• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Thanks for the write-up. Seems like a great experience. Out of curiosity did they explain how/why they picked the lucky few that got to attend the event?
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ha! Some were surprised to learn we didn't have one on order. Darren did not offer to let me cut the line. 😭
I think if they invited you, your order should be pushed to the front of the line and shown to the world today !

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
My summary - it drives like an F-150 Mach-E. Everything felt the same, except the turning radius which matched the gas truck (we have a 2013 F-150).

Again, I will state that they read the forum threads and nothing I said seemed to be new information to him.
These two statements confirmed what I've wanted to believe all along. Acceleration is easy to quantify, but handling is another, and EVs carry their enormous weight very well.

As for listening to their customers and reading forum threads, I think this is key with a "software defined car" that can be improved iteratively throughout its life. It seems like Ford "gets it" and I think it will help build brand loyalty the same way Tesla's improvements have. Good ideas can come from anywhere so it's good to hear they're turning over all the rocks.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ford F-150 Lightning Attended F-150 Lightning Launch Event -- Writeup, Photos, Max Payload, GVWR F150LightningTestTrack_3G2A6661

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
In a couple of years there will also be a used BEV market.
There's already one. I see that people are buying and trading these things in 6 months or less when a new model or trim comes out because they can double or triple dip a tax credit and then sell the vehicle for MSRP+ and make $7500 for driving a vehicle for 6 months.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Thank you Rick, for your write up! I’ve never owned a truck and can’t remember the last time I actually drove a truck. I guess I need to get in an F-150 ice and drive it before driving the Lightning demo at my dealers later, just so I can appreciate the difference. Looking forward to another report, have fun!!
I would definitely recommend it, especially if you've never driven a vehicle that large.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
I would definitely recommend it, especially if you've never driven a vehicle that large.
biggest vehicle ever driven by someone, instant electric torque, direct relationship with a Mustang (Mach-E), what could possibly go wrong? 🤔😜

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
biggest vehicle ever driven by someone, instant electric torque, direct relationship with a Mustang (Mach-E), what could possibly go wrong? 🤔😜
700+ hp, 0-60 in 4ish seconds, weighing in at 6000+ lbs.
I hope those who have never driven a pickup take it easy for a while. And even those that have, this is going to be a considerably quicker than most.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
700+ hp, 0-60 in 4ish seconds, weighing in at 6000+ lbs.
I hope those who have never driven a pickup take it easy for a while. And even those that have, this is going to be a considerably quicker than most.
yeah I have driven big things before and EVs before, but I'm still going to be careful at first, because it's a whole different ball game when you put those two together 😂

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I hope the brakes are up to the task. Hauling 6500+ pounds to a stop is no easy task.
They do get assisted by the Regen function, but from the pictures we have seen they are substantial.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Great advice. It's been costing us a few hundred dollars a week but my wife has been using the RAM for running around town. After a few days of adjustment she now thinks her Touareg is small and can't wait for the F150! :)

The GTI was to the Touareg as the Touareg is to the RAM! One of the reasons I decided to keep both trucks and nothing else once the Lightning comes home is the ridiculous size of EVs. Airbags and structural design put passenger safety lightyears ahead of what it used to be even just decades ago but the roadways are going to be a battle of the masses in more ways than one.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Perfect testing weather! Did they give out any Swag?
Yes. I got to take home a Lightning, free for 3 years. ;)

Well, not exactly. Tee shirt and coffee mug for car.