• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla to J1772 Adapter

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Hee is a 80 amp capable adaptor for NACS to J1772 that I purchased.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7MN8LZ2

It's currently $49 ($89 minus $40 clipped coupon) Plus next day delivery.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hee is a 80 amp capable adaptor for NACS to J1772 that I purchased.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7MN8LZ2

It's currently $49 ($89 minus $40 clipped coupon) Plus next day delivery.
Sounds like a great deal. Thanks for sharing. Have you had the chance to use it yet? No fireworks? Just wanted to make sure you are happy with it since it does not seem to be UL certified. Also one of the review said it was not talking to the dude's Fisker Ocean. Wanted to make sure it talked to your Lightning.

Last edited:

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Sounds like a great deal. Thanks for sharing. Have you had the chance to use it yet? No fireworks? Just wanted to make sure you are happy with it since it does not seem to be UL certified. Also one of the review said it was not talking to the dude's Fisker Ocean. Wanted to make sure it talked to your Lightning.
Yes it works fine with my Lightning. I just verified it works with my Tesla mobile 30 amp charger and my Tesla Wall connector 40 amp 9.6 kw output.

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Here's a thread on the Mach-E forum where TWO ShockFlo adapters MELTED... https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/two-melted-shockflo-tesla-home-charger-adapters.34463/

I would be very, very cautious buying cheap crap.

I have a Tesla Tap Mini for sale
, because I bought it for my Mach-E and now with the ER it's not high amperage enough. Contact me if interested. I think these are the highest quality ones out there, and yes, they do cost more.

If you want to buy a brand new adapter from someone that is credible, buy this one - https://a2zevshop.com/collections/charging-adapters/products/a2z-stellar-plug?ref=p67qkoyi

Last edited:

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
So you think a 60 amp like this would be safe and sufficient for my Pro (even at 80 amp destination chargers)?
Yes. Even if the charger can push 80amp, the truck won't take it. During the handshake with the EVSE they should negotiate to 48amp. At no point should more than 48amp be flowing so the 60amp adapter is more than sufficient.

As per a few other items, TeslaTap is the known name for a reason. There's no news out there of a TeslaTap melting down or catching fire. Their quality is pretty top notch.

I have used Lectron in the past, and had no issues, but I would still pay a few extra bucks for a TeslaTap to protect my truck.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
If I were you, I would try 80A and wait for a while, then check every 10min. The first sign of overloading the adapter is the heat. It should warm up if the contact is not capable to handle 80A current..

My guess is it should work fine. The manufacturer of the adapter had no chance to test 80A at the time. I could be wrong, you need to be careful and always on your own risk.
Sponsored