• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What terrible person does this?

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
@FordMotorCompany
How about giving us owners the ability to expand the value of the 360 degree cameras already installed on our expensive vehicles by allowing them to record incidents like these?
Sponsored

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
That reminded me to ask: what (parked capable) dashcam do ya'll recommend?

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
Unfortunately probably more likely some greenie thinking they're just keying a large vehicle and not realizing it's an EV. No shortage of stories of trucks and SUVs being targeted. Either way, still pretty pathetic to target someone's property regardless of where you fall.
only people to give me crap for driving a 7,000 pound EV are my friends with red hats. Then I give them a ride in launch mode and their attitude changes quickly.

More likely this truck was keyed by some juvenile delinquent. I wonder if other vehicles were also hit. I hope the OP filed a police report just so local popo can track it with any similar events.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Beyond politics, it's disheartening that people carry so much anger in the hearts they would deface your vehicle. I've never understood it. I have friends from all walks of life, it turns out we are all capable of being very close friends despite differences in religion, politics, and life stories. I hope it was an accident just for the sake of believing people can be better than this.

I've always imagined in another timeline had that person met you in another circumstance, you could be close friends, and yet because they saw your truck they key'd it. Never understood that desire to just cause someone harm. No attempts to see them for more than the car they drive. I don't know, kinda rambly, I just don't enjoy all the negativity it feels like I see in the world, especially when there's so many more positive things we could bond over and share.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m being forced into EV’s

I’m going to key this EV

I’m all about LAW AND ORDER

:rolleyes:

Id like to think someone with a backpack accidentally did it and it wasn’t intentional. Sadly I’m probably wrong

Dperez523

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
Not surprising to anyone, but apparently we still live in a world where people are just downright rude.
I walked out to the truck today in a parking lot and it appears likely that someone keyed the truck 🤬.
I was in 4 public lots this morning and never parked right next to anyone or taking up 2 places. I have nothing political on my truck to invite any poor behavior. So…someone decided to vandalize my truck…and for what? At least thieves take something…this a$$ hat did nothing for themselves, but damaged my vehicle.

Likely $1500 per the body shop, might try and find a cheaper alternative to get it mostly better. Body shop manager said they’ve seen a lot of EV’s getting damaged/keyed recently. He agreed it seemed likely intentional key damage. Pictures don’t quite do it justice.

Any others out there that have had a similar experience with someone vandalizing their truck??
IMG_3392.jpeg
IMG_3393.jpeg
Sorry man, people suck

jeaneliep17

First Name
Jean Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Architect
Not surprising to anyone, but apparently we still live in a world where people are just downright rude.
I walked out to the truck today in a parking lot and it appears likely that someone keyed the truck 🤬.
I was in 4 public lots this morning and never parked right next to anyone or taking up 2 places. I have nothing political on my truck to invite any poor behavior. So…someone decided to vandalize my truck…and for what? At least thieves take something…this a$$ hat did nothing for themselves, but damaged my vehicle.

Likely $1500 per the body shop, might try and find a cheaper alternative to get it mostly better. Body shop manager said they’ve seen a lot of EV’s getting damaged/keyed recently. He agreed it seemed likely intentional key damage. Pictures don’t quite do it justice.

Any others out there that have had a similar experience with someone vandalizing their truck??
IMG_3392.jpeg
IMG_3393.jpeg
I am sorry brother; my truck is almost two months old and i refuse to park it next to other cars and still got keyed.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
This is terrible, but you’ll be happier if you don’t try to read any motive into it. You’ll just be reinforcing some preexisting bias and might not even be blaming the right stereotype.

The person who did this is an asshole. That is all you really know about them.

Assholes have been keying cars of all types since time immemorial.

Sponsored

2sleep

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue, 2008 Prius
Occupation
Retired
I think this falls into the class of "I don't have anythig nice so why should you" mentalities.

brtnstrns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tacoma; 2022 Polestar 2 LRDM
Had someone/something do something similar to my Tacoma tailgate. I always prefer vibrant colors on my vehicles if the option is available, so my Voodoo Blue Tacoma stands out.

Basically one long key mark down the width of the tailgate. Could have been some weird accident or could have been someone that just assumed I'm deserving due to my vehicle choice.

It sucked for sure, but ultimately I got it repaired by a reputable shop and got on with my day.

Sometimes strange accidents happen; sometimes people are just assholes for no reason. Not much you can do about it either way unfortunately. Definitely feels violating when someone messes with your crap for no reason though.

Last edited:

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
Pretty much why I'd never bought a new vehicle until this truck. The fact that people don't care is just downright frustrating. Even now I park in the back of lots or at least 10 empty spots from others and I walk out sometimes to see someone parked right next to me.. I just don't get it. I'm the crazy guy walking up next to my car and holding my arms out the length of a car door to see where their door would have hit my truck :p
Just today I"m sitting in Truck after a nice gym workout. A woman pulls up next to my truck and I see her door would most likely hit my side mirror, so I fold it in before she gets out. I then hear something against my truck and as she walks away I see she has a dangling lanyard of 20 keys just swinging from her backpack which tapped the side.
Figure I'll just wait about 3years then get some badass satin wrap on the truck to hide the BS dings and scratches we are all bound to get.
-end rant

OP
OP
DiveMan911

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
This is terrible, but you’ll be happier if you don’t try to read any motive into it. You’ll just be reinforcing some preexisting bias and might not even be blaming the right stereotype.

The person who did this is an asshole. That is all you really know about them.

Assholes have been keying cars of all types since time immemorial.
This is where I’ve landed. I completely agree…there is zero ability for me to understand one’s motives in this case. He/She is still a very (I’ll use my clean words)…terrible person for this…but assigning a reason can’t be a part of my frustration.

And for those that have suggested it could have been an accident…it very well could have…but it seems incredibly unlikely based on the depth.

I’m certainly not loosing any sleep over it. What’s done is done, and it’s unfortunate…but when I consider all the things in the world that could be plaguing me…a scratch on my truck hardly seems like something I should get too worked up about. Thanks all for your words of wisdom, care and/or camaraderie.

Last edited:

gj00101

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
360 degree dashcam ?

Still waiting for my Ring Dashcam - over 6 months waiting...
I have the Ring Dashcam. Works great but if you have it set to battery use = high and truck sits for a couple of days without use, you’ll get a 12v battery warning on your Lightning. I think the truck catches the condition before the camera shuts off due to low 12v battery. I haven’t had any issues as the 12v charges back up the next time I drive.
Sponsored