• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When will Ford start converting more reservations to orders again?

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Any Idea if/when Ford will start converting more reservations to orders again?

A couple of suggestions:
1- Ford could publish the reservation date on which they are currently working, i.e. converting reservation dates to orders. This would be a good heads-up for reservation holders to pay more attention to their emails and stay in contact with their local dealers
2- to take the press off the F-150 line, Ford - and every other EV manufacturer - should offer bidirectional charging (AKA Intelligent Backup Power) across their EV model line. The batteries don't have to be the size of the F-150's to potentially be very useful on our increasingly unreliable electrical grid.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
They will open this summer for 2023 models to be produced in Fall and beyond.

Can't do bidirectional charging unless the vehicle has a DC to AC inverter. The F-150L does. The Mach-E does not.

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
LOTS of variables!

• Ford has not released future allocations to their dealers so there is no way to know who is next.
  • Plus you have a lot of people who have extended their invitation to order for a MY'23 (XLT or Pro).
  • Then you have dealer prioritizations which cuts the line ahead of others.
  • Finally, ZEV states seem to get the majority of the LIghtning orders so your reservation time stamp may not mean much....

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Can't do bidirectional charging unless the vehicle has a DC to AC inverter. The F-150L does. The Mach-E does not.
The intelligent backup power (“bidirectional charging”) feeds DC through the EVSE to an inverter in the HIS. It does not use the on board inverter. I still don’t think Ford will allow it to work with the MME, at least until the system is field proven with the Lightning.

But in theory, if you have the Charge Station Pro and the HIS, there is no technical reason it couldn’t work with any EV that has the correct DC battery voltage.

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
So far whenever Ford mentions a season it’s been the very end of the season. So if they say ordering for 2023 MY starts in summer I wouldn’t be surprised if that means September or October

Sponsored
OP
OP

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
The intelligent backup power (“bidirectional charging”) feeds DC through the EVSE to an inverter in the HIS. It does not use the on board inverter. I still don’t think Ford will allow it to work with the MME, at least until the system is field proven with the Lightning.

But in theory, if you have the Charge Station Pro and the HIS, there is no technical reason it couldn’t work with any EV that has the correct DC battery voltage.
Don't you have to have circuitry to allow a Charge Station Pro to draw power from an MME or whatever battery? If you can do that, what's to prevent using the generator port of a hybrid inverter like the Sol Ark? Just get a voltage transformer if the battery doesn't output what the inverter needs.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don't you have to have circuitry to allow a Charge Station Pro to draw power from an MME or whatever battery? If you can do that, what's to prevent using the generator port of a hybrid inverter like the Sol Ark? Just get a voltage transformer if the battery doesn't output what the inverter needs.
Yes, the CCP cord has a combo CCS connector to draw power (400VDC) from the battery.

The gen port requires 240 VAC. You would need an inverter to get that from the battery voltage. In theory, you could take the output of the HIS and feed the Sol Ark…but that seems overly complex and inefficient. Why incur two sets of inverter losses?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
They will open this summer for 2023 models to be produced in Fall and beyond.

Sooner than that if all the dealers didn't get their allocations fulfilled in wave 6. Current invitations sent out April 12th went through yesterday. If nobody converted, it goes to the next on the list.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Sooner than that if all the dealers didn't get their allocations fulfilled in wave 6. Current invitations sent out April 12th went through yesterday. If nobody converted, it goes to the next on the list.
How do you know 6th wave invited orders went thru yesterday ?

I got a final wave invite on 4/12 from unfulfilled order, extended orders, and unconverted reservation.

I was very lucky as a 2nd day reservation holder to get a leftover allocation.
I chose a $0 ADM dealer, high allocation dealer (50 slots), and in a ZEV state....

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
How do you know 6th wave invited orders went thru yesterday ?

I got a final wave invite on 4/12 from unfulfilled order, extended orders, and unconverted reservation.

I was very lucky as a 2nd day reservation holder to get a leftover allocation.
I chose a $0 ADM dealer, high allocation dealer (50 slots), and in a ZEV state....
Ford F-150 Lightning When will Ford start converting more reservations to orders again? Capture.PNG

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Yes, the CCP cord has a combo CCS connector to draw power (400VDC) from the battery.

The gen port requires 240 VAC. You would need an inverter to get that from the battery voltage. In theory, you could take the output of the HIS and feed the Sol Ark…but that seems overly complex and inefficient. Why incur two sets of inverter losses?
How expensive is the HIS (Home Integration System?)? If I already have solar and a Sol Ark, could I just get an inverter to convert the 400VDC to the 240V required by the Sol Ark generator port at less cost and without voiding warranties? If not, will the HIS play nice with the Sol Ark?

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
1- Ford could publish the reservation date on which they are currently working, i.e. converting reservation dates to orders. This would be a good heads-up for reservation holders to pay more attention to their emails and stay in contact with their local dealers
They aren't really going in reservation date order, so this wouldn't provide any useful info.

Some of the people who have converted reservations to orders reserved on day 1, others reserved much later.

Meanwhile there are an awful lot of people who reserved on day 1 and still have not been invited to place an order.

Dealer allocation and dealer prioritization processes made the reservation dates somewhat moot.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This.

My dealer got 9. I'm 72 on the list. Yet they are a top volume dealer.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How expensive is the HIS (Home Integration System?)? If I already have solar and a Sol Ark, could I just get an inverter to convert the 400VDC to the 240V required by the Sol Ark generator port at less cost and without voiding warranties? If not, will the HIS play nice with the Sol Ark?
I think there’s more to it than that. The Charge Station Pro and the HIS communicate with each other. The HIS tells the CSP “we lost grid, send me 400 VDC.“ Then, the HIS fires up its inverter, switches off the grid connection and powers the house. Normally, with grid-tied solar, the solar gets shut off when the grid is lost, so it’s out of the picture.
If the solar setup includes battery to power the home on loss of grid, it’s an entirely different scenario. There has to be some intelligence to decide if the house runs on the solar storage backup, or the EV backup and how those two play nice with each other. I quite honestly don’t have all the answers.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Depending on which Sol Ark and your install, the cheapest solution would be to connect the 240V bed outlet to you generator input on the Sol Arc (nice product btw). Otherwise the HIS would replace the Sol Arc.
Sponsored