• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
In a few days can you let us know how the ride is? Outside the electric power train, meaning how does it ride compared to other pickups you have owned/driven. ie Ram, Toyota, GM. Some videos said it was floaty,
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
That’s going to be tough, that’ll take me 3 months.
3 months? It’s only 10 hours at 100mph. One day, easy peasy! Start early you’ll be done by dinner time!

OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
In a few days can you let us know how the ride is? Outside the electric power train, meaning how does it ride compared to other pickups you have owned/driven. ie Ram, Toyota, GM. Some videos said it was floaty,
I have driven lots of trucks throughout my life and will be sure to compare it to them. Tomorrow we are going on an extended road trip. I plan on capturing the mileage, charging network feedback, how much luggage I can get in the frunk, etc. I will be sure to come back and report out

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
I have driven lots of trucks throughout my life and will be sure to compare it to them. Tomorrow we are going on an extended road trip. I plan on capturing the mileage, charging network feedback, how much luggage I can get in the frunk, etc. I will be sure to come back and report out
As I’m waiting for my Antimatter Blue Platinum I’m curious about:

1.) Unleashed Audio system (are you a music guy and what are you comparing it to)?

2.) How are the massaging seats?

3.) Did you get thefully reclining seats, and if so how is that?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
That’s going to be tough, that’ll take me 3 months.
Brings to mind the motorcyclist Iron Butt Association, 1000 miles in 24 hours, it should be possible in the Lightning even with charging stops, start with a SOC of 100% drive to 20% rest & charge to 80%, wash, rinse, repeat

Greased Lightning! ⚡️

First Name
Mex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2019 Land Rover Discovery HSE
Occupation
El Jefe
Spoke with Ford PR. Looks like I am the first.

Location & Dates info:
  • Michigan Resident
  • Platinum Trim
  • May 20, 2021 - reservation
  • Jan 7, 2022 - order date
  • April 18, 2022 - build date
  • May 26, 2022 - delivery date
I wanted to mention that my dealership carried the exact quoted price, and there is no dealer fee on top of what my build+taxes already included. Granted, it's a tiny town and Richardson's is known to take care of folks, but given the posts of others, I wanted to mention they were doing the right thing.

Okay everyone, what can I answer for you?

Updated with Q&A with members:

62 miles. I haven't set up Alexa. Had meetings I had to run back home to take

If the truck is unlocked you can hit the button under the lip

I am going camping in the next week or two. I will report back actual range

Unless it comes on at night, no. I tried playing with the settings and ambient is on max

Mine does have the spray-in bed liner. The sidesteps are manual, but interestingly have lights at the backs. I hadn't seen that prior

Yep they charged it overnight

I had to sign a paper stating I understood the charger was coming at some point. The mobile one came with it in the frunk, but I will be waiting on the other one for a tad is my guess

Two things:
  1. Sunrun, who is the ford partner, doesn't service Michigan of all places!
  2. The documentation is murky for more complex installs. I have solar, batteries in the basement, and a propane generator. I am not sure how to even start looking at the install electrically

No

They apparently used it around the track is what we were told.

It showed built, but then not much else. The estimated shipping update hit when the dealership called to let me know it was there :)

No, they did not. I buy vehicles and run them until they die, so not sure I am high risk enough to ask that.

Yeah, it's been a pretty crazy and happy afternoon! I love these moments where my work at Blueprint Power and personal life collide. I get really excited about what this truck represents and how excited everyone is about it. From my farming family to the random group of internet strangers/friends here.

Just such a nifty moment to be part of.

firstdeliveredf150lightning.png

1-jpg.jpg

2-jpg.jpg

3-jpg.jpg

7-jpg.jpg
I’ve seen you two on many websites today. Looking good! And the truck looks ok too.

Mdesigns

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning, 2014 CLS550 Eurocharged
Occupation
Designer/builder
Congrats!!!
It would be cool if you get a chance to put a tape measure around the interior frunk dimensions. I've only seen volume (400 L) and weight (400 lbs) capacities. I'm looking at getting some stacking tool storage/bins etc to organize the frunk for work and am not sure of the sizes that may work.
Cheers and enjoy.

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
Judging by the photo he was already fortunate and now has a really cool truck too.

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
3 months? It’s only 10 hours at 100mph. One day, easy peasy! Start early you’ll be done by dinner time!
You left out the 20 hours of recharge time when you attempt to drive 100 mph for 10 hours in a Lightning. It would be more efficient but not nearly as exciting to drive 50 MPH for 20 hours with 3 hours of recharge time

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Wow, this is a fun thread. Just when it looked like there was no movement, your truck shows up!!! Congrats and I’m sure we are all looking forward to help you with the burden of answering questions 😂

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Let the floodgates open!!!