• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET]

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
But...

If you order online you will not be able to have order form signed by dealer (making it a contract) locking in purchase price and any verbal "No ADM". Also, there will need to be paid $1,000 deposit somehow. Remember the horror stories from MME about dealers breaking promises later.
My dealer uses DocUSign . The document states no ADM and will not be over MSRP . No need to go in the dealership at all .
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
My dealer's GM had called Monday and said we'd finalized it all online, I'd submit the order and he can accept it remotely. We'd chat on the phone and good to go. I don't plan to drive to the dealership until he calls and says its here.

Considering 99.75% of times when the dealer is like "oh you gotta come in person to finish this" they're usually up to no good, or trying to upsell you. Just saying: ask yourself why others can finalize online, but apparently you can't ; )
Everyone can finalize online, that's not the problem. The problem is people who are doing an online order for the first time and come delivery time realize that the dealer has added this and that to the final price. Can you dispute it if you have no signed paperwork? And who said I cant finalize online?

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] 1641396028159

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The online order will show the amount of ADM that the dealer is applying. The additional deposit will be collected as part of the online order process. The "somehow" will be the same as the "somehow" that was used to collect the $100 reservation deposit. The horror stories from MME orders usually involved people not paying attention to the order information that was staring them in the face. It's 2022 for crying out loud.
There were actually a lot of people who got screwed over by dealers who did not discuss the ADM until delivery. The online order did not count as a contract, and there was nothing stopping dealers from changing the price at the last minute. Although most dealers didn't do this, many people did have this happen and shared their stories through the forums or media outlets.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
The same time second, third and fourth waves take delivery....June 2022
Source? Production starts at the end of March, and this source is the playbook posted a few days ago. Production starts at the end of Q1 CY2022, and Q1 ends at the last day of March.

I haven't seen anything about June, only "Spring" - which also starts March 20th

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Anybody get a e-mail at the 10:00 eastern hour?
I'm starting to hear rumors that Wave 1 is only for non reservation holders ie You tubers, Instagramers
Source? Production starts at the end of March, and this source is the playbook posted a few days ago. Production starts at the end of Q1 CY2022, and Q1 ends at the last day of March.

I haven't seen anything about June, only "Spring" - which also starts March 20th
My source is on this forum who has already said Job 1 is scheduled for April, expect the worst hope for the best. June 2022. Besides springs ends at the end of May and just like "Orders begin Fall 2021" they just need to deliver 1 truck Spring 2022, which they will.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
So this is basically another clickbait 'jump the gun" thread that devolves into a bunch of other talk :) . I'll say it again, no need to ask if anyone got the email. When someone does they will post it. Let's be patient. I'm pretty sure the Admin will also create a tracking thread just like the reservation tracking thread.

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
My source is on this forum who has already said Job 1 is scheduled for April, expect the worst hope for the best.
Could you link me to that source please? Would love to be educated. The playbook, posted on Monday, in the pinned official thread, says March! Perhaps things change? When did your source post this vs the official playbook from 4 days ago?

Doesn't matter, was just wanting to read what you read, rather than a paraphrase! Was curious

OP
OP

Jer1983

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Electrician
I'm starting to hear rumors that Wave 1 is only for non reservation holders ie You tubers, Instagramers
this would make sense, my dealer is pretty candid about what he does and does not know. As of yet he says he has not heard anything from Ford today.

My feeling is wave one is going to be a lot of special interests and a small test group.

Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I know that we just need to be patient and let the process play out and be appreciate to our beloved Ford overlords, but would you agree that if this is true, it's kind of a jerk move by Ford?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
There were actually a lot of people who got screwed over by dealers who did not discuss the ADM until delivery. The online order did not count as a contract, and there was nothing stopping dealers from changing the price at the last minute. Although most dealers didn't do this, many people did have this happen and shared their stories through the forums or media outlets.
Those who ordered a MME online and had a copy of their original price makeup were able to contact Mike Levine at Ford and he intervened to stop this dealer BS. Thereā€™s an entire thread about this on the MME forum.
Thereā€˜s a line item on the online pricing called ā€œAdjustment to MSRP.ā€ If that line was zero, it means no ADM and the dealer needs to honor that. Those who didnā€™t know about contacting Ford to intervene either paid the extra or walked away from the transaction. The dealers actually preferred the latter so they could sell off the lot with even more markup.

OP
OP

Jer1983

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Electrician
I know that we just need to be patient and let the process play out and be appreciate to our beloved Ford overlords, but would you agree that if this is true, it's kind of a jerk move by Ford?
Not really, they are a business. Imagine if I told you you couldnā€™t advertise your house thatā€™s for sale.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Could you link me to that source please? Would love to be educated. The playbook, posted on Monday, in the pinned official thread, says March! Perhaps things change? When did your source post this vs the official playbook from 4 days ago?

Doesn't matter, was just wanting to read what you read, rather than a paraphrase! Was curious
I've said it before on here that Job1 is slated for April. That is what we've been told at the plant. It cloud have changed. We're not always up to date on everything.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Those who ordered a MME online and had a copy of their original price makeup were able to contact Mike Levine at Ford and he intervened to stop this dealer BS. Thereā€™s an entire thread about this on the MME forum.
Thereā€˜s a line item on the online pricing called ā€œAdjustment to MSRP.ā€ If that line was zero, it means no ADM and the dealer needs to honor that. Those who didnā€™t know about contacting Ford to intervene either paid the extra or walked away from the transaction. The dealers actually preferred the latter so they could sell off the lot with even more markup.
There were several other posts by people who contacted Ford who were unable to get help. Ford can't make a dealer sell at a specific price. All Ford offered some people in this situation was help switching dealers after their vehicle had been delivered with a surprise markup.

I am aware Ford helped resolve this for some buyers, but those examples mean nothing to the other buyers Ford was unable to help avoid the last minute ADM.
Sponsored

Last edited: