• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Nothing to do but wait.

I have been in contact with my dealer, and even though I am number 10 in line... I know I won't be at wave 1. I know I can't move myself along faster, and I currently have a nice 21 F150 Lariat PB at the moment that I just picked up a few months ago.
Certainly there is nothing to do but wait, but Ford still sucks at this. And it's surprising just how badly they suck at this because this is the third highly anticipated release in the last 3 years.

I recognize that part of the problem is that the dealer model is broken. But Ford could absolutely do a better job at forecasting anticipated order dates. Sending everyone an email that says orders will begin at the beginning of the year and then having that limited to 1% of reservations?
Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
For 2022 overall, it will be closer to 1 in 10 get to order, not 1 in 100. The 1 in 100 is just for the first wave (i.e. tomorrow). More slots will open up in 2 week intervals.
The whole idea of "waves" in 2 week intervals is from a dealer guide. But the official communication said nothing about that. And maybe I"m unreasonable, but if you had asked me last week when Ford sent the email how many reservation holders would get to place an order in the first week, I definitely would have guessed more than 1%.

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
The whole idea of "waves" in 2 week intervals is from a dealer guide. But the official communication said nothing about that. And maybe I"m unreasonable, but if you had asked me last week when Ford sent the email how many reservation holders would get to place an order in the first week, I definitely would have guessed more than 1%.
The reality is sinking in that there just aren't very many 2022 builds available to go around. If 20,000 are built out of 200,000 reservations, that means the average dealer with 100 reservations will only get 10 total. Divide that by 6 waves and it's not going to get much better than 1 or 2 for each wave for many dealers. Larger dealers will obviously have more but it's just not very many per dealer.

I went from thinking I needed to be ready to make a decision in the first couple of waves to doubting I will get a 2022.

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anyone actually received the email from Ford that they are in the first wave and can submit an order? In a couple of places, Ford has said wave 1 emails have already been sent. I haven't seen any mention here of anyone receiving them. I've been told by my dealer that I'm in wave 1 and will be receiving an email tomorrow (the 6th). I would have thought I'd get the Ford email before now.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
For 2022 overall, it will be closer to 1 in 10 get to order, not 1 in 100. The 1 in 100 is just for the first wave (i.e. tomorrow). More slots will open up in 2 week intervals.
I think that since W1 (wave 1) will be small so they might start W2 early.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Has anyone actually received the email from Ford that they are in the first wave and can submit an order? In a couple of places, Ford has said wave 1 emails have already been sent. I haven't seen any mention here of anyone receiving them. I've been told by my dealer that I'm in wave 1 and will be receiving an email tomorrow (the 6th). I would have thought I'd get the Ford email before now.
Believe me, when someone gets the email, we will know!! It will be the golden ticket.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
Oh boy… you can cut the tension in here with a spoon it’s so thick!

Everyone saying 1 per dealer is so low, etc etc… we are talking about a brand new plant that has made, what, maybe a hundred of these things and now it’s going to get an order for 2000+ orders in one day (not to mention all the ones that are going to dealers as test mules, so probably double that number). Just chill. The idea of ramping up means, go figure, that it starts slow and builds to more. Life lessons 101.

Cynics: “They better not F this up the way they did the Bronco orders, it was a free for all!”

Also Cynics: “They better release everyone’s order on day one!!”

We can’t do it both ways. Patience is what you need. If you expect it to be in your driveway tomorrow, get an ICE machine to hold you over.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
We can’t do it both ways. Patience is what you need. If you expect it to be in your driveway tomorrow, get an ICE machine to hold you over.
I already do - 2021 F150 Lariat PB. Thats cause someone took over my lease in December and I needed a truck vs SUV. I hope I can get an even trade (ie not have negative equity).

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
In the 30 page dealer guide for converting reservations to orders, it shows on page 14 that Platinum & Lariats are due in the Summer 2022, while XLTs are Fall 2022, and Pro Fall 2023! I wonder if this is fairly accurate since announcing a speed up in production. I worry about getting the Fed tax credit of $7500 if Ford reaches the 200K mark too soon.
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning Orders - Granger Ford image showing production dates for lightning models 400% from REservation to Order Guide p14

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
In the 30 page dealer guide for converting reservations to orders, it shows on page 14 that Platinum & Lariats are due in the Summer 2022, while XLTs are Fall 2022, and Pro Fall 2023! I wonder if this is fairly accurate since announcing a speed up in production. I worry about getting the Fed tax credit of $7500 if Ford reaches the 200K mark too soon.
image showing production dates for lightning models 400% from REservation to Order Guide p14.png
This is an old placeholder version. If you look it says the Platinum has an Ecoboost motor.

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Audi RS3
I went from thinking I needed to be ready to make a decision in the first couple of waves to doubting I will get a 2022.
Same here. Was thinking I might be a few waves away from ordering in the next month or so to probably getting a temp vehicle while waiting for the Lightning.

17th out of "a couple hundred orders" has me thinking it will definitely be next year for a Lariat build.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I'm actually a little surprised at how reserved and calm this thread is. The potential that less than 1/100 reservations will be invited to order and that some states will get priority over others is pretty irritating and I would have thought it would piss a lot more people off.

How mature of everyone to just wait and see (which is sort of counter to being on a forum like this anyway)
I think most of us here wanted to see the Build and Price. We know that Ford isn't a small company and will eventually start pumping these out. At least for me, waiting helps more incentives come in.

jthespartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Lariat
I spoke to my dealer yesterday. I was informed I’m in Wave 1 and at the top of the order banks. I was asked to build my Lightning via Build & Price and send my dealer the spec. Based on my understanding, they’re going to convert my rez to an order tomorrow on my behalf.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Oh boy… you can cut the tension in here with a spoon it’s so thick!

Everyone saying 1 per dealer is so low, etc etc… we are talking about a brand new plant that has made, what, maybe a hundred of these things and now it’s going to get an order for 2000+ orders in one day (not to mention all the ones that are going to dealers as test mules, so probably double that number). Just chill. The idea of ramping up means, go figure, that it starts slow and builds to more. Life lessons 101.

Cynics: “They better not F this up the way they did the Bronco orders, it was a free for all!”

Also Cynics: “They better release everyone’s order on day one!!”

Ford has delayed ordering for months. And nobody is saying that they should release everyone's order on day one. That's nonsense. Nobody is arguing that. But it is not unreasonable to expect that, say, 2% of the reservations would get to order on day one. My dealership supposedly has 700+ reservations. It's not crazy to expect, based on Ford's prior communications, that 25 or so would be in wave 1. It's not cynical to think that 1-3 out of 700 is very very low. If Ford knows ordering will be that sparse, then it has approached this in the wrong way.

Also, nobody is expecting it to be in our driveway tomorrow. But, if you reserved one in the first few minutes of the system opening, it's not unreasonable to expect that you will get one in the summer or early fall.

And, if Ford has a brand new plant that is just getting going, then they have screwed up in their communications. Which is the huge problem they had with the bronco launch. Covid-19 and limited chips and supplies wasn't Ford's doing, but it was Ford trying to keep everyone on the hook despite being completely unable to hit any goals.

And Ford sold 17.1 million units in 2019. That's 46,800 units per day. And you are suggesting that 2000 orders on day one is a lot? Ford is advertising like crazy that they are increasing production to 150,000 units and they are going to start orders this week. SO is it really that unreasonable to expect that you'd be a day 1 order if you are in the top 2% of reservations?
Sponsored