• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

XLT OEM Bed Lights Install

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
The lights seem to overlap slightly more the covers. But even without a bed coating they were a pain to pry out. I had a couple pry marks that lights covered up.
Well, I guess if I mar the lining while popping them out, the Line-X is covered by a lifetime warranty, right? I would hope Line-X would make it right if it came to that.

But, like I said, I have no particular itch to add the bed lighting at this point in time.
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Well, I guess if I mar the lining while popping them out, the Line-X is covered by a lifetime warranty, right? I would hope Line-X would make it right if it came to that.

But, like I said, I have no particular itch to add the bed lighting at this point in time.
In hindsight if I was to do it again I would drill two finger size holes in the dummy cover and pull them out.

Reactions: s_c

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
In hindsight if I was to do it again I would drill two finger size holes in the dummy cover and pull them out.
I pried a little under the switch dummy before realizing how it popped out, so there were some marks left but not the end of the world.

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
if i install the lights without using Forscan, will they just not work at all? looking now into how to use forscan... but was curious if they just wouldnt work at all without it.

OP
OP

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Correct, would not work without Forscan unless you used a non oem kit. There are other kits that would require wire taps and split into existing wiring.

Sponsored

Jernat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry hybrid, Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Starkey kit was an easy install. No Forscan. Tap into 3rd brake light ran wires inside frame.

Ford F-150 Lightning XLT OEM Bed Lights Install 7A7D7CB1-9E63-4772-9126-FB080473521D

Ford F-150 Lightning XLT OEM Bed Lights Install AA7E25F3-64A1-4467-B896-3BA3577D81B5

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I world highly recommend the OEM parts. The LED color matches the rest of the truck perfectly. You are not saving much money by trying to go generic, below was my invoice.

Not to mention Zone Lighting integration, built in switch.

Ford F-150 Lightning XLT OEM Bed Lights Install Screenshot_20230126_194208_Outlook

Last edited:

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
I world highly recommend the OEM parts. The LED color matches the rest of the truck perfectly. You are not saving much money by trying to go generic, below was my invoice.

Not to mention Zone Lighting integration, built in switch.

Screenshot_20230126_194208_Outlook.jpg
Anyone know if these will work on a 22 Pro without zone lighting?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Anyone know if these will work on a 22 Pro without zone lighting?
They will work, I believe one of the others on this forum did the install without Zone Lighting and it worked. I just don't think you will gain "Zone Lighting" by installing them.

The setting you toggle in Forscan is for Bed Lights, I didn't enable anything seperate for Zone Lighting, they just happen to work with the Zone Lighting feature.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
They will work, I believe one of the others on this forum did the install without Zone Lighting and it worked. I just don't think you will gain "Zone Lighting" by installing them.

The setting you toggle in Forscan is for Bed Lights, I didn't enable anything seperate for Zone Lighting, they just happen to work with the Zone Lighting feature.
Ok, thanks. Do you know if Zone Lighting was available to you before the forscan edit?

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ok, thanks. Do you know if Zone Lighting was available to you before the forscan edit?
Yes, I believe it was enabled due to my Tow Tech Package. The bed lights and parts shown will work without ZL. You also get a nifty switch.

OP
OP

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
My XLT doesn’t have zone lighting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro

I have a pro without zone lighting (actually, I don’t have any options!) and I haven’t been able to get them to work. I followed the OP instructions. Admittedly, I haven’t poked around in FORScan to see if there’s anything obvious my zero option truck needs to enable to get them to start working.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have a pro without zone lighting (actually, I don’t have any options!) and I haven’t been able to get them to work. I followed the OP instructions. Admittedly, I haven’t poked around in FORScan to see if there’s anything obvious my zero option truck needs to enable to get them to start working.
Yeah, following OP instructions including Forscan changes should work. Forscan can also be weird sometimes, sometimes you need to cycle power via ignition and even drive the truck before all options take.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Interesting. I can enable the zone lighting on the screen with Forscan but when trying to turn it on it doesn’t actually work. I don’t have the tow tech pkg though. This was on the list to try to figure out in the future.
How did you enable zone lighting through forscan? Can you give me the instructions? I want to try it as well.
Sponsored