• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

T3 reveal at Detroit?

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
I am honestly wondering why Ford doesn't drop the Expedition body on the Lightning chassis and create the Expedition Lightning. You would think it could be fairly easily built at Rouge as well.

EDIT - I guess the Expedition's wheel base is over 20 inches shorter than the the F-150, even though it uses the F-150 chassis. Still, it makes me wonder if it would work!
If they had come out with that before the F-150 Lightning I would have bought that in a heartbeat! I hope they actually do come out with it and I would consider trading in. Nice to have 3rd row with kids now.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
If they had come out with that before the F-150 Lightning I would have bought that in a heartbeat! I hope they actually do come out with it and I would consider trading in. Nice to have 3rd row with kids now.
There will be a 3 row SUV built of T3. Should launch after the next gen Lightning.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
There will be a 3 row SUV built of T3. Should launch after the next gen Lightning.
One of the many reasons why I love the Lightning is it still retains full-frame construction, do we know if the T3 platform has a frame or is it some sorta quasi-uni-frame skateboard type-deal?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
One of the many reasons why I love the Lightning is it still retains full-frame construction, do we know if the T3 platform has a frame or is it some sorta quasi-uni-frame skateboard type-deal?
Nothing official as far as I know, but I would guess some kind of skateboard platform as that gives you some pretty significant packaging and weight benefits.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Hoping for an easy retrofit for that heads up display……

Sadly, it’s not going to happen 😞

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
better suited for work trucks.
Crew cab, 8' bed? There is no one size fits all "work truck". I use my lightning as a work truck. Tools in the frunk, in the bed, air compressor runs off propower, it's efficient and I can do my service call area on a full charge. My previous ice f150 was nearly identical except no power and no frunk, still worked out of that and it rides way better than the old Chev 2500 van that I got rid of before that.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
From the ICE 2024 Order guide.
Obviously lightning colors aren't 1 for 1 to the ICE, but there's some new possibilities in the color pool.

EXTERIOR New Colors — Darkened Bronze Metallic — Shelter Green
● Deleted Paint Colors — Race Red — Stone Gray Metallic — Azure Gray Metallic Tri-Coat

PACKAGES  New/Changed — Mobile Office Pkg (50M) — Tow/Haul Pkg (53T)

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Crew cab, 8' bed? There is no one size fits all "work truck". I use my lightning as a work truck. Tools in the frunk, in the bed, air compressor runs off propower, it's efficient and I can do my service call area on a full charge. My previous ice f150 was nearly identical except no power and no frunk, still worked out of that and it rides way better than the old Chev 2500 van that I got rid of before that.
exactly my point. No one size fits all. but I can tell you what most work trucks are not - super crew short beds.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
From the ICE 2024 Order guide.
Obviously lightning colors aren't 1 for 1 to the ICE, but there's some new possibilities in the color pool.

EXTERIOR New Colors — Darkened Bronze Metallic — Shelter Green
● Deleted Paint Colors — Race Red — Stone Gray Metallic — Azure Gray Metallic Tri-Coat

PACKAGES  New/Changed — Mobile Office Pkg (50M) — Tow/Haul Pkg (53T)
2024 ICE Colors are kinda poopy.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Can't believe they got rid of Race Red. Would have loved to order my Lightning in that color.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
IDK….I think Rapid Red might be the best red that Ford has ever offered. Of course, our tastes all vary.
It was decent when the darker reads started coming out (and was called Ruby Red), but now with just about everyone doing them, we just call them "old man red" when we see them on the road.

Yes - I know Ruby Red and Rapid Red are technically different colors, but they are so close it doesn't really matter.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It was decent when the darker reads started coming out (and was called Ruby Red), but now with just about everyone doing them, we just call them "old man red" when we see them on the road.

Yes - I know Ruby Red and Rapid Red are technically different colors, but they are so close it doesn't really matter.
Agree - I already had a Ruby Red F150 when my Rapid Red Mach-E arrived. They sat side-by-side in my garage and the colors were indistinguishable.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
IDK….I think Rapid Red might be the best red that Ford has ever offered. Of course, our tastes all vary.
Hot Pepper Red is the best, IMO. But Ford wasn't offering that on F150's in 2022.

I would have ordered Rapid Red, but the previous 3 vehicles I had before mi Lightning were a combination of Rapid and Ruby Red. My kids were telling me I was becoming boring and predictable.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Detroit has been pretty disappointing from an EV perspective.

I think the only EV-related news has been the promise of a Jeep Gladiator 4xe in 2025.

I was at least hoping for more news about the Ram Rev PHEV.
Sponsored