• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
I wish my dealer had it together like these others. Mine has been clueless about everything Lightning related. I just got an email from their internet sales manager telling me thanks for my interest in a 2023 Police Intrepid and to call them if I wanted to place an order. *facepalm*

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I wish my dealer had it together like these others. Mine has been clueless about everything Lightning related. I just got an email from their internet sales manager telling me thanks for my interest in a 2023 Police Intrepid and to call them if I wanted to place an order. *facepalm*
Crazy. Doesnt he know the intrepid is an old Dodge?

Sponsored

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Order placed through the backdoor. Spoke to the dealership owner and it is all confirmed. It is showing in WBDO. It will probably get built before my Bronco.

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Geek
Crazy. Doesnt he know the intrepid is an old Dodge?
Clueless. Now she tells me I have to print off my confirmation and bring it to the dealership, sign something, and then have them process the order.

Has anybody ran into this? Sounds like a ridiculous ask to me

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Clueless. Now she tells me I have to print off my confirmation and bring it to the dealership, sign something, and then have them process the order.

If you let the dealer order it you'll lose online visibility.

Did the dealership change hands last year? That seemed to cause some problems if the dealer went through a name change or was sold. You don't want to miss the order, but I'd make very sure you can't get it ordered yourself and keep it tied to your name online. There were rumors of unscrupulous dealers once they got the order in their name in their system.

Where in OK?

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Geek
If you let the dealer order it you'll lose online visibility.

Did the dealership change hands last year? That seemed to cause some problems if the dealer went through a name change or was sold. You don't want to miss the order, but I'd make very sure you can't get it ordered yourself and keep it tied to your name online. There were rumors of scrupulous dealers once they got the order in their name in their system.

Where in OK?
As far as I know, it hasn't changed hands. It's James Hodge Ford in Muskogee. I know it's still owned by the Hodge family but maybe it sold within the family? Good to know that I don't want to have them do anything. I'll push back on coming in and see if I get anywhere quickly.

Reactions: GDN

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I guess they aren't going to build ANY Pros between October 2022 and October 2023.

There may not even BE any MY2023 Pros if these dates are true.

Maybe they're waiting on LFP batteries, but occam's razor says they're just trying to push people to buy the XLT that is $13k more for $1k worth of stuff... or Lariat/Platinum.
I think they should have done this to begin with. Rather than make a tiny amount and disappoint folks, they should have been upfront, allowed more to order, and been clear that they would be scheduled out for ‘23 and beyond. That way they could sell the higher margin trims first, then make the lower ones as production became more streamlined. Better expectations management that way, and I think many would have been fine with this approach. Of course, they had to deliver at least one 40K Pro in order for the marketing.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

I think this is a good thing. While your order is in they have to accept it. From the Order FAQ: "An order request sends your vehicle configuration to your selected Dealer who will then process your order request." It would be good to get them to sign off on the price so you don't get any surprise ADM. They may also want your driver's license to make sure it's really you and an order deposit if you didn't do it online. My son was able to do this via scan and email for his Mach-E though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT someday
How do you Order from the backdoor page? The "Place Order" circle is still nonfunctional.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
How do you Order from the backdoor page? The "Place Order" circle is still nonfunctional.
The Place Order circle is a status not a button. You can only order if you received an invite to order. For the rest of us it will show an order page but it is non-functional. Did you receive an email invite today? Did you get an invite earlier this year that you extended? From your first post you haven't heard anything from Ford. So you can't order yet. Backdoor only works for those who have an invite.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ordered

2023 Pro
Avalanche
Tow Tech Package
Tailgate Step
Spray In Bedliner

Confirmation of price matching the MY22.

Mostly I'm ecstatic that I waited and didn't waste money getting an XLT due to FOMO. I also prefer the Avalanche color to the omitted Iced Blue. Win Win. Now the long wait beings.
Sponsored