• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/2 Lightning Build Week Group

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I did that way back when (#224).
Well I'll be damned , I missed that when I did a search of the official record earlier.
I have added your record to my version, BTW, could I get your IN PRODUCTION date?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/2 Lightning Build Week Group 1657674994507
Sponsored

Rekoil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbon Lariat ER
Occupation
Basket Weaving
Finally got the built email this morning. Expected delivery 7/15-7/21. Seeing the activity and the location tracking shut off last Saturday makes me guess it was possibly loaded up then. We shall see...

Hell at least its something.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Great News today, the regional director heard back from Ford Logistics Team and they told him it shipped on 7/13 for arrival at railyard on 7/21. They are going to prioritize the unload and have it delivered to the dealer quickly. That is of course if someone remembered to release the hold that was previously on it at the railyard. I do not have a railcar to track it, but I am hopeful this time around.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Great News today, the regional director heard back from Ford Logistics Team and they told him it shipped on 7/13 for arrival at railyard on 7/21. They are going to prioritize the unload and have it delivered to the dealer quickly. That is of course if someone remembered to release the hold that was previously on it at the railyard. I do not have a railcar to track it, but I am hopeful this time around.
That’s awesome news!

Sponsored

pch3

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Hey All - just checking back in after having my truck just shy of two weeks. For those still waiting - the anticipation is definitely worth it. I've already put over 1000 miles on the truck (I won't typically be driving that much) but had a number of summer camp deliveries and road trips for vacation. Going from 2009 tech to 2022 tech takes some getting used to (even for someone who works in the Tech industry) but I'm really impressed with just about everything associated with the truck.

As expected there a pretty significant different between miles / kWh on the highway versus around town. My highway driving with cruise set at 72, not skimping on the AC, and outside temps in the mid 70s was coming in just about 1.9 miles / kWh (considering only the highway portion - things improved with the last 20 miles or so being surface roads). Most of my "regular" road trips are less than 225 so no problem on range with that.

Around town it's much better - I don't have as much solid data there, but 3.0 or better is easy on short trips.

I'm learning the ropes of charging when out and about, but I can say that if you find yourself an Electrify America DC Faster charger (150kW+) you can almost hear the electrons going in. Stopped at one in NH for 30 minutes and gained 46% charge (~30% --> 76%) - The truck was pulling 137kW most of that time. The charger was at a Walmart, but next to a Panera so I ran in for some food, ate it on the tailgate sitting in the sun, chatted with a couple of curious people who had never seen a Lightning and was on my way. Unfortunately those chargers are pretty few and far between in my area, but fortunately I'll be able to do most of my charging at home.

Speaking of home charging. My Ford Pro charging station showed up via FedEx today (coordinated through Sunrun) and I'll be having it installed in a couple of weeks. Due to limitations in my main panel I'll only be set up for 48A, but there is a simple dial adjustment in the charger that can go up to 64A and 80A if I upgrade a couple of things. For now I'm not worried about it based on my driving habits, but it's good to know it seems pretty simple to adjust if needed.

The Ford Navigation App has taken a little getting used to... I haven't quite figured out how to override the chargers it recommends on long trips with others that I want to use instead, but the ability to set up a trip and save it ahead of time helps with planning things out before you jump in the drivers seat.

One feature I've really grown to like is the one pedal driving. I set it up after the first 100 miles or so and haven't looked back since. It's true one pedal driving in that the truck will come to a complete stop as you let up on the pedal. Of course the brake is still there if you need to stop faster than expected, but I've rarely touched the break pedal.

My 2009 was a 6.5 foot bed and so I'm getting used to the shorter bed, but I can tell you it's a hell of a lot easier to park and navigate in tight spaces and the full overhead view and sensor system is a nice extra piece of mind.

I haven't hooked up my car hauling trailer yet or done any kind of towing, but the cameras and tech associated with that look pretty awesome so can't wait to try that out.

One thing that even the fanciest truck in the world can't avoid is bugs.... so my "grill" is plastered with them as well as my windshield and mirrors... but that's summer in New England.

For those still waiting, be patient and best of luck!

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I spotted an Atlas Blue Lightning Lariat on the lot at Orleans Ford in Medina, NY. The wife and I were on our way back from kayaking and took the shot next to my AMB.

Also spotted a Rapid Red Lightning at Dave Smith Ford (where I got mine). Have seen one Atlas Blue Lariat in the wild at the EA charge station nearby...Starting to be some flow. I'm already over 2,340 miles in 5 weeks, so broken in I suppose...

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/2 Lightning Build Week Group 20220714_181101

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/2 Lightning Build Week Group 1658084244870

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/2 Lightning Build Week Group 1658084277418

Rekoil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbon Lariat ER
Occupation
Basket Weaving
Guess I'm the last 5/2 guy here that still is waiting on a truck in CA...

Sponsored

Rekoil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbon Lariat ER
Occupation
Basket Weaving
Damn it…. What’s the latest?
Just heard back from Lynn at the corporate offices today. Her report is showing it's still in Michigan and most likely (lol) won't make my delivery window, which is 7/15-7/21. Still waiting to be delivered onto a carrier.

I don't F'n know what is actually happening anymore.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Just tracked my railcar and it just got to the Mesquite railyard at 1:15 today. Now I just have to hope that Ford removed the hold on the vehicle from the first screw up.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just tracked my railcar and it just got to the Mesquite railyard at 1:15 today. Now I just have to hope that Ford removed the hold on the vehicle from the first screw up.
IF it truly makes it to the dealer, this might require a celebration BarBQ. Where is the fatted calf?

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
That's in Rockwall. I've been there a couple of times.

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

702Raider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat, 2021 Mach E GT
Guess I'm the last 5/2 guy here that still is waiting on a truck in CA...
I’m still waiting on mine also. My dealer said it was delivered to the rail yard here, but it’s still not at the dealership.
Sponsored