• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
10 points for your fine print skills, you should be extremely proud. Did you know fanatical brand loyalty is just another manifestation of tribalism from our crocodile brains?

Anyways, that does me no good. Ford says I can't switch dealers now that I placed the order. Ford is escalating and said they'll look to see if they can let me switch and keep my place but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm so turned off that I'm just going to cancel though, I was already uneasy about paying 63k for a 40k truck.
Well, trolls are gunna troll.

Fanatical brand loyalty? HAHA. If by fanatical brand loyalty you mean doing my research, asking the right questions to the right people, and standing behind what I think is a good purchase...then sure. I have no actual loyalty to Ford, this is the first new Ford I have purchased. Next time you should do your due diligence past asking a random sales associate for information about a refundable deposit way in the future. Not to mention, how many people really believe they wouldn't need to put a deposit down on a $40k-$90k vehicle that a company is manufacturing to your personal preference?

What I posted was literally on Ford's website on a Bold Link that says "Order FAQ's" not some hidden fine print, haha. I get it, you think you were royally screwed, sorry.

Good luck with another EV.
Sponsored

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
10 points for your fine print skills, you should be extremely proud. Did you know fanatical brand loyalty is just another manifestation of tribalism from our crocodile brains?

Anyways, that does me no good. Ford says I can't switch dealers now that I placed the order. Ford is escalating and said they'll look to see if they can let me switch and keep my place but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm so turned off that I'm just going to cancel though, I was already uneasy about paying 63k for a 40k truck.
Since it’s come to this point- do you have it in writing or an otherwise easy to prove format that the salesperson told you it is refundable? Because an employee acting as agent of their employer would usually create a binding contract. In other words, because they told you refundable at first, and you acted in good faith on that information, they would legally need to honor it.

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I ordered an XLT SR with Tow Tech Package in the first hour of the "3rd wave" opening just yesterday.

In talking to my dealer about removing the scale & smart hitch option to get $650 back, they looked into it and told me actually that leaving the scale & smart hitch would leave the build in an unscheduled state because of a constraint on those parts.

So, removing the scale & smart hitch option apparently will get your truck built faster? For a cheaper price? It took me a second to fully understand that, but that's what my dealership said. Did anyone else hear this from their dealer?

Edit:

On page 6 or 7:
It won’t schedule until it is removed
I thought @SmokingtheMeats meant that you would have to remove the removal of the scale, but I think what they actually meant is that the truck won't schedule until the scale & smart hitch option is removed!

Can anyone confirm?

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Congrats on ordering your truck!

You got lucky being able to get an XLT before they disappeared. You also might be the only one I've seen on these forums that were XLT or nothing. Very lucky, not many are getting the exact tuck they want.

Seats, flooring, and a regular steering wheel are the concessions Pro buyers had to make. I have a FX4 with leather and enjoy it. Those 3 things (and a couple other minor differences) were not worth roughly $13k extra for me though to buy an XLT over a Pro.
Very true about the XLT being over priced but it had some items I really wanted and is within my budget unlike the Lariat.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Very true about the XLT being over priced but it had some items I really wanted and is within my budget unlike the Lariat.
Sounds like you made a great choice! Congratulations!

I agree, the Lariat was way too cost prohibitive for me too.

I know I've personally made claims about how bad of a value the XLT is. That's only because the Pro exists. If the Pro model didn't exist (which it kind of doesn't), or was $5k closer to the XLT price, there'd be no argument about a $60k EV Truck being a reasonable value (before tax breaks).

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Can anyone confirm?
Currently your truck will not be scheduled unless you select the removal option. If you are in my position with a Pro that isn't scheduled to be built until next Fall anyway, you can leave it on there and see what happens.

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L SR | 1991 Bronco
I ordered an XLT SR with Tow Tech Package in the first hour of the "3rd wave" opening just yesterday.

In talking to my dealer about removing the scale & smart hitch option to get $650 back, they looked into it and told me actually that leaving the scale & smart hitch would leave the build in an unscheduled state because of a constraint on those parts.

So, removing the scale & smart hitch option apparently will get your truck built faster? For a cheaper price? It took me a second to fully understand that, but that's what my dealership said. Did anyone else hear this from their dealer?

Edit:

On page 6 or 7:

I thought @SmokingtheMeats meant that you would have to remove the removal of the scale, but I think what they actually meant is that the truck won't schedule until the scale & smart hitch option is removed!

Can anyone confirm?
FWIW, as soon as the dealer accepted and submitted my order this morning, this option was automatically removed w/out my intervention. I received an email update on the change, and the price was properly reflected in the online portal.

**Edit: apologies for any confusion. I now realize y'all are talking about *deselecting* the removal option on the order itself. I (unknowingly) had it checked -- hence the "auto removal"**

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The terminology is definitely confusing around this, but I think based on the last couple messages, it seems you need to remove the scale & smart hitch to get your truck scheduled!

I actually like this a lot because I selected the Tow Tech package primarily to get the 360 cameras. I don't really care about the scale because all the hauling I would do originate from garden supply/landscaping stores where they weigh you before & after anyway to get the price of your haul—so I already know how much I'm hauling.

Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Sports Track, '01 Corvette, '15 Tesla S
Update from Raleigh, NC (May 20th Reservation - 14th on the Dealer List)

Boy - this forum got long fast so I'll try not to repeat.

After receiving the text teaser last night, the e-mail to order showed up 15 minutes later. Ordered an XLT with just the spray-in bed - and paid Ford the $500 deposit. As with others, the dealer called 20 minutes later to chat/confirm. Completed the final pricing over DocuSign around 1pm today - not surprises.

So this dealer has delivered one Lightning and now has one demo - with 179 reservations in the queue. The guesstimate is Spring 2023 for my delivery. I now show up on Ford.com as "Dealer Accepted Order".

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Of all the people that have placed the new orders? Are their dealers adding ADM? If so, how much?
Hell my dealer tried to sell me an XLT ER this week that was turned down at MSRP, i wasnt quick enough.

mattb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I got the order invite last night but could not order the pro so I waited to morning to order the XLT but that was gone now too. So I called the dealer this morning and he told me that the order banks were not open so I was frustrated with so I hung up. And little later he called me and said I can place my order and than I got a text from Ford saying they fixed the big that was causing you to not order the pro or xlt
is this real?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
is this real?
That person joined today, I highly doubt it's real. There is no "bug" with the ordering system or Ford's in a lot of trouble. Smells like a troll to me, but let's see if he posts his order screenshot.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
That person joined today, I highly doubt it's real. There is no "bug" with the ordering system or Ford's in a lot of trouble. Smells like a troll to me, but let's see if he posts his order screenshot.
I doubt that’s real as well, I think I was getting trolled there by Droy21 but Ford did send out a text mentioning a bug that prevented some people from ordering yesterday…

Ford F-150 Lightning Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ? 83ABA392-6572-49BC-AD9F-5843CF2F9F4B

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I doubt that’s real as well, I think I was getting trolled there by Droy21 but Ford did send out a text mentioning a bug that prevented some people from ordering yesterday…
I stand corrected, thanks for the screenshot! I'm still skeptical as others have verified there order page doesn't show Pro/XLT available.
Sponsored