• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Water in rear light bar

SebR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
My sensor for the power tailgate is faulty. So my tailgate will go up/down randomly while i am not around the truck. Short term resolution is to select manual mode for the tailgate. Setting resets to power mode every 5 days or so... so then the tailgate goes back to random up/down.

So my dealer just got the 'lense' to replace, the water in the light bar issue. Ive been waiting since late november. I am curious to see what kind of fix that is. Will talk to them about this when i bring it in next week.

Other than the tailgate issue, truck has been great. Even during -15C trips!
Sponsored

Sonoran Dweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning
I first noticed condensation in the light bar in late Oct. I didn't pay much attention at the time. Thought it would dry up.

After reviewing this thread, I went to check last night and discovered that both the light bar and two white lights are completely inoperative. They will not illuminate - whether stepping on brake, put in reverse or turning on zone lights (two white lights). Can't recall if the light bar is supposed to remain lit at night. Rear camera still works.

Haven't received a return call from local dealer yet. When we finally meet should I request both the light bar assembly and tailgate cap be ordered? Any other parts that should be ordered?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I first noticed condensation in the light bar in late Oct. I didn't pay much attention at the time. Thought it would dry up.

After reviewing this thread, I went to check last night and discovered that both the light bar and two white lights are completely inoperative. They will not illuminate - whether stepping on brake, put in reverse or turning on zone lights (two white lights). Can't recall if the light bar is supposed to remain lit at night. Rear camera still works.

Haven't received a return call from local dealer yet. When we finally meet should I request both the light bar assembly and tailgate cap be ordered? Any other parts that should be ordered?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR Lightning Lariat
@Ford Motor Company – I just had this issue w/ water building up in the tailgate (red) light bar as well. Theres so much water in there, I could keep a goldfish as a pet in the tailgate. Unexpected feature! lol.

10k and this is my first issue – but sad. Seems like this is so rampant that it should have be flagged as a recall (?)

Calling my dealer first thing in AM.
Maybe I should have them order a couple for me ;)

Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Dealer ordered a replacement for me. Broken in the box. The second one came in and I have an appointment for tomorrow.
I have an appointment for the 21st, and I'm worried that even with the Service Bulletin, they're going to take a look at it and tell me to take it back at a later date to replace it. That will piss me off.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@Ford Motor Company – I just had this issue w/ water building up in the tailgate (red) light bar as well. Theres so much water in there, I could keep a goldfish as a pet in the tailgate. Unexpected feature! lol.

10k and this is my first issue – but sad. Seems like this is so rampant that it should have be flagged as a recall (?)

Calling my dealer first thing in AM.
Maybe I should have them order a couple for me ;)
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning, Bronco Badlands, 1968 Mustang
Occupation
MD Director of Technology
Definitely take your truck in my tailgate is now randomly going down on its own and the lights back there were all flickering. The dealer replaced the light bar quickly but can't seem to fix the tailgate issue. I have been without my truck for 3 weeks and 2 days so far and nothing has worked

Sponsored

YOALEXUS

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150 lightning lariat
Yes, I posted pictures of my tailgate lights, all have water too. I've got an appointment for the 9th with my dealer.
Is this check going to cost anything because mine has the same problem and i want to get it checked but im wondering if theres a cost

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Is this check going to cost anything because mine has the same problem and i want to get it checked but im wondering if theres a cost
No cost. 100% factory defect issues that are warrantied. Mine was replaced a little over a month ago and it’s been good so far 🤞

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
No cost. 100% factory defect issues that are warrantied. Mine was replaced a little over a month ago and it’s been good so far 🤞
Down the road when outside of warranty these things are easily one to two grand. Hopefully mine are good or fail under the 3yr warranty. Crazily enough most all extended warranties don’t even cover these either once regular warranty over.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Down the road when outside of warranty these things are easily one to two grand. Hopefully mine are good or fail under the 3yr warranty. Crazily enough most all extended warranties don’t even cover these either once regular warranty over.
That's why I got the additional 2 years from Granger. I added on the lights piece too. I do not wanna be on the hook for something that by then will probably cost like 5k
Sponsored