• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

While we wait for Ford's OTAs, here's what Tesla dropped today

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
We have vastly different experiences. Unlike AP, Blue Clues won’t phantom brake or just completely stop working once the sun goes down. AP loves to lunge forward and stop like 20 cars behind, it truly is trash since the sensors were taken away.
My companies Tesla has tried to kill me on multiple occasions with phantom breaking at highway speed. Sounds like it's not just me. And the control algorithm that starts the car moving after coming to a stop is awful. It accelerates so hard it throws you back in your seat, only to hard break when it catches up with the car in front of it.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
My companies Tesla has tried to kill me on multiple occasions with phantom breaking at highway speed. Sounds like it's not just me. And the control algorithm that starts the car moving after coming to a stop is awful. It accelerates so hard it throws you back in your seat, only to hard break when it catches up with the car in front of it.
Thats exactly my experience. The lack of sensors has made AP worse.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Question: when my hands aren’t on the wheel, what am I supposed to do with them?
You can't even look away long enough to change the radio on the infotainment without getting nagged. About the only thing I really found hands-free good for was snacking or eating while driving. Even taking a long drink got me nagged.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You can't even look away long enough to change the radio on the infotainment without getting nagged. About the only thing I really found hands-free good for was snacking or eating while driving. Even taking a long drink got me nagged.
I have noticed that 6.13 has improved this to a certain extent, but I haven't tested in out that much.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I'm not saying all these updates are meaningful, but Tesla just sent a nice set of updates to my car today. Hopefully Ford will be able to match this level someday.

tesla-updates.jpg
Not sure if there will be a day that Ford can "match" Tesla.

Tesla is like a Wayne Gretzky or Michael Jordan compared to other good players.

Reactions: GDN

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I’ve had Teslas for almost 7 years, and my Lightning for 1 year. I prefer Autopilot because unlike BlueCruise, it doesn’t cut out almost every time there is a bend in the road. Question: when my hands aren’t on the wheel, what am I supposed to do with them?
You could put your hand in your armpit and make fart noises to mimic your Tesla. (y)

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
to peddyr: Why didn't I think of that?

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
All I want for Christmas is fords software to stop moving like a turtle, receive my incoming texts 100% of the time, understand my voice 100% of the time, and allow me to adjust my charge limit without having to do it twice for it to take.

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I’m really struggling to see what I’m missing from this update by not having a Tesla.
Not directly associated with this just this update but what I miss when driving my Lightning vs. my Tesla:

1- Ability to watch Netflix in the car while my wife is in the store shopping.
2- Garage door opening by itself when i approach the garage
3- Signal lights turning off automatically after changing lanes
4- Able to set charge limits on the fly with APP as vehicle is being charee at home
5- Able to set the charge rate withe the APP on the fly
6- Able to see if the doors are left unlocked with the APP
7- Able to use my Apple Watch as a key

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Tesla's world is boring. The adventurous life we have with our trucks is on a different level. Our trucks are individualized. Each of us have a different combination of updates. No two trucks are the same. We get to discover on our own, like a scavenger hunt, the feature that have changed. What has improved, what is broken. None of this would have been possible if we were told what has changed. Numbers for software updates are just as random. Two different updates with the same number or one with no numbers. Anything goes. Discovering that sharing driving data in the truck turns on charging details in the app makes you wonder what else you are going to discover next. Tesla guys are missing out on all the fun.

Mystery is the spice of life!

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
You mean the massive recall of nearly every Tesla ever built? oh...its just a software setting not requiring Tesla to pay a dealer, give loaner cars, etc...got it. :)

Rivian has been really good about monthly-ish updates that come fairly well documented. it is good to see what to expect in the behavior.

I would just like Ford to stop turning my Propulsion sound back on with every update. Someone really wants me to be comfortable with my move from ICE. At least the stopped disabling 1-pedal driving at the same time. That caused a somewhat close call the last time.
Ford never gave me a loaner once!

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
The Disney+ removal takes Musk’s petulance and pettiness to a new low.
It also demonstrates why the lack of use input (Android Auto/CarPlay) is more than just a convenience issue, it's a control issue. With a Tesla, if Elon gets into a spat and a former cooperative company doesn't wanna play ball, you lose your access to that content and ability to consume it on your vehicles systems.

But if you have a vehicle that still allows for Android Auto or Carplay, you can literally buy a module that turns your infotainment system into a tablet and decide exactly what you want to watch, do or listen to.

And this isn't just me being a Tesla hater, I feel the same way about GM removing AndroidAuto and CarPlay functionality from all their new vehicles and new EVs.
Sponsored