• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

And then there were two!

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Keeping my Atlas Blue Lariat but Bosslady was jelly so we got her one too. Stone grey XLT ER for about $52k. Welcome to the family Lightning Numero 2

Ford F-150 Lightning And then there were two! PXL_20240415_010442162
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Congrat's, I can not convince the Secretary of My Treasury to own or drive a pickup truck, nevermind a Lightning.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, BMW 3 series
Occupation
Engineer
You don't have to enable one-pedal driving on the Lightning. I don't like the LIghtning's one-pedal mode (it's too "jerky" for my taste), and my wife doesn't like one pedal driving just on principle, so we don't enable it on our Lightning.

OP
OP
Zaptor

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Long day but worth it, lot of driving but picked it up at Kendall Ford of Marysville, Washington a bit North of Seattle... might have been the easiest transaction I've had in a dealership working with John Wright and Ryan Fitzgerald there. No haggling, just told them what I had seen others paying and what I wanted to pay, and they made it happen. $7500 Fed + $7500 Ford + $6500 dealer + $1500 Tesla conquest cash was a pretty good discount on an ER and went a long way to soothing my chap over paying full-rip MSRP a year ago for my Lariat ER. Looking forward to twice the adventure since now I can pull the travel trailer and she the raft or quads :) Very happy to be AFAIK the first two-Lightning household <3
Cheers all
-Zap

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dan C

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning lariat, 2022 Chevy bolt
Occupation
retired
You don't have to enable one-pedal driving on the Lightning. I don't like the LIghtning's one-pedal mode (it's too "jerky" for my taste), and my wife doesn't like one pedal driving just on principle, so we don't enable it on our Lightning.
I dont use the one pedal in my lightning it is to severe. I do use it in my Chevy Bolt as it seems smoother. My 2018 bolt didnot have one pedal in reverse and that was way better. It is uncomfortable to try to backup an modulate the throttle

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Long day but worth it, lot of driving but picked it up at Kendall Ford of Marysville, Washington a bit North of Seattle... might have been the easiest transaction I've had in a dealership. No haggling, just told them what I had seen others paying and what I wanted to pay, and they made it happen. $7500 Fed + $7500 Ford + $6500 dealer + $1500 Tesla conquest cash was a pretty good discount on an ER and went a long way to soothing my chap over paying full-rip MSRP a year ago for my Lariat ER. Looking forward to twice the adventure since now I can pull the travel trailer and she the raft or quads :) Very happy to be AFAIK the first two-Lightning household <3
Cheers all
-Zap
Zap, congrats.

We did the same with 2 2023 Tesla Model Ys. 2nd for my wife cost a lot less than first. But when you “Dollar Cost Average” it, the sting on the first one wasn’t so bad :)

So did you keep the Tesla? We now have 2 Teslas and one Lightning, plus a Diesel F-450 Platinum to tow the 5th wheel.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Nice, mine liked my "sporty" Mach-e vs the Lightning. She likes the speed, but not the lumbering handling lol. She has a Challenger GT AWD and always wants sporty cars. I'm probably getting her a new Corvette either late this year or next depending on a few things.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 23 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
I dont use the one pedal in my lightning it is to severe. I do use it in my Chevy Bolt as it seems smoother. My 2018 bolt didnot have one pedal in reverse and that was way better. It is uncomfortable to try to backup an modulate the throttle
Im in the same boat. Bolt Euv one pedal feels just right. Use it all of the time. Bonus is it’s button on the console so it can be easily disabled since my wife doesn’t like it. The Lightnings regen is much stronger and can only be disabled via screen. So i just leave it off.

OP
OP
Zaptor

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Zap, congrats.

We did the same with 2 2023 Tesla Model Ys. 2nd for my wife cost a lot less than first. But when you “Dollar Cost Average” it, the sting on the first one wasn’t so bad :)

So did you keep the Tesla? We now have 2 Teslas and one Lightning, plus a Diesel F-450 Platinum to tow the 5th wheel.
We're going to clean the Tesla up and sell it. It's a decent vehicle and very quick, but the F-150 is much more of a Swiss army knife of utility, does everything the Tesla does (and better in most cases) and the Tesla fell short this winter in the snow and rain where my Lariat ER plowed through unchallenged. Every time we have 3 or 4 vehicles we find that one of them sits unused, so we try not to sit on depreciating assets and pay insurance on them when the use case changes. One day, when all the chores are done, I'd like to add a manual rwd 2-door back into the fleet, but other shiny things are sucking up any disposable income for the moment.
Cheers!
-Zap

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zaptor

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Nice, mine liked my "sporty" Mach-e vs the Lightning. She likes the speed, but not the lumbering handling lol. She has a Challenger GT AWD and always wants sporty cars. I'm probably getting her a new Corvette either late this year or next depending on a few things.
My gal came from a 2021 STI to the Model Y and definitely appreciated the speed but said the handling left much to be desired, as did power management/distribution (squirrely in rain and snow) and likes to drive quickly but appreciated the safety conversation about being in a larger vehicle while people are driving increasingly crazy out there. The C8 is magnificent, I only wish it came with a manual, but the E-Ray in particular, being awd, is a dream machine. Hope it works out for you!
-Zap

