• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What terrible person does this?

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I have the Ring Dashcam. Works great but if you have it set to battery use = high and truck sits for a couple of days without use, you’ll get a 12v battery warning on your Lightning. I think the truck catches the condition before the camera shuts off due to low 12v battery. I haven’t had any issues as the 12v charges back up the next time I drive.
Now looking at a compact lithium battery pack that has 12V output.
Charges while driving and DashCam uses it to power when off.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 1999 Corvette Roadster
Occupation
Real Estate
Not surprising to anyone, but apparently we still live in a world where people are just downright rude.
I walked out to the truck today in a parking lot and it appears likely that someone keyed the truck 🤬.
I was in 4 public lots this morning and never parked right next to anyone or taking up 2 places. I have nothing political on my truck to invite any poor behavior. So…someone decided to vandalize my truck…and for what? At least thieves take something…this a$$ hat did nothing for themselves, but damaged my vehicle.

Likely $1500 per the body shop, might try and find a cheaper alternative to get it mostly better. Body shop manager said they’ve seen a lot of EV’s getting damaged/keyed recently. He agreed it seemed likely intentional key damage. Pictures don’t quite do it justice.

Any others out there that have had a similar experience with someone vandalizing their truck??
IMG_3392.jpeg
IMG_3393.jpeg
It may be too late now, but it's possible that a nearby camera may have caught the perp on video. Possibilities would include retail stores, the shopping center facility and even Tesla's parked nearby. Using your phone to photograph nearby vehicles (license plates) & stores may help find out what happened. The phone photos may also ID other people who may have seen what happened.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
It may be too late now, but it's possible that a nearby camera may have caught the perp on video. Possibilities would include retail stores, the shopping center facility and even Tesla's parked nearby. Using your phone to photograph nearby vehicles (license plates) & stores may help find out what happened. The phone photos may also ID other people who may have seen what happened.
What you say is true. The info recorded belongs to those that own the cameras. They do not have to share the info with anyone.

Greg K

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Another reason I wish Ford will send an update for the truck's cameras to operate like Tesla's Sentry Mode.

Sponsored

Greg K

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Ford need to sell an accessory to make it like Tesla with recoding idiots doing this stuff.

I wonder if it is a guy from the body shop you take it to that did it.
Ford partnered with Canopy. But, it's main purpose is to record your unsecured truck bed. It's supposed to notify you if it identifies someone is stealing something from the bed.

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Vandalism at its peak...
We were looking last fall at a corbonized gray on a rural lot - scratched in nearly the same place!

OP
OP
DiveMan911

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
Could it be an accident. shopping cart ?
Anything is possible, but the pattern/shape of the scratch doesn’t line up with a shopping cart, it’s too “freehand” and wavy.

One business owner reviewed her cameras on the phone with me and nothing sounded suspicious...she sounded sincere and wanted to help. One of the businesses never returned phone calls, another never even answered their phone and the third said they don’t have cameras in their parking lots.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Anything is possible, but the pattern/shape of the scratch doesn’t line up with a shopping cart, it’s too “freehand” and wavy.
I had my door dented the first week I got the truck by a shopping cart. It does not look like that. I left the dent as is. An imperfect truck is much easier to enjoy.

It is possible someone that parked next to you had an idiot kids or adults that were not careful loading something in a tight spot (an accident). Just saying it is possible that it was not on purpose. People that key your car often leave longer lines. At this point, you are doing more damage to yourself obsessing about it. Let it go.

OP
OP
DiveMan911

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
I had my door dented the first week I got the truck by a shopping cart. It does not look like that. I left the dent as is. An imperfect truck is much easier to enjoy.

It is possible someone that parked next to you had an idiot kids or adults that were not careful loading something in a tight spot (an accident). Just saying it is possible that it was not on purpose. People that key your car often leave longer lines. At this point, you are doing more damage to yourself obsessing about it. Let it go.
I assure you, I’ve long since let this go. This post was created months ago, and a few people had recently engaged with it…so I was adding some clarity. Could this have been an accident, for sure (read all my replies)…but it doesn’t appear that way.
Ultimately, I did not spend the money to have it repaired…I bought some touchup paint for the deep gouge and polished it out to the best of my ability. I’m over it, it’s just part of this trucks story now.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
With apologies to Buffalo Springfield,
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
First read this thread a few days ago. Went shopping at Sam's Club today. Trundled along with my cart back to my white F-150, and Holy Shzzz! there was a hole punched in the windshield down by the driver's side registration sticker, and a big crack arched up into the driver's field of view. When I looked up at the driver's side top corner, there was a little crack arc up there, too.

Then I stepped back to take it all in and realized I was looking at an F-150 4x4, ~identical in color and overall silhouette to my truck, and my truck was two spaces further away behind me, over my shoulder! And the owner arrived at the truck bed of his 4x4 to load his shopping into the truck. He didn't seem too bothered by the ding in his windshield as to how it impeded his driving (not sure it's even legal!). He was politely curious about my EV and chuckled when I told him I almost had a heart attack when I mistook his truck for mine. Having previously read through this thread, thoughts of "Some ICE bastherd did this ...🤬" were racing through my mind as I gazed at the wrong truck.
Sponsored

Last edited: