• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What in the......

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
If there is a market for tailgate stickers, there must be one for wheel stickers....right?! :rolleyes:

Reactions: GDN

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
I know they are "aero" but the stock LIghtning wheels are all pretty tacky themselves IMO, the low trim wheels actually look better to me, but I put 20" Racelines on my Lariat 3 days after picking it up because the stockers look like appliance wheels. These stickers do sort of fix the acres of shiny metal on the Platinum wheels IMO... but also my opinion that if you can swing a Plat you should probably just get some aftermarket wheels.

OP
OP
Peddyr

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
If there is a market for tailgate stickers, there must be one for wheel stickers....right?! :rolleyes:
I'm sure there is a miniscule market of those limited number of lightning owners who have those specific wheels, but to compare them to a decorative tailgate sticker which can fit any modern F150 is like comparing apples and bowling balls. Is that your etsy page? ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Peddyr

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I know they are "aero" but the stock LIghtning wheels are all pretty tacky themselves IMO, the low trim wheels actually look better to me, but I put 20" Racelines on my Lariat 3 days after picking it up because the stockers look like appliance wheels. These stickers do sort of fix the acres of shiny metal on the Platinum wheels IMO... but also my opinion that if you can swing a Plat you should probably just get some aftermarket wheels.
I agree on the stock wheels which is why I'm looking at aftermarket myself. Living in New England I would give these maybe 2 years before they succumb to the salt, snow and sand, not to mention the many car washes.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
People plastidip their wheels all the time so, there's probably a tiny market for this. I guess someone thought it was at least worth the effort to create

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I'm sure there is a miniscule market of those limited number of lightning owners who have those specific wheels, but to compare them to a decorative tailgate sticker which can fit any modern F150 is like comparing apples and bowling balls. Is that your etsy page? ;)
Hence, the rolling eyes.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
People plastidip their wheels all the time so, there's probably a tiny market for this. I guess someone thought it was at least worth the effort to create
Vinyl wheel stickers like this seem to be super popular in a lot of user groups. Tons of accent stickers for wheels and everywhere else on your car are available for Teslas, Rivians, Porsches, etc.. It all looks like complete ass to me. A sticker is just a sticker.

It's like Plastidip on your wheels. Give 'em the ol' ghetto powder coat. Even if done well, they look good from far, but are far from good.

All the factory wheel options for the Lightning are 'meh' at best. I like the styling of the XLT / Pro wheels the best, but they look cheap and crappy up close. XLT ER / Lariat wheels actually look better in person than I expected, but are just plain and boring. The 22" Platinum wheels are probably the nicest, but 22" on this truck is a no-go if I want to actually use it as a truck. They don't ride quite as nice and tires are more expensive. They're also unnecessarily heavy with that mostly solid "aero" face on them. Range takes a hit too...

I know, I'm being all judgey and hateful. People can just like what they like...

Sponsored

jlwillia6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Silverado, ‘23 Lightning Lariat ER (ordered)
I would never put stickers on my wheels, but it does look better. The platinum wheels are arguably the ugliest of all Lightning trim wheels. I saw someone on here that powder coated them black and they looked great!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have to feel sorry for the designer that spent months working on the wheel designs and the biggest fans of the vehicle all hate it.
Then some kid comes along and slaps some stickers on there to 'fix' it. 😆

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
What a scam! the sticker sheet only has 21 pieces but you need 24 for all 4 wheels. :cool:
But wait there's more ....Order a second sheet for the many times one or more will peel off.....
Sponsored

Last edited: