• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

While we wait for Ford's OTAs, here's what Tesla dropped today

Jarratt

First Name
Jarratt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Tacoma, Model 3, Lariat Max Tow, lng range
More fart sounds and stuff that you can do with CarPlay. My 2009 Fusion has been able to call 911 for the last 13 years. They didn’t mention that they removed Disney+ because Musk is having a spat with Bob Iger.
I despise Telsa infotainment. The fact that t won't support CarPlay/AndroidPlay integration is a reflection that they treat customers as cattle and have zero interest in listing to feedback.

Tesla has great coding chops and everything works well. I much prefer my Lightning's much friendlier software.
Sponsored

Jarratt

First Name
Jarratt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Tacoma, Model 3, Lariat Max Tow, lng range
It also demonstrates why the lack of use input (Android Auto/CarPlay) is more than just a convenience issue, it's a control issue. With a Tesla, if Elon gets into a spat and a former cooperative company doesn't wanna play ball, you lose your access to that content and ability to consume it on your vehicles systems.

But if you have a vehicle that still allows for Android Auto or Carplay, you can literally buy a module that turns your infotainment system into a tablet and decide exactly what you want to watch, do or listen to.

And this isn't just me being a Tesla hater, I feel the same way about GM removing AndroidAuto and CarPlay functionality from all their new vehicles and new EVs.
Agreed. I have never owned a Ford pre-Lightning I am so impressed with its type of support and interest in feedback. Our Tesla is the opposite. It's great in many respects, but couldn't care less about me. Trying to interact with TSLA outside its very locked-in app is a fools errand.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Not directly associated with this just this update but what I miss when driving my Lightning vs. my Tesla:

1- Ability to watch Netflix in the car while my wife is in the store shopping.
2- Garage door opening by itself when i approach the garage
3- Signal lights turning off automatically after changing lanes
4- Able to set charge limits on the fly with APP as vehicle is being charee at home
5- Able to set the charge rate withe the APP on the fly
6- Able to see if the doors are left unlocked with the APP
7- Able to use my Apple Watch as a key
I’ld like all of those if your listening @Ford Motor Company .

YosemiteSam

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Builder
This is not true at all, most of their update come like this:

IMG_0438.jpeg

But they are better at their major updates.
This is cnn level cherry picking misrepresentation that is below an ev related forum. Scroll down in that menu and it details the updates included in the .44 release.

Pandering much?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This is cnn level cherry picking misrepresentation that is below an ev related forum. Scroll down in that menu and it details the updates included in the .44 release.

Pandering much?
Yes I understand that. This update it’s minor fixes replaced the previous one with minor fixes. But again, not every update from Tesla comes with a detailed explanation of what was update which is why I said “Most”…. But yeah “CNN”.

Tesla still beats Ford with details in the Major updates but those in betweeners are the same.

Sponsored

TheJackel2013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I’d rather have an available and working truck for a reasonable price than an unavailable $120k “Foundation Series” surcharge on a truck that they can’t produce the batteries for. If the Ford software isn’t as slick, it’s more than made up by the fact that Apple CarPlay is available.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I’d rather have an available and working truck for a reasonable price than an unavailable $120k “Foundation Series” surcharge on a truck that they can’t produce the batteries for. If the Ford software isn’t as slick, it’s more than made up by the fact that Apple CarPlay is available.
Well they are producing batteries for the Cybertruck, slowly just as any line ramps up. How many Lightnings were built the first few months.

You know the biggest difference, there won't be 4% to 10% or more of the cyber trucks with battery issues that may leave you stranded or without your truck for 4 to 6 weeks at a time.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I know we all have preferences, but for me no one can match Tesla Infotainment and Auto controls and software distributions. The sheer speed at which it works is amazing. There are 2 or 3 web sites that get the details on most every release and document what is in each one. The integration is all there. I use CarPlay simply because Ford navigation can't find my destinations the majority of the time. It works for navigation and music, but Tesla still beats CarPlay hands down. Routing, battery preheating, charging, seamless, you never even think twice about it. I could never do that in the Lightning. In fact I keep my printed spreadsheet of given miles per kW just to make the charging simple and easy to guess at.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Ford never gave me a loaner once!

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here ever been offered a loaner car/truck because of a recall repair on your Lightning because it was going to take "All day" to repair? I'm dropping my truck off for lightbar and steering wheel recall. This will be the 2nd time for me dropping the truck off for the same recall. Would it be crazy to ask for a loaner car for the day, or would I just be embarrassing myself?

Sponsored

The Quiet Man

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 MINI Cooper S, 2023 Lightning Lariat
Just out of curiosity, has anyone here ever been offered a loaner car/truck because of a recall repair on your Lightning because it was going to take "All day" to repair? I'm dropping my truck off for lightbar and steering wheel recall. This will be the 2nd time for me dropping the truck off for the same recall. Would it be crazy to ask for a loaner car for the day, or would I just be embarrassing myself?
I bought my truck out-of-state and the local dealer ( Bill Cowell Ford ) has provided me with a loaner for every recall and other servicing visits that have taken more than a couple hours. Have always had this with the the last 4 Ford vehicles I’ve had.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
I have been offered a loaner for the CSP 23B70 (battery monitor sensor replacement) which should take about 30min to install. I tried to get a mobile appointment but they refused.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Yes, my dealer has provided a loaner for all recalls that were going to take more than 3-4 hrs. Now sometimes the service dept didn’t have one (so they said), but my sales rep always came through with one.

Worked out well for him. My wife was driving a 2022 Maverick that need an airbag replacement and that turned into a trade for a used 2020 Explorer Platinum.

It never hurts to ask, but know that it is a dealer option and some are more accommodating than others.
Sponsored