• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What terrible person does this?

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
Not surprising to anyone, but apparently we still live in a world where people are just downright rude.
I walked out to the truck today in a parking lot and it appears likely that someone keyed the truck šŸ¤¬.
I was in 4 public lots this morning and never parked right next to anyone or taking up 2 places. I have nothing political on my truck to invite any poor behavior. Soā€¦someone decided to vandalize my truckā€¦and for what? At least thieves take somethingā€¦this a$$ hat did nothing for themselves, but damaged my vehicle.

Likely $1500 per the body shop, might try and find a cheaper alternative to get it mostly better. Body shop manager said theyā€™ve seen a lot of EVā€™s getting damaged/keyed recently. He agreed it seemed likely intentional key damage. Pictures donā€™t quite do it justice.

Any others out there that have had a similar experience with someone vandalizing their truck??
Ford F-150 Lightning What terrible person does this? IMG_3392
Ford F-150 Lightning What terrible person does this? IMG_3393
Sponsored

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
Sorry that happened to you. What is wrong with people??? Don't get why someone would do that. Even if they are for some reason anti-EV, obviously damaging someone's property doesn't make the owner go back to gas...

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
So sorry to see that and to hear itā€™s happening often.

Unfortunately, I image it has more to do with our tragically divided political divide. Seems anything that is good for our environment causes great displeasure with some. šŸ™šŸ˜”

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I always park away from other vehicles. I had a fellow pull up next to my Jeep Gladiator and intentionally fling his door open trying to do damage to my Jeep. The Gladiator had rock rails and they only thing the fellow succeeded in doing was putting another dent in the door of his beater.

He took off when he saw me walking his way.

There are a lot of degenerates in this world.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Watching........

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Not surprising to anyone, but apparently we still live in a world where people are just downright rude.
I walked out to the truck today in a parking lot and it appears likely that someone keyed the truck šŸ¤¬.
I was in 4 public lots this morning and never parked right next to anyone or taking up 2 places. I have nothing political on my truck to invite any poor behavior. Soā€¦someone decided to vandalize my truckā€¦and for what? At least thieves take somethingā€¦this a$$ hat did nothing for themselves, but damaged my vehicle.

Likely $1500 per the body shop, might try and find a cheaper alternative to get it mostly better. Body shop manager said theyā€™ve seen a lot of EVā€™s getting damaged/keyed recently. He agreed it seemed likely intentional key damage. Pictures donā€™t quite do it justice.

Any others out there that have had a similar experience with someone vandalizing their truck??
IMG_3392.jpeg
IMG_3393.jpeg
I noticed a similar size scratch on my hood a month or two ago, not cool. I chalked it up to a kid in a grocery store parking lot or something hopefully. Thought about trying paint correction myself this fall anyways so might see what I can do.

Gullwing

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
So sorry to see that and to hear itā€™s happening often.

Unfortunately, I image it has more to do with our tragically divided political divide. Seems anything that is good for our environment causes great displeasure with some. šŸ™šŸ˜”
Unfortunately probably more likely some greenie thinking they're just keying a large vehicle and not realizing it's an EV. No shortage of stories of trucks and SUVs being targeted. Either way, still pretty pathetic to target someone's property regardless of where you fall.

loveurdj

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Manager
Terrible you could only hope that it was an accident, I like to think the best of society but who knows, I kinda think about that when I leave my truck in public.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Ford need to sell an accessory to make it like Tesla with recoding idiots doing this stuff.

I wonder if it is a guy from the body shop you take it to that did it.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
360 degree dashcam ?

Still waiting for my Ring Dashcam - over 6 months waiting...

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Got a ding on my door the first week. I parked the truck in middle of the lows parking lot with nothing around. Some dude managed to leave a shopping cart on top of the hill so it can speed up enough before it hit my truck. At least I am hoping this is what happened and it was not on purpose. I donā€™t plan to fix it. It is a truck.

I never thought Lightning would get keyed but now I am thinking about taking the letters Lightning out hoping these idiot couldnā€™t tell the difference with an ICE F150.

If any of you catch one of these people, ask them what they are thinking before you do what you need to do.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
So while this could be malicious, It's also likely that it was accidental and/or negligent. It's belt height and someone squeezing between cars or between your car and an open door may have a knife beltloop or keyring attachment or conceal/carry beltloop etc. that could have done this. I know - I did it to my own truck (my previous pickup, thank goodness!). It's the exact height for this. Either the person didn't realize they did it or they did and don't have the morals/wallet to correct their own behavior. Viewing it this way may calm down the spidey senses a bit and ease up the anxiety during future parking lot visits hopefully!

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

IMG_3392.jpeg
IMG_3393.jpeg
Yes, my Lightning was similary "keyed" a couple of months after I got it. Cost a grand to get it repaired.
Sponsored