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Yes, one pedal is my preference, and I love it. I have offered to go onto a deserted road and drive in the non-one pedal mode, and no dice.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
We're going to clean the Tesla up and sell it. It's a decent vehicle and very quick, but the F-150 is much more of a Swiss army knife of utility, does everything the Tesla does (and better in most cases) and the Tesla fell short this winter in the snow and rain where my Lariat ER plowed through unchallenged. Every time we have 3 or 4 vehicles we find that one of them sits unused, so we try not to sit on depreciating assets and pay insurance on them when the use case changes. One day, when all the chores are done, I'd like to add a manual rwd 2-door back into the fleet, but other shiny things are sucking up any disposable income for the moment.
Cheers!
-Zap
I understand your logic. I Florida we don’t have to deal with snow and cold.

I agree that the lightning is more like a Swiss knife. The Tesla is easier to park on grocery runs and Dr visits. Dr visits are more and more frequent at 77 years old. ;)

We travel between our house and our remote cabin about 4-5 times a month. We like to keep 1 Tesla permanently at each house. That way when we arrive with the Lightning we always have 2 vehicles at the house. You never know when one vehicle will become incapacitated and you need a “spare”.

The lightning is my preferred vehicle. We plug in 120v powered coolers in the truck bed and fronk when traveling between houses. There’s also room for the 2 dogs and parrot in the back seat.

The only slightly down side is time to recoup charge with our Tesla Wall connectors. It takes 50% longer to recharge the Lightning compared to the Teslas due to the truck’s efficiency compared to the Y.

OP
OP
Zaptor

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rodeo clown
I understand your logic. I Florida we don’t have to deal with snow and cold.

I agree that the lightning is more like a Swiss knife. The Tesla is easier to park on grocery runs and Dr visits. Dr visits are more and more frequent at 77 years old. ;)

We travel between our house and our remote cabin about 4-5 times a month. We like to keep 1 Tesla permanently at each house. That way when we arrive with the Lightning we always have 2 vehicles at the house. You never know when one vehicle will become incapacitated and you need a “spare”.

The lightning is my preferred vehicle. We plug in 120v powered coolers in the truck bed and fronk when traveling between houses. There’s also room for the 2 dogs and parrot in the back seat.

The only slightly down side is time to recoup charge with our Tesla Wall connectors. It takes 50% longer to recharge the Lightning compared to the Teslas due to the truck’s efficiency compared to the Y.
I hear you, yeah we live on a mountain (also rather rare in FL haha) and do get snow, usually feet of it, every winter. Staying at our other property nearby is one of the reasons for doubling up on the Pro Power trucks; we have a travel trailer and about 17 acres (12 fenced) not too far from our primary residence that we camp and play at and let the dogs run wild in their own private dog park.

We're working on running shore power to the RV spot, but having the ability to just plug the trailer's electrical into the truck's bed and simply drive the one truck home (it's not far at all, close enough to ride an ATV or tractor there from the main house) and swap it for the charged one is priceless, and a feat the Tesla could not manage. We've got a Ford Charge Station Pro at 80A for wicked fast charging and an Emporia with load management for the times we need to charge two EVs at once without popping breakers.
Cheers
-Zap

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I hear you, yeah we live on a mountain (also rather rare in FL haha) and do get snow, usually feet of it, every winter. Staying at our other property nearby is one of the reasons for doubling up on the Pro Power trucks; we have a travel trailer and about 17 acres (12 fenced) not too far from our primary residence that we camp and play at and let the dogs run wild in their own private dog park.

We're working on running shore power to the RV spot, but having the ability to just plug the trailer's electrical into the truck's bed and simply drive the one truck home (it's not far at all, close enough to ride an ATV or tractor there from the main house) and swap it for the charged one is priceless, and a feat the Tesla could not manage. We've got a Ford Charge Station Pro at 80A for wicked fast charging and an Emporia with load management for the times we need to charge two EVs at once without popping breakers.
Cheers
-Zap
You sound like my kind of person.

Our remote cabin is 125 miles from home. It’s in a gated unique community. https://ihammock.net/ We have 3 acres where the dogs can run and play. It also has 2,600 acres of preserve with over 100 miles of private trails and s everal hunt areas. It’s an 8 mile round trip to the mailbox with our Kawasaki Side by Side. Most residents have several horses.

The community also has it’s own private grass airstrip. Wife and I are private pilots and love waking up on Sunday morning to the sound of a round engine Stearman overflying the cabin.
Ford F-150 Lightning And then there were two! IMG_3073
Ford F-150 Lightning And then there were two! IMG_5687
Sponsored