• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Lightning had working prototypes pulling trains on camera more than 2 years before orders opened up. Where's the T3?

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
I like all of this but I really like the large trunk. Infact I want it a big bigger.
The only way I could see t3 have a bigger frunk is if they make the dash to axle ratio even longer. Which would look good, but that would obviously hurt the overall practicality and packaging. In reality, t3 will have a shorter hood, and frunk. I assume this is the finalized design under the tarp here, and not just some generic placeholder.

We obviously can't tell much aside from the general shape, which looks lower, wider, dare I say more exotic.

Ford F-150 Lightning The Lightning had working prototypes pulling trains on camera more than 2 years before orders opened up. Where's the T3? IMG_20230522_142115
Sponsored

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
My votes:
1. Minimal Frunk. Cab as far forward as possible. Like a Transit. Use that length for a longer bed and/or cargo versatility behind the 2nd row of seats (side loading cargo area).
2. Lower the load height for the bed. Like seriously lower.
3. Don't care if its frame on rail or hybrid, but don't get cute with the cab intruding into the bed.
Wouldn't be my choice, but if the images in this article are any indication you may get your wishes.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-frunk-trunk-patent-pickup-truck-cab-forward/

I like to think I'm a function over style guy, but this version of the T3 has me questioning that!

Personally, I think the frunk is a key differentiator.

OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Those are some interesting images in the patent filing. It kinda takes the raw open space of the lightning frunk and turns it into cubbies and drawers. It seems a little taller and less deep to achieve that cab forward design. It kills the 2 golf bag idea but still seems usable for the trades depending on how it really sizes up. I think Ford needs to also look at the backend more for Aero, but I wouldnt want them to just copy the CT because I wouldn't want that angled slope permanently in place but I could see using some sloped accessory attachment for longer trips..

Ford F-150 Lightning The Lightning had working prototypes pulling trains on camera more than 2 years before orders opened up. Where's the T3? 1704131629065
Sponsored