• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

UPDATED: then the 'BEES' came out!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Successful 'manual update' today with latest update sitting in my que: wondered why it hadn't update after several overnights where 'seemingly' there would be not issues - apparently it doesn't tell you WHY it hasn't updated, only that several 'things' must be in place for the update to occur, but not WHICH one caused any issue...
(originally the truck had not been plugged into power for several days)

I plugged in the truck about 7:28. It started charging.

I started the UPDATE about 7:30 this morning.
  • this required me to turn the truck to accessory mode to access the center screen(PRO SR)
  • I requested to MANUALLY update
  • It then told me to turn the truck OFF, and exit the vehicle, closing the door.
  • the current 'charging' stopped, but the blue ring stayed lit, for a while.
  • the center screen, after the 2 minute countdown, changed to 'Update to take about 40 minutes'.
This is when the 'BEES' started coming out!
The Front AND Rear INVERTER/CONVERTERS started 'buzzing' wildly while the 'work' was being done.
Busy Bees!

This took place for about the next 15-20 minutes, as the VIDEO will tell...

Finally, the 'buzzing' stopped, and several minutes later, the UPDATE was complete.

Maybe this 'buzzing' happens at every update, who knows, but it was an eye-opener. I never thought that the Inverter/Converters would have anything to do with a software update. Oh well.

I noticed, too, that while this update mentions 'doors and windows', which I have no issues with, I see no real 'changes' after the update, although I also don't know what issues or changes this would even be applying to.

Ford F-150 Lightning UPDATED: then the 'BEES' came out! update-updated-
Sponsored

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
my honey doesn't like bees...

oh well

sonny2244

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F 150 lighting
Occupation
retired
I came home from the store the other day and shut the truck off and it said there was a update so I just hit update now and went into the house. I went outside a little time later and the truck was buzzing and I was just hoping that it would start after the update and all was OK but it sure was strange to here that coming from the front and back of the truck.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Reason this happens is the update shuts down some of the communication busses in order to do the update. This makes modules freak out that they can't communicate so they go into a failsafe mode as protection, for instance running pumps at 100% duty cycle. This results in noises you don't normally hear.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I got the bees for 24-PU0105-CMR-FX and 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2. I did both of these manually like you did and hung around while it updated.
But the other inhibit updates were overnight so they may very well have done the same thing.

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
sorry, the video 'BEES' are alive now...
Sponsored