems
I too am getting the "Active Air Dam" error now. The newest one popped up as I was slowing to a stop, as seen in the pic with 0 mph as I waited to get to the red light to snap the pic. I dont think i was above 45 as it was city streets, but i honestly dont recall. Dealer visit scheduled along with some service bulletins / recalls that need attention.
Ford F-150 Lightning Success!  F150 Lightning (PRO) Auto Aero Dam AND Auto Shutters  -- in action. PXL_20231106_124854276

Balabanr

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening
Occupation
research scientist
I am getting this error frequently to be a concern over the last year. Is it hardware or software? My dealer service center 'has no idea' what is going on..... Help Ford! it seems this is wide spread and can impact efficiency if the damn is not functioning. Ford must have spent a lot to get this developed to just ignore this issue now.....
Sponsored